The WORST performance you've ever seen from your team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
v Fitzroy 1991, a few games before Bartlett was sacked. The atmosphere was positively feral, and I got into heated arguments with other Richmond supporters about the rules and other peripheral issues.

Honourable mentions to 158 v Geelong in 2007, and the 103-point loss to Carlton on the day the Fighting Tiger Fund was launched.

This year when we played North at Docklands comes to mind.

The first 3 quarters were pathetic. What was most frustrating was that we were not trying! We clearly had the talent to put the effort in and win that game.

There is nothing wrong with an average/poor team getting beaten by 100+ points, but a very good team losing a game through total lack of effort/respect is unacceptable and hurts. Losing that game and one or two others in similar style in 2012 cost us top 4 IMO.

Very hard to understand why a good side like Geelong would approach a game in such a manner -no disrespect to Roos, but when we 'woke up' in the final term we belted you. Oh and don't give me any BS about 'training loads'...

2010 PF final vs Collingwood. Everything that could've gone against us did and everything that could've gone for them did.

I now call that game "the Leigh Brown bounce".
Personally 102pt lose to the pies in 2006, I went with my father in-law (pie supporter) and brother in-law (cats), shocking game.
Buddha's last game vs blues 2001 comes a VERY close second.

Edit: Wait I change my answer, 2006 vs WCE at home. I went to the game with my uncle and went MENTAL after the game (stuff I cant repeat here!), he called it after WCEs second goal in a row just before 3/4 time.

Most games this year had me in fits but one that will burn with me forever is actually the PF vs Adelaide in 1998. I watched us all year that year and we were so so good. I was an 8 year old kid and i just didn't understand what the hell happened to us. I remember Chris Grant kicked a goal in junk time and i was happy about that, haha kids, but as the years went on that game will always really hurt and i just don't understand why we were so crap.

I now call that game "the Leigh Brown bounce".
Personally 102pt lose to the pies in 2006, I went with my father in-law (pie supporter) and brother in-law (cats), shocking game.
Buddha's last game vs blues 2001 comes a VERY close second.

Ah, that bounce.

Still remember McAvaney's call of it, "he's a magician".

A magician, Bruce? If he calls a goal like that a work of magic, I'm not sure he actually knows what 'magic' is. 'Magic' to me in football is a piece of freakish play, ala Daicos' checkside, Franklin's goal in the 2011 PF...not a hack into space in the forward pocket which takes a one-in-a-million bounce and arses a goal!

Ah, that bounce.

Still remember McAvaney's call of it, "he's a magician".

A magician, Bruce? If he calls a goal like that a work of magic, I'm not sure he actually knows what 'magic' is. 'Magic' to me in football is a piece of freakish play, ala Daicos' checkside, Franklin's goal in the 2011 PF...not a hack into space in the forward pocket which takes a one-in-a-million bounce and arses a goal!

Couldn't believe that went through...
Ugh.
I knew we were in trouble when he kicked that.

2010 PF final vs Collingwood. Everything that could've gone against us did and everything that could've gone for them did.

That was a bad game to watch felt bad for Geelong. At least Hawthorn suffered a heart breaking loss to them the following year :p

This is going to sound ridiculous, but the 66 point win against Melbourne this year was painful and showed many of the cracks that would ultimately cost us the flag in 2012. We kicked 15.25 (115) for the match, with many shocking misses at goal. We were dominating every facet of the game, including the scoreboard, but there was an inner thought that if we kicked like this against a top 4 team, it would come back to haunt us.

Another one that comes to mind was the insipid performance against Collingwood in early 2010. They were toying with us for the majority of the match, with only poor kicking at goal costing them a 100 point margin. Fortunately, we were able to defeat them later on in the year.

Unfortunately quite a few come to mind. :(

• Round 2 2010 - St Kilda 23.5.143 DEF North 6.3.39
  • Round 16 2011 - Collingwood 22.15.147 DEF North 3.12.30
  • Round 10 2012 - Hawthorn 27.12.174 DEF North 9.5.59
  • Elimination Final 2012 - West Coast 24.18.162 DEF North 9.12.66
  • Round 8 2012 - Port Adelaide 14.11.95 DEF North 14.9.93
All of these games made me feel miserable.
Hopefully we don't get flogged at all next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although it was probably a tanking effort, the hawks surrendering a 48 point lead against Richmond in 2004
Round 6...you're kidding, right...? Especially since they beat the Tigers in the return match at the end of the season when the spoon was directly on the line...never mind they were considered a top four threat before the season started and after smashing Melbourne in Round 1...

No, they outdid us...had a horrible feeling about the Tigers this year that day, and it all eventuated...they're onto something down there, have been for a couple of years, and this was the day it got unveiled...

Unfortunately quite a few come to mind. :(

• Round 2 2010 - St Kilda 23.5.143 DEF North 6.3.39
  • Round 16 2011 - Collingwood 22.15.147 DEF North 3.12.30
  • Round 10 2012 - Hawthorn 27.12.174 DEF North 9.5.59
  • Elimination Final 2012 - West Coast 24.18.162 DEF North 9.12.66
  • Round 8 2012 - Port Adelaide 14.11.95 DEF North 14.9.93
All of these games made me feel miserable.

Hopefully we don't get flogged at all next year.
did you rate your 2007 first final vs Geelong?

Round 6...you're kidding, right...? Especially since they beat the Tigers in the return match at the end of the season when the spoon was directly on the line...never mind they were considered a top four threat before the season started and after smashing Melbourne in Round 1...

Sorry, typo, should have said 2005
Round 21 that season we played the tigers, and collapsed midway through the third, ended up losing 137-134

2003 vs. Bulldogs @ Kardinia Park- Dogs on the bottom of the ladder with one win and we get belted, the final margin of 3 goals being very flattering on us. Also the previous year against them when we were 7 goals up during the second quarter before trailing at half time (went on to lose).

1990 vs. Hawthorn- Grand Final rematch, lead early in the third quarter before Dunstall runs riot and we lose by 115 points.

1994 vs. Brisbane @ Kardinia Park- was in America and stayed up at some stupid hour to watch us capitulate to the 15th-placed Bears at home, very amateur performance. The near-loss at home the following week against another cellar-dwellar in St Kilda was not good either, and probably the only time I've ever been disgusted with a win.

2006 vs. Hawthorn & Collingwood- 102-point loss to the Pies was one of the worst performances I've ever seen, 10-goal loss to the Hawks at home whilst in premiership contention was pretty bad too. The worst loss of 2006 though was undoubtedly the game against the Eagles.

1995 GF vs. Carlton- thought this was our year, to go into a grand final and lose the way we did was pretty poor. Final margin was flattering on us too, Carlton led by 15 goals at one stage.

1985/86 vs. Hawthorn @ Princes Park- forget the exact year, but the game was close at half time and we went on to lose 225-90.

Honourable mentions go to both games in 1998 vs. Sydney, Round 20/21 1992 vs. Adelaide (lost by 16 goals whilst on top of the ladder), 2008 vs. Collingwood, 2001 & 2004 vs. Carlton @ Princes Park, and the first quarter of this years final vs. Freo.

On the flip side, I've seen even more brilliant performances from us over the years.

2002 Round 22 vs Hawthorn. All we needed was a win and we would have secured a spot with a very young and improving side. We kicked 2 behinds in the first quarter and maybe 2 goals in the second. Was just inspipid from a side who were knocking on the door of the top 4 in round 18.
What made it worse is it was Crawfords 200th and i will never forget him carrying on like a porkchop after the game.

Any loss in 2006 can be added to the list.

A loss to the Dockers at Docklands in round 18, 2001. We weren't in great form but very much a top 4 contender (third at the time I think) and 5 goals up at quarter time.

In case you have forgotten Fremantle were an absolute basket case in 2001 and ended up with 2 wins and the spoon.

Anyway you will never see a lazier, more conceited performance from a football team and we were overrun in the final quarter. That was the angriest Hawthorn crowd I've witnessed and dad and I were lower than shark s**t leaving that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back