The Worth of Priddis

Remove this Banner Ad

And it's funny that many footy experts are tipping an all Australian spot for him or close

But hey some of those guys have played 300 games who pick that side ..I mean what would they know ?

But of course some guy posting vids on an Internet forum is clearly a better judge than them ....

Maybe that's what I find so darn funny ....that footy experts rate him, opposition coaches rate him, other players rate him , bit no....I have to believe some random poster on the Internet forum big footy because he can post vids ......now that's funny really funny

Think about that ...ask any footy expert in the media or other players or coaches what they think ....with all due respect those guys have played the game at elite level

I'm happy to trust their judgement over some random on the net .......and please don't take that personally

It is what it is ....

So we have a game where he got the highest coaches votes out of all the eagles players - I post a vid with every single involvement he had with the play. You screech and say I know nothing.

To me the footage speaks for itself. You.cant argue with the video evidence.

The fact that you retreat to authority when you feel trapped is most telling.

I've just finished editing the second q and uploading it now - you can bury your head in the sand all you like - but the truth is out there.

Last edited:

I reckon there were a couple of good clearances in that. And his work rate to lead and get the ball is admirable. If no one is running to get the ball then as a team you struggle. The speed defensively is a worry but in theory he should find a clearance mid of equal pace so he can at least cover his direct opponent.

Those kicks getting smothered around the boundary are just a big worry because he looks like a slow player who just isn't smart enough in how to play around it. Obviously he's worried about his kicking as well. What he needs is either a really quick release on his kicks or to find some tricks in how to buy space for himself with a fake or something. That's the concern I think with his kicking. He's not just a bad kick but he's bad at how to dispose of the ball safely by foot when he doesn't have handball options. He looks like a young player where he really should have more composure even if his kicking skills aren't great.

Overall I think it's a slightly better quarter than you credit him for. Better than his 4th.

I reckon there were a couple of good clearances in that. And his work rate to lead and get the ball is admirable. If no one is running to get the ball then as a team you struggle. The speed defensively is a worry but in theory he should find a clearance mid of equal pace so he can at least cover his direct opponent.

Those kicks getting smothered around the boundary are just a big worry because he looks like a slow player who just isn't smart enough in how to play around it. Obviously he's worried about his kicking as well. What he needs is either a really quick release on his kicks or to find some tricks in how to buy space for himself with a fake or something. That's the concern I think with his kicking. He's not just a bad kick but he's bad at how to dispose of the ball safely by foot when he doesn't have handball options. He looks like a young player where he really should have more composure even if his kicking skills aren't great.

Overall I think it's a slightly better quarter than you credit him for. Better than his 4th.

He actually has a very good fake. All left footers usually do because they usually have no right foot so they develop a way to get back to their left, and he uses it. However he has very bad awareness, he cant tell when someone is right on his clacker or closing down his space and he does need an eternity to kick. That combination sees him get smothered a lot.

He actually has a very good fake. All left footers usually do because they usually have no right foot so they develop a way to get back to their left, and he uses it. However he has very bad awareness, he cant tell when someone is right on his clacker or closing down his space and he does need an eternity to kick. That combination sees him get smothered a lot.

10 minutes with the clippers might improve his awareness.

Have we reverted to name calling I.e spud?

Priddis was tagged on the weekend and using some flawed logic like those in this thread, we beat Melbourne at home by less than we did in the first game. Perhaps Roos knew he wouldn't lose by as much, targeting a spud?!?

Have we reverted to name calling I.e spud?

Priddis was tagged on the weekend and using some flawed logic like those in this thread, we beat Melbourne at home by less than we did in the first game. Perhaps Roos knew he wouldn't lose by as much, targeting a spud?!?

You mean the guy who never gets tagged because he is impossible to tag (the longstanding excuse as to why coaches pay him no attention and let his man play off him)

The guy who gets aflca votes so must be a great player - yet when i put up vids of games where hes got the most aflca votes i get accused of cherry picking bad games

Our team will never win a clearance without him - yet the vast majority of the goal scoring clearances are won by other mids

Urban legends - proddis needs his own page on snopes to cope with the waffle prom the pro mediocrity crowd

So we have a game where he got the highest coaches votes out of all the eagles players - I post a vid with every single involvement he had with the play. You screech and say I know nothing.

To me the footage speaks for itself. You.cant argue with the video evidence.

The fact that you retreat to authority when you feel trapped is most telling.

I've just finished editing the second q and uploading it now - you can bury your head in the sand all you like - but the truth is out there.

Good on you

Maybe you can ring an afl club and see if you can be on their video editing team

Because that's so cool you can do that...?

Ok back to priddis

I listen to experts ...sorry you don't quite cut the mustard as an expert .....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on you

Maybe you can ring an afl club and see if you can be on their video editing team

Because that's so cool you can do that...?

Ok back to priddis

I listen to experts ...sorry you don't quite cut the mustard as an expert .....

I love it when people ignore the post and attack the poster - its shows they have got nothing

I love it when people ignore the post and attack the poster - its shows they have got nothing

I have plenty

It's not a competition so maybe it's time you sent that resume into the eagles so good luck with your life

Look forward to the eagles announcing a new video editing coach

I have plenty

It's not a competition so maybe it's time you sent that resume into the eagles so good luck with your life

Look forward to the eagles announcing a new video editing coach

And their newest member of the eagles debating team

News.com.au

Andrew Dolt,

Daves special talent in debating was learned from his idol tony abbot - "as my hero tony always said - when in trouble just yell three word slogans, or if you struggle with three words - think of something like carbon tax" said Dave

"Anyone with above average intelligence will see straight through you - but fifty percent of the population are below average - and you only need to convince fifty percent." He droned. "I have a few two'ers and three'ers lined up for big footy " he honked

How do these rippers sound
"aflca votes"
"Noone else"
"Lose the clearances"
"Honest trier"
"Cant be tagged"

I think daves on a winner

Sorry but only someone that hasn't watched West Coast properly this year or is a complete idiot would put him in the AA side.

Freo supporters can never take the purple goggles off. As if you have "watched West Coast properly" anyway you flog.

Freo supporters can never take the purple goggles off. As if you have "watched West Coast properly" anyway you flog.
lol, the stupidity of this statement is that I'm actually less harsh on the bloke than a lot of your own supporters, check out that massive thread on him on the Eagles' board..

lol, the stupidity of this statement is that I'm actually less harsh on the bloke than a lot of your own supporters, check out that massive thread on him on the Eagles' board..

In fact if anything we could learn a thing or two from the anti-Priddis crowd, their sheer disgust for Priddis leaves any negative sentiment Freo fans may have towards Eagle players in the dust.

In fact if anything we could learn a thing or two from the anti-Priddis crowd, their sheer disgust for Priddis leaves any negative sentiment Freo fans may have towards Eagle players in the dust.

None of us have disgust for priddis - im sure hes a lovely bloke and id love to have himat east perth my wafl team- where he would kill the pig without the added pressure of afl

My anger is towards the selection of a player who is mediocre at afl level, cant dispose of a footy gets heaps of meaningless possessions and cant chase or apply pressure unless the player he is applying it to is flat footed

Theres a difference - my disgust is towards the selectors

That's true, but let's face it the anti-priddis crew are the most negative people on Bigfooty by far. They manage to bring up and badmouth Priddis in threads where he isn't even relevant. Doesn't mean your own statements don't contain anti-eagles bias.

That's true, but let's face it the anti-priddis crew are the most negative people on Bigfooty by far[citation needed]. They manage to bring up and badmouth Priddis in threads where he isn't even relevant[citation needed]. Doesn't mean your own statements don't contain anti-eagles bias.

FTFY

I'm more pissed at the club for having such poor standards. As Clarkson said to a future draftee, if you can't kick you can't play footy. Full stop. Especially nowadays when the game is so dynamic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back