Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

96 hours. Death March since minute one. Still in Act 2. Take my time with every battle. So much fun.

Not sure if I enjoy it more than 1&2. All three have their charm. Brilliant series.

Just finished the King/Queen of Skellige side quest

AWESOME side quest. Really enjoyed it.

Except, hunting for that giant was bloody tedious.

Same. Probably developed so that the levels would be just about right if you mainly did story quests with minimal side quests. Not everyone is like us I guess and prepared to spend 100+ hours on the game.

Speaking of length, this thing is off the charts. Just got to

the part where you finally find Ciri and return to Kaer Morhen, assumed this was the end game and final boss fight. Lol nup, back to Velen afterwards. Epic fight though, I assume there's nothing you can do to save Vesemir and him dying is just part of the story?

So good. Probably the most bang for buck game I've ever played.

Games way too easy IMO. My only gripe. Just killed a 30 golem at level 22 on Death March without getting touched once. Way too easy .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assumed this has been answered but I'm too lazy to check.

How player friendly is this to new players in the series story and lore wise?

Thinking about taking advantage of JB's 2 for 1 deal and trading in Mortal Kombat X and Fifa 15 (while it still has trade value)

Just jump straight in. I played 2 and can't remember half of what happened or who anyone is but it just doesn't matter. You'll follow.

Thinking about taking advantage of JB's 2 for 1 deal and trading in Mortal Kombat X and Fifa 15 (while it still has trade value)
It's hard enough remembering what happened earlier in your playthrough of 3; don't worry about 2.

I played W2 years ago can't remember much and was never lost during 3.

Easy as to pick up!

You'll get by

There are a lot of things that pay tribute to the past games, particularly because you meet up with characters from the past games, and they talk about past events, and you can ask them how they're doing etc.

Doesn't really take anything away from your experience, I didn't feel that way having not played Witcher 1 or 2, but I think if you have played those 2, then the game would be that much better.

Just finished. GOTY for mine. Excellent game. 150 hours and not a single second of boredom.
Yep I'd agree. A minor issue is the wonky movement and camera (especially in confined spaces), and a semi-major one is the levelling issues (i.e. being constantly over-levelled).

Other than that, the stories are engaging and you feel compelled to finish quests because you want to see what happens. None of this collect 5 flowers rubbish. Ive just gotten to Skellige and that setting has blown my mind.

The combat is very underrated. Ive levelled up in the sign tree and Ive had to use pretty much all. The enemies require different tactics and styles. And there is a weight to combat which RPGs like Skyrim and Dragon Age dont have.

And that gameworld though.

This is a sunset.

q1DsMHQ.png

And this is Skellige. That;s not just background. You can make your way across those mountains.

55Ryl09.png

Back