Multiplat The Wolf Among Us

Remove this Banner Ad

Was going to buy this on PS3, the season pass is around $11. Apparently has the same performance issues as TWD seasons, poorly optimized engine for consoles :(

Time to "acquire" it on PC then.

It chugs on PS3. I'm waiting for TWD to hit PS4 before I play them as a result.

Was going to buy this on PS3, the season pass is around $11. Apparently has the same performance issues as TWD seasons, poorly optimized engine for consoles :(

Time to "acquire" it on PC then.
More than worth a genuine purchase, plays better than TWD imo framerate wise. Either that, or just grab it for PS4 in November, will run beautifully on that.

It's not really to do with the engine being poorly optimised either, it's simply due to them needing to work on a system that has old architecture that's not suited to the games style. The game needs to look as good as it can as that's one of the big focuses that the game presents, if they were to optimise it, it'd mean a significant culling to the superb graphics.

So I beat it the other day, absolutely loved it and would say that the story was better than TWD S1. Didn't get the ending. I want the comics now but I just wonder how close they are to the game or if there's different stories in the comics and whatnot like a tv series rather than one long main story.

Spudregus_87 So it seems after I started, I couldn't stop - finished the series at about 1.30 last night (feeling it at work a bit today but was worth it!).

Amazing series. Loved the story, the twists, the characters, the art - just everything about it!

I think of the ones I've played, I'd rank it in the top 3 which is very hard to split with TWD S1 and TFTB. GoT and TWD S2 would probably be behind those 3.

As for the ending - I initially didn't know what to make of it but I think Frank Grimes theory above is probably the most logical. Last 2 eps were probably a bit light on content compared to the earlier ones but were still fantastic experiences.

I really really hope Telltale do a second season of this (along with Tales from the Borderlands) - deserves a second season.

Finally knocked this off my backlog and wowee, a classic :thumbsu:

Found it slow to get into, but by the end of the first ep was hooked.

Life is Strange and Walking Dead my favs personally and have this just a rung below, but there's so much they've done better than all other episodic games. The art style of the last 2 episodes was amazing as were the 'action' sequences.

And the hearing with the Crooked Man would have to be my favourite non action based gaming experience. Amazing dialogue.

Nuts if you never play this.

Yep also going through this after getting it free on the xbone last month. It's no walking dead but it aint bad

Played ep 3 of Michonne yet?

bump so after always hearing amazing things about this thought i would finally give in and play it pretty good enjoying the setting and all the characters

episode one
gave faith my money
lied and said i didn't see beauty
went to help toad first
pointed the finger at the tweedles
arrested tweedle dee

episode 2
sympathised with crane
persuaded tweedle dee to talk
let snow make her own decision
hit georgie
never had beast at my mercy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

liking how the game keeps bringing in characters who you just want to kill or bash yet im trying to play calm and reformed but its testing my patience so the game is very well written
episode 3
didn't interrupt snow's eulogy
investigated the bar first thought crane would be smart and hide his tracks so felt that option would be a waste of time
offered flycatcher a job
did not burn greenleaf's tree
showed mercy to tweedle dum

episode 4
decided not to send colin to the farm
tried to remove the ribbon
went to the lucky pawn first
decided toad should not go to the farm.makes me laugh at how much of a campaigner he is
lit a smoke in response to the crooked man

Why oh why did it take me so long to play.
Loved the GOT Telltale, Loved Walking Dead, but the story in this one is the best IMO. Also love the art style and Nostalgia.
3 Eps in, should smash out the rest tonight i reckon.
Without knowing how it finishes, it seems an obvious choice for a season 2 and a new storyline/crime to solve.

so after a bit of a break and not wanting it to end i finally got around to finishing episode 5

killed georgie
brought the crooked man back alive
imprisoned the crooked man
accetped tj's gift for snow
last words were i hope i have done some good here
great story they really should do a season 2 for this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back