Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Same apparently the story ends a lot differently the other way. Sounds worse.

I went the other way once I found out the children weren't refugees. I didn't trust the spirit one bit but after deliberation I decided it was best to try and save the indefensible from the crones. After arriving later at the bog (via Downwarren which has been destroyed by the spirit and in my game is now occupied by wraiths) with the Baron and meeting the witch hunters we found the dolls the crones used to control their slaves and destroyed it to free his wife. While she returned back to human form she was already nearly dead from the curse and passed away in the Baron's arms. He told me what I needed to know about Ciri and to meet him back at Crows Peak, and upon walking up the hill to his house he was swinging from a tree. He had hung himself and the sergeant is now in control of the fort. Amazing quest line. I needed to go play a few games of gwent after this one to collect my thoughts and in the end I think I still stand by my choice. The Baron's estrangement and suicide was his own doing. It was unfortunate what happened to Downwarren but I had the purest intentions in saving the children. Like so much in this game, not everything is black and white, love it.

Starting to enjoy it now, especially the Barons quest line, on my play through he's

taken his wife to some healer in the mountains, hopefully i get to meet up with them later on as the quest line deserves closure.

Have gone back to White Orchard and started to explore the map a bit more, discovering all the locales and finding some real decent gear/weapons. Glad that my open world OCD is being rewarded.

Not sure if it was just a random bug but I was using the d-pad to navigate the alchemy menu and it was consuming my food and potions i had hot keyed to up and down. Not that i need them (meditation health re-gen ftw) but just be wary.

Starting to enjoy it now, especially the Barons quest line, on my play through he's

taken his wife to some healer in the mountains, hopefully i get to meet up with them later on as the quest line deserves closure.

Have gone back to White Orchard and started to explore the map a bit more, discovering all the locales and finding some real decent gear/weapons. Glad that my open world OCD is being rewarded.

Not sure if it was just a random bug but I was using the d-pad to navigate the alchemy menu and it was consuming my food and potions i had hot keyed to up and down. Not that i need them (meditation health re-gen ftw) but just be wary.

That happened to me once I believe, had no idea why the sounds were happening and hoped it was just a glitch and didn't actual use my items.

Think I might have stuffed up collecting rare gwent cards - thought I'd concentrate on getting some last night but have pretty much completed the Bloody Baron's quest line, he's not at Crows Perch anymore so I can't play him for his unique card.

Looked up some guides and apparently you can also play a kid named Haddy in the village of Midcopse for one. Went there and searched the village from top to bottom but no Haddy :(

Think I might have stuffed up collecting rare gwent cards - thought I'd concentrate on getting some last night but have pretty much completed the Bloody Baron's quest line, he's not at Crows Perch anymore so I can't play him for his unique card.

Looked up some guides and apparently you can also play a kid named Haddy in the village of Midcopse for one. Went there and searched the village from top to bottom but no Haddy :(

Card is in his keep you can go and pick it up.

In his office? Yeah I went and searched there, all I found were his notes pointing me towards other players I could play

Weird I managed to pick it up. Though without writing any spoilers maybe my Baron ending was different than yours.

Two things keep me from purchasing this game atm despite having played the prequel years ago.
1. Working three jobs (one of them full time) allows me no time to devote to monster hunting;
2. I don't really want to play this until I upgrade to a 4K monitor. Which in turn would require me to buy a GTX Titan X. Now I have money but I'm not as well off as pantskyle and cannot justify spending $2500.00 to get the most out of this game.

Having a massive issue with some of the fist fights. There was one where the opponent would get one or two shots in as the loading screen is fading out, others where I'd get stuck on something stupid like a brick or a rock when trying to dodge and getting locked down by multiple opponents, and then this one I'm on in particular where I can successfully parry but the guy would just hit me anyway and even if he does stagger then Geralt will often go in for 3 quick punches when I only tap it twice meaning he hits me back on the third. Then of course the super long loading screen after dying. Super frustrating.

lmao and upon next attempt: I parry but don't go in to attack while he is staggered. Parry the next one, go in to attack, hit him but he hits me somehow at the same time (thought staggered), parry the next one but doesn't stagger, then hits me twice. Loading screen. Awesome.

edit: next one winnaaarrr. 6th time lucky. Emphasis on lucky.

k9wB9v3.jpg

Sigi Reuven - Carlton
King of Beggars - Collingwood
Cleaver - Richmond
Whoreson Junior - Essendon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two things keep me from purchasing this game atm despite having played the prequel years ago.
1. Working three jobs (one of them full time) allows me no time to devote to monster hunting;
2. I don't really want to play this until I upgrade to a 4K monitor. Which in turn would require me to buy a GTX Titan X. Now I have money but I'm not as well off as pantskyle and cannot justify spending $2500.00 to get the most out of this game.

I'll post my new rig with a titan x and my new 4k monitor when i get it finally by the 12th of June.

I brought the game but like you, I stopped after 20 hours and forcing myself to wait till i get my new rig built. I'll post screens and average fps when i have it up and running

I'll post my new rig with a titan x and my new 4k monitor when i get it finally by the 12th of June.

I brought the game but like you, I stopped after 20 hours and forcing myself to wait till i get my new rig built. I'll post screens and average fps when i have it up and running

That's what I did for witcher 2. I bought it then after 10 hours on that rig at the time I didn't think I was getting the most out of so waited 6 months until I built a new one. I'll eventually check it out on my 980 (and in truth I want the ps4 trophies lol) but it is performing surprisingly incredibly on ps4. Of course it is going to feel a lot silkier on 60fps but 1080 side by side it's running high to ultra. Credit to CDPR for getting the most out of this on the ps4.

For anyone else hitting up trophies and missed taking advantage of the wyvern (contract from nilfgaard camp) for 'even odds' trophy on death march difficulty, the two I managed it on were devilish delights and apiarian phantom. I waited to get at least 10 levels above the contracts hoping to make them really easy but ones like the swamp thing but it still gave a bit of grief. Imp is probably another easy one but in the end I chose not to kill it. The hound on that phantom contract is a massive damage sponge (and I'm using full enhanced feline) but it hardly attacks making it easy. The succubus can destroy you in 3 or 4 casts but is really squishy so just spam fast attack. At least I can finally go on with these contracts using buffs now. Only grindy trophy left is that stupid marksman one. Will be a worthwhile plat.

I figure I wait eight to ten months and I can get the game for sub-$20.
I can also buy the Acer XB280HK for $900 and I reckon the Titan will be about sub-$1000 by then (even less if I buy 2nd hand).
I would anticipate that the GTX Titan X would provide about the 35 fps in average scenes in 2160p.
Obviously, unless you get a high refresh rate monitor this is going to be reasonably sufficient.
I see that SLI GTX Titan X's will produce about 55-60 fps.
Also apparently if you turn off HairWorks you almost double your fps:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/...isappointing-performance-with-2-titan-x-sli-/

I wont be getting two Titan's as that is just to much over kill at this early stage IMO. I have used SLI in most of my rigs and the main weakness with it is that developers dont design titles with SLI in mind, its mainly a after thought, its the reason, performance wise you either wait weeks for drivers that offer support for a title or you have to force it.

With the comp im building the mother board will support up to 3 Titans and I'll add a new card only when the one card tends to struggle, which would not be for 2-3 years imo.

I don't want to put this in spoilers because it is bug related and pretty important. I'm nearly 10 levels over the story so maybe this is how mine got jumbled too, but anyway:

A short way into into main story line on Skellige you will get a main quest called 'missing person' and to go see Yennefer outside of this village called Lofoten. She appears on the beach so I'm not sure if the original design is intended for you to sail there but I bought maps to reveal extra fast travel locations, one was to nearby town of Larvik. By this stage I already had a secondary quest called 'in wolfs clothing.' I proceeded with this secondary but the whole time something felt weird, as if I was inspecting and collecting items for another quest. I googled and my hunch was correct. They have allowed you to grab this quest before you should and the consequences are potentially game breaking. Instead continue with 'missing person' as you will talk to the priestesses at Lofoten together with Yenn where they will fill you in about Morkvarg (dialog is the same whether you go to them first or after with Yenn) who are involved with the secondary quest. While at the garden, before or after you meet Morkvarg, there will be a well. Whatever you do don't drop down the well without inspecting around it (easy to miss because you inspect a lot to get to this point and it's safe to assume you have found what you were after). You will need to interact with something right next to the well which will trigger a new primary quest called 'nameless'. Failing to do so, completing these quests out of order and you pick up a key from the cave you fall in will most likely screw your game as it is a step in the other primary quest.

I was lucky I frequently save, one save at the start of play, one before I start every quest, and one frequently during each quest, so I didn't have to go back far. I read people losing hours because they looted the key too early and had to roll back to a very early save.

Hope that makes sense.

further edit: going to the garden with Yenn automatically updates Missing Person to Nameless after a short while of inspecting. Makes more sense now, the first time I went through I thought Geralt was talking to himself, but it turns out he is meant to be yelling out info to her while inspecting. So looting the key while on Missing Person while even inspecting the spot to trigger Nameless can break your game since the key is a step. Basically in short, just make sure you go to the garden with Yenn, and not on your own, and all will be good :D

Last edited:
Wow this is stupid. Im trying to get the plat so reading what I need to do without spoiling myself. I picked one option and it results in me doing something that *s the trophy. Really s**t decision (imo) to force me to do something I wouldn't have done normally just to get a trophy.

Wow this is stupid. Im trying to get the plat so reading what I need to do without spoiling myself. I picked one option and it results in me doing something that ****s the trophy. Really s**t decision (imo) to force me to do something I wouldn't have done normally just to get a trophy.

Yep. Some trophies are very, very missable. One in particular I'm bummed about but the others I can deal with. The trophy should be an either/or as long as you complete one of them. I'm nearly up to 9 days played (combination of death march, exploration and side missions) and feels like I'm a little past half way in the story and I would be fuming if I missed out on platinum because I didn't look up a few spoilers before hand.

Back