Multiplat The Wolf Among Us

Remove this Banner Ad

It's out? I Looked yesterday and it wasn't available!
Been out since last week. I just didn't have time to get through it earlier.

Definitely should be available though.

It's out? I Looked yesterday and it wasn't available!
It is out.. I got it last week. Bloody near impossible to find. I got the season pass and it took me ages of fumbling thru
PSN till i found it. I cant even tell you how i did it. It couldnt be found in a search thats for sure. I think i looked for episode 2 and it was in the recommendations section? Dunno?!
Anyhoo, fantastic chapter, Personally this series is streets ahead of walking dead series 1. (havent started series 2 yet)

Just finished with the first episode. This looks like it'll be an amazing series.

The art style is incredible first off, beautiful colours, fantastic character design and just an outstanding use of this concept in general. It's too bad the framerate chugs along quite a bit and there's still plenty of hitches, it only feels a little better than The Walking Dead. Definitely the most disappointing aspect of the game, if it was just a bit better optimised it'd be pretty hard to pick faults with their work. Unfortunately there's a very clear and evident reason for the shitty framerate and hitches, and that's due to the game needing to look as good as it does, so therefore it's using higher res textures than the PS3/360 can handle. But they do go for what's right in the end, as if this game looked terrible it just would kill the amazing look the game has, the hitches and framerate problems tend not to hurt the gameplay enough that you can look past it.

I hadn't even heard of this 'Fables' series, but the way TellTale has worked it, it definitely makes me want to invest in this series more and see what it's all about. The story is great, the little nods and touches to all the fables and stories we've all no doubt grown up with is awesome to sort of go "oh yeah" about and mixing it in with this modern setting and built in a 'real world' offers a really awesome unique twist to it all.

MY CHOICES:
  • Gave Faith my money as did 85.9% of others.
  • Lied to Beast as did 59.6% of others.
  • Went to help Toad first as did 71.5% of others.
  • I went with the Woodsman as suspect as did 18.9% of others.
  • Arrested the Woodsman as did 32.7% of others.

As for the story:
Great first ep, so many twists and turns. This one feels like there's more impact to my choices than Walking Dead, that said, that might not be as true once I get deeper into the story.

Didn't expect Snow to die, that made me sad. :(

Will hopefully get through Ep 2 tomorrow.

Bought the season pass finally ands just spent the last 2 or so hours playing through episode 1

My choices were the exact same as yours except that

I named the pimp as my suspect

Ridiculously engrossing experience.

Not sure whether to stay up and play episode 2 or get sleep and play episodes 2 & 3 in the afternoon.

Finished Episode 2 now.

Choices
  • You and 13% of players accused Crane of not caring
  • You and 37% forced him to talk
  • You and 91.9% let Snow make her own decision
  • You and 70.1% of players didn't hit Georgie
  • You and 9% never had Beast at your mercy

Thoughts

Short episode with more character building but less excitement.
I guessed Crane was Mr Smith because I automatically assumed his appointments from episode 1 were hooker visits.
Very interested as to where they go next, glad Snow dying was a fake out as I think she's necessary for most of the season.

Onwards to Episode 3

Just finished Ep 3. Must say that this one had FAR less technical hiccups than any TellTale ep I've played so far, I don't quite know what they managed to do but this was pretty smooth overall really.

As for the ep, absolutely epic! This series is just phenomenal, I am dying to see what the next 2 eps throw up. I hate that there's so much time between them coming out, even though I completely understand it, it's just painful to have to wait!!

My Choices:
  • I and 81.8% of players didn't interrupt Snow's eulogy.
  • I chose to investigate Crane's Apartment first as did 37% of players (42% the bar and 20% Dee/Dum's)
  • I made a deal with Jack as did 70.5% of players.
  • I offered Flycatcher a job as did 96.5% of players.
  • I didn't burn Greenleaf's tree as did 80.9% of players.
  • I killed Dum as did 47.4% of players.

There's another two episodes?!

Oh god I'm not going to be able to wait for that long.. I thought there was only one more.

I also killed Dum. Then felt bad about it. Also what's up with Bluebeard? You don't see him at all in the second half of that episode.. I reckon we'll find him dead.

Just finished Ep 3. Must say that this one had FAR less technical hiccups than any TellTale ep I've played so far, I don't quite know what they managed to do but this was pretty smooth overall really.

As for the ep, absolutely epic! This series is just phenomenal, I am dying to see what the next 2 eps throw up. I hate that there's so much time between them coming out, even though I completely understand it, it's just painful to have to wait!!

My Choices:
  • I and 81.8% of players didn't interrupt Snow's eulogy.
  • I chose to investigate Crane's Apartment first as did 37% of players (42% the bar and 20% Dee/Dum's)
  • I made a deal with Jack as did 70.5% of players.
  • I offered Flycatcher a job as did 96.5% of players.
  • I didn't burn Greenleaf's tree as did 80.9% of players.
  • I killed Dum as did 47.4% of players.

Seeing as you must have went to the Tweedle's office, as you talked to Flycatcher (I never visited the office so I missed this part), did you open the folder of "Kelsey Brannigan" that was about the time when the NYPD interrogated Bigby? She was the woman asking the questions.

It has a note on it saying "Keep an eye on her". She looks suspiciously like Bloody Mary..

There's another two episodes?!

Oh god I'm not going to be able to wait for that long.. I thought there was only one more.

I also killed Dum. Then felt bad about it. Also what's up with Bluebeard? You don't see him at all in the second half of that episode.. I reckon we'll find him dead.
I don't think Bluebeard can/will die. It was weird how there was zero sighting of him after he left though. But as for him dying, if this series is a prequel of sorts, he will stay around as he makes an appearance in the first issue of the comics.
Seeing as you must have went to the Tweedle's office, as you talked to Flycatcher (I never visited the office so I missed this part), did you open the folder of "Kelsey Brannigan" that was about the time when the NYPD interrogated Bigby? She was the woman asking the questions.

It has a note on it saying "Keep an eye on her". She looks suspiciously like Bloody Mary..
Nope, I didn't notice any interactive items in the office at all.

Ah cool. So are the comics worth reading? I'm assuming there are a few hundred to read through..
Have only got and read the first issue and it's pretty good, basically written like the game. Worth it if you want more of the world that these characters exist in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Episode 3 was amazing! I find myself not making choices based on what I want but on what I think Bigby would do, the immersiveness is top notch. Which leads me playing the nice guy for the most part but losing my s**t when I'm wolf raging.

It is out.. I got it last week. Bloody near impossible to find. I got the season pass and it took me ages of fumbling thru
PSN till i found it. I cant even tell you how i did it. It couldnt be found in a search thats for sure. I think i looked for episode 2 and it was in the recommendations section? Dunno?!
Anyhoo, fantastic chapter, Personally this series is streets ahead of walking dead series 1. (havent started series 2 yet)

Just looked again and it still says coming soon yet on the main title screen it says ep 3 is available.

Just went through PSN network and had to search for it. Ridiculous. Thanks for that though.

Scariness, you've stolen my avatar!

I noticed we had the same avatar. Loaded up the last page and saw Lenny, and I didn't think I had posted in this thread before ;).

I went onto play Episode 3 yesterday as well.

So far a fantastic experience, but I've chewed through 5-6 hours worth in one day and now have to wait until I get into Episodes 4 & 5.

I absolutely adore this game, the art style, soundtrack, themes and having legitimate ramifications for my actions is a really novel concept. Especially since everything isn't black and white like an Infamous Second Son.

This is my GOTY at this point and it's not even close.

I went onto play Episode 3 yesterday as well.

So far a fantastic experience, but I've chewed through 5-6 hours worth in one day and now have to wait until I get into Episodes 4 & 5.

I absolutely adore this game, the art style, soundtrack, themes and having legitimate ramifications for my actions is a really novel concept. Especially since everything isn't black and white like an Infamous Second Son.

This is my GOTY at this point and it's not even close.
Yeah, I did the same for eps 1 and 2. Rushed through them within a day, it was a bad idea as it left me hankering for more. However I do not regret the decision at all.

I am so engrossed by the series, I don't know quite what it is that has me so sucked in but I enjoy it so much. I think one aspect that it has over The Walking Dead is that it's nowhere near as bleak, as much as that series is awesome in it's darkness, it's nice to have SOME amount of fun in the game. The art style definitely helps, even in the bleak moments that the game has too. I really hope TellTale get more seasons out of this concept.

I'm eventually going to grab more of the comics too as I just need to get more of this world.

Agree with the GOTY statement as well (if it counts? I guess if the majority of it comes out in 2014 it's a 2014 game?), granted we have a long year left and I am yet to start Walking Dead Season 2 as well. But this one is sitting very high right now.

Yeah, I did the same for eps 1 and 2. Rushed through them within a day, it was a bad idea as it left me hankering for more. However I do not regret the decision at all.

I am so engrossed by the series, I don't know quite what it is that has me so sucked in but I enjoy it so much. I think one aspect that it has over The Walking Dead is that it's nowhere near as bleak, as much as that series is awesome in it's darkness, it's nice to have SOME amount of fun in the game. The art style definitely helps, even in the bleak moments that the game has too. I really hope TellTale get more seasons out of this concept.

I'm eventually going to grab more of the comics too as I just need to get more of this world.

Agree with the GOTY statement as well (if it counts? I guess if the majority of it comes out in 2014 it's a 2014 game?), granted we have a long year left and I am yet to start Walking Dead Season 2 as well. But this one is sitting very high right now.

I think it counts considering 80% of the game is coming out in 2014.

I haven't played The Walking Dead seasons yet, I'll probably look to that to fill the gap.

Just finished ep 3 and wow that was amazing. Just pisses me off how long we have to wait for the next one. I still don't understand how people aren't playing this or walking dead. They are just brilliantly written. The tension building is tremendous.

this is what I did - same as you HBK.

- Didn't interrupt Eulogy
- Investigated Cranes apartment first
- Made a deal with Jack
- Offered Flycatcher a job
- did not burn Greenleafs tree
- I killed Dum

I think the guy in the Limo is Bluebeard? He looked like he was wearing the same clothes as him usually.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back