19 Portsmouth 9
20 Doncaster Rovers 8
21 Nottingham Forest 8
22 Coventry City 7
23 Millwall 7
The Barclays rejects? :D

Re: Saintsational have banned me, seems like for good

How I'll be spending the off-season.

Saints drew Derby (and apparently were lucky to get away with a point) - still top of the ladder, though, two ahead of West Ham and M'borough.

Pompey beat Barnsley - now four points away from relegation.

Saints drew Derby (and apparently were lucky to get away with a point) - still top of the ladder, though, two ahead of West Ham and M'borough.

Pompey beat Barnsley - now four points away from relegation.

I actually found a dodgy live stream so got to watch it.

We were all over them but unfortunately conceded a soft (offside) goal in the opening two minutes. If Lallana had played we would have won comfortably.

West Ham game on Wednesday morning will be huge!

I actually found a dodgy live stream so got to watch it.

We were all over them but unfortunately conceded a soft (offside) goal in the opening two minutes. If Lallana had played we would have won comfortably.

West Ham game on Wednesday morning will be huge!
COME ON WEST HAM

West Ham has always been my team however have always had a soft spot for the Saints due to the obvious connection, would love to see West Ham and Southampton be the top two teams this year

COME ON WEST HAM

West Ham has always been my team however have always had a soft spot for the Saints due to the obvious connection, would love to see West Ham and Southampton be the top two teams this year

I wouldn't mind that either - I went to Upton Park a number of times during my time in London (when Harry Redknapp was their manager - rather successful times for the Hammers).

And it just feels wrong (to me at least) to see these two clubs not play in the Premier League. But then again, the same can be said about Forest, Leeds or Palace - but not Pompey or Millwall, of course...

My first action tomorrow morning will be to check the score on my mobile - Sainter, I would love to ask you for the link for the dodgy live stream, but I fear that the times of staying up all night to watch the football in Europe are over for me as my kids will not care whether I slept 8 or 2 hours...

Who do you follow?

Australian Club/s:

English Club/s:

Rest of World:

I have to admit that while I'd say Victory, I don't follow football (soccer) that much in Australia - Melbourne offers so much sport, you have to make compromises...

Otherwise, I support:

England : Southampton FC
Germany : Hamburger SV
Belgium : RSC Anderlecht
Holland : Ajax Amsterdam

Who do you follow?

Australian Club/s: Noone, A-League is s**t & made worse by Harry Kewell & his ego thinking he is bigger then then the club/league

English Club/s: Man Utd.... Do have soft spot for Darlington thanks to playing FIFA on PS3. Wouldnt have clue what league they are in though :cool:

Rest of World: Rangers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the two of you will have a great time in this thread... :p

:p This is how Man City prepare for a big clash against Man Utd :D:D

Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli forced to flee after setting fire to own house with firework

Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli was forced to flee from his burning house after a firework was set off in his bathroom, officials said Saturday.

The Guardian reported that Balotelli had trained as normal on Saturday and told club officials that the blaze started when he and four friends began setting off firworks through an open window.

The blaze inside the property started when a firework set bathroom towels alight, Balotelli is reported to have said.

Well, never a dull moment with Balotelli. 6-1. Yay!!! And Celtic won too. :D

Do you guys reckon Messi is up there with Pele and Maradona? Given how young he is I reckon he could well become the greatest footballer ever.

Look, on talent, he's probably one of the best already. He's got another 3 world cups to redeem himself.

But I will have to spit out some tired old arguments. He's served a lot on a platter. Xavi and Iniesta are fantastic. I think he has to play the same way for the Internationals for him to be the g8est Eva.

Life's good!

1 Southampton 16 36
2 West Ham United 16 31

3 Middlesbrough 16 30
4 Cardiff City 16 27
5 Blackpool 16 25
6 Crystal Palace 16 25

7 Leeds United 16 25
8 Derby County 16 24
9 Hull City 15 24
10 Brighton 16 23
11 Peterborough United 16 22
12 Leicester City 16 22
13 Birmingham 13 21
14 Reading 16 21
15 Ipswich Town 15 20
16 Portsmouth 16 19
17 Millwall 16 18
18 Burnley 15 18
19 Barnsley 16 18
20 Nottingham Forest 16 17

21 Watford 16 16
22 Bristol City 16 13
23 Coventry City 16 12
24 Doncaster Rovers 16 12

Re: Football Discussion (beware - this be soccer)

Who do you follow?

Australian Club/s: Nil

English Club/s: Chelsea

Rest of World: Nil

EPL: Chelsea (not that I follow soccer all that much)

Second team/soft spot for Southend, and a wee bit of interest in Brighton :eek:

Southampton supporters... make sure you join the "Southampton Australian Supporters" page on facebook. Melbourne Saints meet for every televised match. A really friendly bunch. The next one should be:

Sat 10th Dec Southampton v Blackpool

He plays on the left, he plays on the right.
Adam Lallana makes Messi look shite. :)

Aust: Heart. But I don't really follow that much. Just chose Heart as they were new and to piss all the Victory fans off.
English: Chelsea. With a soft spot for Wolves and Everton. Spent a year in the UK and got to go to a few games and tour some of the grounds (awesome).
Rest: Celtic. Also keep an eye on Real Madrid.

Southampton supporters... make sure you join the "Southampton Australian Supporters" page on facebook. Melbourne Saints meet for every televised match. A really friendly bunch. The next one should be:

Sat 10th Dec Southampton v Blackpool

He plays on the left, he plays on the right.
Adam Lallana makes Messi look shite. :)

Any chance of setting up a Twitter account? I've stopped using Facebook.

Feel free to post details of any future meetings on here or Saints Web though. It would be great to catch up with some fellow Saints fans!

BTW, feel free to use the football boards on BigFooty. We have a Championship thread in which I am very careful to update the table every week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back