The Worde on Laverde?

Remove this Banner Ad

If Petracca was available at 19 Carlton probably still would've gone with Boekhorst :p :rolleyes:

Bit harsh, Rogers rates Boekhorst a lot higher than Laverde

Rumour has it Blues recruiters not impressed by LaVerde interview all. Bottom line Zblues went with best available and Laverde wasnt it

Conor McKenna?

What about McKenna? You are pointing out an isolated case. What about Paddy Ryder?
I'd be more inclined to listen to a guy like Ryder - who has full knowledge of the current environment, yet wanted out.
Is McKenna an Essendon supporter? Essendon have a long history of drafting Essendon supporters - which might be why more haven't jumped ship.
Yet.. We have a guy like Winderlich - an Essendon supporter/player - who wanted to jump ship...
From the outside looking in, I'd question whether Essendon is a desired club to go to, when a 10 year player and long time Essendon supporter - wanted out.
On that alone, I'd say maybe Essendon isn't a desired club to be at. Yet you want to point out Conor McKenna - who I haven't even heard of.
Gimme a break Hirdy.

What about McKenna? You are pointing out an isolated case. What about Paddy Ryder?
I'd be more inclined to listen to a guy like Ryder - who has full knowledge of the current environment, yet wanted out.
Is McKenna an Essendon supporter? Essendon have a long history of drafting Essendon supporters - which might be why more haven't jumped ship.
Yet.. We have a guy like Winderlich - an Essendon supporter/player - who wanted to jump ship...
From the outside looking in, I'd question whether Essendon is a desired club to go to, when a 10 year player and long time Essendon supporter - wanted out.
On that alone, I'd say maybe Essendon isn't a desired club to be at. Yet you want to point out Conor McKenna - who I haven't even heard of.
Gimme a break Hirdy.

Regarding Mckenna I will excuse your ignorance as you are clueless on the matter, Winderlich and Howlett which you seem pretty clueless about also were only leaving if Hird got the sack.

Here is what Giles said

Giles is from the Barossa Valley and also spent four years on Port Adelaide's list without playing a senior game.

He also spoke to Adelaide, but a chat with Bombers coach James Hird convinced him where his next AFL home should be.

"Hirdy played a massive part ... I had a chat with him before the trade stuff happened and he was pretty much the reason I came here," he said.

"The way he sold the club and said where he wants to take the club and where he thinks this club can go - I definitely wanted to be a part of that."

interesting that not everyone shares your point of view.
also there is Chapman, Cooney and Gwilt.

Last edited:

Gimme a break Hirdy.

I am unsure what you mean - Essendon is like any club - It has its advantages and disadvantages - We lost Crameri who got a better offer, and fell out with one of the coaching staff and Ryder who was under family pressure to chase more dollars - Despite the prophets of doom the list has stayed together and has managed to attract talent - Players who are inside the footy industry know far more than the spin in the media.

Gimme a break Hirdy.

Im surprised more people haven't heard him laughing about the suggestion he wanted to leave. Winders is one of the most genuine people you would likely meet, literally "thought it was quite funny" he wanted to leave.

I know, I was confirming and agreeing with you :thumbsu:

Laverde and Langford are both life long Essendon supporters and live 10 minutes from Windy Hill. Edit: and Tulla for that matter
Langford is/was a dogs supporter.

All the talk about Laverde reminds me of Kavanagh a couple of years ago.
Everyone was saying they where amazed that he sliped to the bombers and he will be the next Heppel.
He has been a dud.
There is obviously a differnce between who the media ranks and who the actual experts rank.
My memory may be biased, but it was that Kavanagh went pretty much where predicted, and like similar players in this year's draft and in the past with Swift was being rated on his U17yr performance having missed most of the year with hamstring injuries. He was also expected to get a discount (like Selwood) in that there was a real concern his hamstrings would just keep pinging. He was considered a high risk, high reward option and was seen as being a top 10 pick if he hadn't been injured and had performed in his final U18 year. Sure, he was talked up a bit post draft - how many draftees aren't? But to now say he was expected to go much higher than he did is wrong.

That said, he is looking like a dud. :(
To be fair Kavanah has hamstrings that ping every 2 games, they couldn't forsee that. However they should have seen something. Maybe they weren't looking hard enough, I'm not sure. At least Laverde and Langford don't seem to be injury prone and thats a start.
And to be fair, he hasn't really had an injury since being drafted. He's been managed very well on the injury front, he just hasn't produced. The irony being that his hamstring injuries were expected to be what held him back, and most rated his talent. Whereas in reality his hamstring's have been fine, he just hasn't performed.

I don't have the time to write an educated reply, but I can tell you right now we came out of out draft sanctions a hell of a lot better than Carlton.... Draft penalties whaaaat???
You must have a crystal ball your kids could turn out duds or injuries could cut them down i would wait a couple of years before i even comment on our kids!

Lol @ Kids being upset to be drafted to one of the most successful clubs in history with the best training bases and play in some of the leagues biggest games.

Bloody poor kids.

Suppose Langford will be spewing he's gonna miss some of those minnow 15k blockbusters on a Sunday arvo.

Lol @ Kids being upset to be drafted to one of the most successful clubs in history with the best training bases and play in some of the leagues biggest games.

Bloody poor kids.

Suppose Langford will be spewing he's gonna miss some of those minnow 15k blockbusters on a Sunday arvo.

and The Club is still been Investigated for Being Drug Cheats as well

Bloody poor kids.

Who the * said they were upset to be at Essendon?

A poster said that Langford supported for Essendon and lived 10 minutes from the club, which are both untrue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who the **** said they were upset to be at Essendon?

A poster said that Langford supported for Essendon and lived 10 minutes from the club, which are both untrue.

Are you sure they said Langford?, Laverde supported Essendon and live 5 minutes from the club according to the interview Laverde has with Hird.

Are you sure they said Langford?, Laverde supported Essendon and live 5 minutes from the club according to the interview Laverde has with Hird.

Laverde and Langford are both life long Essendon supporters and live 10 minutes from Windy Hill. Edit: and Tulla for that matter

Regarding Mckenna I will excuse your ignorance as you are clueless on the matter, Winderlich and Howlett which you seem pretty clueless about also were only leaving if Hird got the sack.

Here is what Giles said

Giles is from the Barossa Valley and also spent four years on Port Adelaide's list without playing a senior game.

He also spoke to Adelaide, but a chat with Bombers coach James Hird convinced him where his next AFL home should be.

"Hirdy played a massive part ... I had a chat with him before the trade stuff happened and he was pretty much the reason I came here," he said.

"The way he sold the club and said where he wants to take the club and where he thinks this club can go - I definitely wanted to be a part of that."

interesting that not everyone shares your point of view.
also there is Chapman, Cooney and Gwilt.
What else would Giles say? Essendon is a great result for him. He is only competing against Bellchambers for a spot. If you are an average ruck you want to go to a club that you are competing against other average rucks. Bellchambers was woeful in 2014.

What else would Giles say? Essendon is a great result for him. He is only competing against Bellchambers for a spot. If you are an average ruck you want to go to a club that you are competing against other average rucks. Bellchambers was woeful in 2014.

And preferably not compete with a solo ruck.

Ok that is your theory regarding Giles, why would Cooney choose Ess over North, when North offered more $$$$?

I am unsure what you mean - Essendon is like any club - It has its advantages and disadvantages - We lost Crameri who got a better offer, and fell out with one of the coaching staff and Ryder who was under family pressure to chase more dollars - Despite the prophets of doom the list has stayed together and has managed to attract talent - Players who are inside the footy industry know far more than the spin in the media.

Ryder left for more money? Riiiiight...

Ok that is your theory regarding Giles, why would Cooney choose Ess over North, when North offered more $$$$?
To get a game in a weaker side.

Your not exactly pulling in top shelf players. Bringing in players well past their best is not going to solve your problem of being over run in games.

Your not exactly pulling in top shelf players. Bringing in players well past their best is not going to solve your problem of being over run in games.

Our top ups have proven something. Norfs have proven they can spend extended periods in the medical room

Cooney could have just stayed at the Bulldogs to play in a weaker side.
Waite and Higgins?

Cooney could have just stayed at the Bulldogs to play in a weaker side.
Waite and Higgins?

You could be favourite for the spoon by round 1 and Cooney captain.

Waite and Higgins have joined a top 4 side - and if you missed the final we steam rolled essendon. We don't have an issue with stopping in games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back