Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been considering it in place of survival instinct but I don't know how fast the regen is?
I am going to change my opinion on what I previously said.

I finally took advice of "Quen (is that the shield one?) is your best friend and actually started using it. (has almost made the hardest mode a face roll. Griffon? What Griffon?). Previously I was getting smashed and only just surving fights, now I am getting hit once at most during fights, the ability is perfect to top your health back up.

I'm having a bit of a slow time in velen at the moment. After getting into face roll mode I'm having to pick and choose my question marks and quests as once anything is a few levels above it can be very hard. Some easier than others. Had to level up as the alghouls on woodlands beast contract were raping me despite being my lowest level quest.

But yeah quen is boss. I'm going to swap it back in, I ended up trying the regen which was handy not having to use food between fights but I feel so gimped with it taking a slot.

Finding a severe lack of food sources at the moment too. Not many vendors or reliable food stores around velen, must be all in novigrad but I'm reluctant to move the story along in fear of failing quests as I've already failed fake papers/bitter harvest, I might have been a bit under levelled so there was no way I was going to save the villagers from that amount of ghouls and a rot fiend on this difficulty. Tried reloading a couple times but not fussed, as there is another way to get the bridge pass and the quest was probably for only 10xp or something stupid.

My last day of work before a week off so can't wait to get some really solid time into this. Might spend tonight just grinding money, between repairs, alcohest for refilling pots and food scraps I'm always too broke for Gwent cards :straining: wish there was a way of tracking who I have played and beaten. Hate playing strong nilfgaard decks. My northern kingdoms deck is pretty buff now without heroes but some of those nilfgaard cards are devasting.

What's the easiest way to find a hive or is it just random?

they show up on Witcher sense. There's a about a dozen of them around the herbalists hut in White Orchard.

JuiWxH5.jpg

No xp for killing so you can't grind, meaning you have to go explore to find treasure or quests or whatever
Where did you see this? I just mentioned this on the PST forums and they said it is incorrect.

Edit: after some research this was mentioned in 2013, but I didn't see anything about them changing their minds or any more talk about it at all.

Last edited:
Where did you see this? I just mentioned this on the PST forums and they said it is incorrect.

Edit: after some research this was mentioned in 2013, but I didn't see anything about them changing their minds or any more talk about it at all.

Some of the monster trophy's and weapons have experience boosts in relation to killing things e.g 5% experience boost for killing humans/non humans.

Some of the monster trophy's and weapons have experience boosts in relation to killing things e.g 5% experience boost for killing humans/non humans.

I swapped out wraith trophy because I wasn't getting experience for killing anything at all. Unless it's only like 1 or 2 xp or something stupid, or only for named mobs. Sounds like I'm wrong so I'm going to have to have a look again. I'd that's the case I'm going to try and grind a level out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As expected the story goes over my head.

The story of the three games rivals A Song of Ice and Fire in its complexity. The first game is relatively simple compared to Wild Hunt and kind of starts a bit smaller before really getting into the nature of the politics of the world. In 2 it doesn't slow down and you really do need to keep up with all the characters. Wild Hunt drops you in the deep end and leaves you to sink or swim.

It's ******* fantastic.

I'm having a bit of a slow time in velen at the moment. After getting into face roll mode I'm having to pick and choose my question marks and quests as once anything is a few levels above it can be very hard. Some easier than others. Had to level up as the alghouls on woodlands beast contract were raping me despite being my lowest level quest.

But yeah quen is boss. I'm going to swap it back in, I ended up trying the regen which was handy not having to use food between fights but I feel so gimped with it taking a slot.

Finding a severe lack of food sources at the moment too. Not many vendors or reliable food stores around velen, must be all in novigrad but I'm reluctant to move the story along in fear of failing quests as I've already failed fake papers/bitter harvest, I might have been a bit under levelled so there was no way I was going to save the villagers from that amount of ghouls and a rot fiend on this difficulty. Tried reloading a couple times but not fussed, as there is another way to get the bridge pass and the quest was probably for only 10xp or something stupid.

My last day of work before a week off so can't wait to get some really solid time into this. Might spend tonight just grinding money, between repairs, alcohest for refilling pots and food scraps I'm always too broke for Gwent cards :straining: wish there was a way of tracking who I have played and beaten. Hate playing strong nilfgaard decks. My northern kingdoms deck is pretty buff now without heroes but some of those nilfgaard cards are devasting.

The area the Baron controls is where you want to start. West of Hangman's tree.

Main story and key character story chains are where the XP are at. Smashed through some levels tonight but so many question marks are still beyond my level. Over levelled for a heap of other story missions now so a good chance to plough through and bank more XP. On highest difficulty, anything more than 2 levels above seems be pretty tough (some closer to impossible), but anything equal is a face roll. At least from level 8 onwards you can finally start crafting some of the decent gear.

Also, not killing Letho in 2 was so worth it. That quest <3

First entry into the series, and after reading up on some of the lore I have to say I'm not totally lost! Nowhere near as bad as it was in DAI. Going to have to get a hang of the whole alchemy/crafting thing. Cleared out White Orchard before heading to Velen, but now I have all these ability points but no slots to put them in. Still though, liking it quite a lot.

I got that bug where you get stuck at the main menu screen and it just says "please wait"

Apparently restarting the console fixes it, so tried that and sure enough it worked but I've lost my save file now which was part of the bug

This game was released with bad problems, absolutely pathetic considering it was delayed a few times.

I got that bug where you get stuck at the main menu screen and it just says "please wait"

Apparently restarting the console fixes it, so tried that and sure enough it worked but I've lost my save file now which was part of the bug

This game was released with bad problems, absolutely pathetic considering it was delayed a few times.

Did your save corrupt or get deleted? I agree that is terrible, but why I also roll in RPGs with about 5 or 6 saves.

Corrupt I think. I'm seriously over this game already, it's broken on so many levels, it just randomly crashed on me while riding my horse, and had to reboot it up. It also feels so stuttery, like just running around, the environment just isn't smooth if you know what I mean, there's a ever so slightly pause in the movement.

A friend of mine has this on ps4 and I had a play around last night to see if I could notice differences and it just runs so much better on it.

Any news of patches? This game needs another asap

Back