The worst presenter on SEN- Mark Allen and then the rest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be very surprised if Leach's sycophantic girlish giggle isn't grating on all and sundry. Also his general smarmy smugness will also annoy when he condescends to the callers.

But having said that Francis Leach is a massive improvement on Gaze and Maher
Yes, his giggle is annoying but I'd take him every day of the week over Gaze and Maher.

Got the shits apparently, literally and figuratively I suspect.

The delusional ones who think they are good are always the hardest to performance manage, as they see criticism as unfounded and unfair.

The mere fact that Maher puts his hand up for a frontline media role is delusional on his part. So no doubt performance managing him would be a nightmare. Probably why they are gently easing him out via the shortened midday slot.

Although the fact that Maher has managed to keep a variety of frontline media roles remains one of the modern Australian media's great mysteries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do people rate Harford? For all the (many) faults other SEN radio hosts are labelled with, it can never be said that they are anything other then the genuine article; from Andy Maher to Mark Fine - they are all 'what you see is what you get' type personalities.

Harf is just a cartoon. His fake, forced laugh makes me cringe and I can never take anything he says seriously as he himself doesn't seem to take anything seriously. I don't see the appeal.

I'd like to see Watson and David King team up in the mornings. Their sarcasm is scathing and dry.

But thank god Gaze is gone because all he brought to the table was incessant screaming. And all Maher did was try and bring out the incessant screaming. I stopped listening to them a while back.
Gaze is gone? Great i can tune in again. couldn't stand his fake "gooooooodmorning" jollility and standard lines he applied to every single occasion - esp trying to appear fair minded when clearly out of his depth.

Why do people rate Harford? For all the (many) faults other SEN radio hosts are labelled with, it can never be said that they are anything other then the genuine article; from Andy Maher to Mark Fine - they are all 'what you see is what you get' type personalities.

Harf is just a cartoon. His fake, forced laugh makes me cringe and I can never take anything he says seriously as he himself doesn't seem to take anything seriously. I don't see the appeal.

Agree, opinionless and humourless plus the lack of knowledge that seems to afflict most SEN presenters. You listen to American or even English sports shows and you can clearly tell there's been some research done by staff who then fill in the presenters.

Allen is good at golf but a smug witless clueless dick at everything else. Maher has failed at BTG, morning and soccer on foxtel...Watson made him look half decent.

Gaze has done a Bradbury in that you look and think how the **** am I listening to breakfast radio and this guy somehow gets a microphone every morning. Staggering! He should join the circus.

Ox...now to begin with never liked him but slowly grew on me when he worked with Leach....Leach is a good contrast to Ox. Allen is so bad that he makes Ox sound smart. As long as Ox never ever discusses his deplorable taste in movies again, I'm happy with the morning change.

Harf & Allen????? Holy ****!!!!

SEN seems to go out of it's way to not offend the AFL. They don't have the ratings power of the ABC or AW to stand up to the AFL although AW do seem to kowtow to the AFL a lot.
Maybe it's me but Listening to SEN it's like they always have an injoke or other information(elitism?) they're not prepared to share with the listeners. That must alienate what audience they have I know I rarely listen these days.

Agree, opinionless and humourless plus the lack of knowledge that seems to afflict most SEN presenters. You listen to American or even English sports shows and you can clearly tell there's been some research done by staff who then fill in the presenters.

Allen is good at golf but a smug witless clueless dick at everything else. Maher has failed at BTG, morning and soccer on foxtel...Watson made him look half decent.

Gaze has done a Bradbury in that you look and think how the **** am I listening to breakfast radio and this guy somehow gets a microphone every morning. Staggering! He should join the circus.

Ox...now to begin with never liked him but slowly grew on me when he worked with Leach....Leach is a good contrast to Ox. Allen is so bad that he makes Ox sound smart. As long as Ox never ever discusses his deplorable taste in movies again, I'm happy with the morning change.

Harf & Allen????? Holy ****!!!!

Unlike Maher - Allen and Harf do not pretend to be overly intelligent or knowledgeable. Nor do they speak in an annoyingly nasal voice that makes your ears bleed and amazingly can only alternate between sycophantic or condescending.

Andy Maher is the only person who I've ever listened too where I immediately change the channel or turn the radio off. Silence is far preferable.

From memory KB was the first to jump onboard when sen started. This probably assured him of a gig for as long as he wants to do it. He also brings them more attention then anyone else on the station with his comments and profile.

I like him so it's no problem for me.

Maybe he worked for shares?

From memory KB was the first to jump onboard when sen started. This probably assured him of a gig for as long as he wants to do it. He also brings them more attention then anyone else on the station with his comments and profile.

I like him so it's no problem for me.
KB plays the fool. But he deliberately plays the antagonist fool. So once you get your head around that, then he's actually quite funny to listen to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back