The X Files Reboot

Remove this Banner Ad

"Mulder, the internet is not good for you."

That was awesome haha, one of their funniest they ever made. They made the right casting choice having Rhys Darby. It's great to have these type of episodes to take the edge of the drama, action and suspense of the other episodes.

Also, I caught Studio 10 yesterday and Dean Haglund (who played Langly) was one of the panelists, he said that the Lone Gunmen will be returning in episode 5, "Babylon," so we have that to look forward to as well. :D

Fairly sure Byers died so unless that death has been retconned, they might be a man down.

Been enjoying them immensely so far. Takes me back 20 years. Was giggling like a prepubescent schoolgirl watching the third episode.

tumblr_o1wby9X4A61qc7yw7o2_r1_250.gif
* me. Arguably the reason why I moved on from liking brunettes and Audrey Horne to Dana and redheads. Should be an avatar, but it would be removed.

Loved his ringtone and this episode.

Loved his ringtone and this episode.

That was a brilliant episode. Retro as phuq. Love the way they used the lizards observations of humans to get their point across. They nailed the experiences of a psychiatric labelled individual. Nailed the witch doctor reference. Because that is exactly what psychiatry is.

Loved the start how they reversed roles. Scully and Hans solo have alot in common,they both find out as they get older, its all phuqing true.

The dry sarcasm had me laughing all hour.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed episode 1 and 2, but number 3 was the best thing I've seen on TV in a long time. It was just a fun, enjoyable hour of television. Can't wait for the next ep.

Dont bother with the "FLEET" version of episode 4 It has serious audio issues at the start. like background audio only.

2HD have done a propper. Just another f**k up by Fleet, they used to be Immerse until sites started banning the releases because of all the issues with them.

Another good episode IMO. I do feel like they are laboring somewhat with balancing the character-centric elements and weekly stories. Essentially, if that's the focus (e.g. William) then we're about to hit ep 5 and nothing has really happened, but if it's not then I feel it's been given too much of a presence. It is easily my biggest gripe with the miniseries followed by the painstaking and obtrusive references to modernity. Yes, we know it's 2016 :rolleyes:

Overall, I'm still loving that Mulder and Scully are at it again :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't like ep 4 as much as the others, keen for them to get back into the mythology eps.

As am I (despite enjoying ep 4 a lot). There's still one more monster-of-the-week episode to go before we get back into the mythology, but also the final episode :(

Sorry, I worded that poorly. Yes, six eps. Ep 5 is a moster of the week episode and then ep 6 will be mythology based to wind up.

Oh right, gotcha. Oh well, would have liked 2 MotW (as good as they can be) and 4 mythos eps rather than a 3-3 split. 3 episodes is nowhere near enough time to advance the core story. But hey, guess I should just be thankful its back on TV.

Very interesting. Looks like it is genuinely happening.

Early days I know, but is the idea to just make more episodes? ie, continue where they left off from the series/movies?

A reboot would suggest going back and starting again.
WHAT WAS LAST WEEKS NEW EPISODE ABOUT???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

WHAT WAS LAST WEEKS NEW EPISODE ABOUT???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I don't know. I haven't progressed that far yet.

Although from reading your post, I have no idea if you're making a statement, asking a question or just yelling for no reason.

I don't know. I haven't progressed that far yet.

Although from reading your post, I have no idea if you're making a statement, asking a question or just yelling for no reason.

Just totally baffled. Mulder and Scully are sending it up at a 1000 miles an hour I think.Last Sundays was rather funny, but they did that sometimes if I remember?

I never really got into X Files when it was on years ago (and I love sci fi) and watching this I remembered why. The moroseness of the two lead characters always makes me think of the send ups of X Files they used to do on Fast Forward. I liked the movies better.
It was different last week, let me tell you.

Got a bit bored watching "Home Again", to be honest. Anderson's acting of her character's mother's death scene was fantastic, but apart from that, it was a bit 'meh'. I thought the ending wasn't particularly well structured either.

I think the showrunners made the right choice steering clear of the mythology of the X-Files and focusing on the "monster of the week" stories for at least half of the six episodes. I lost a lot of interest in The X-Files towards the end of the original series because (a) Duchovny left and (b) the stories were tying themselves in knots more and more with the concentration on the conspiracy against an unsuspecting humanity.

Even the first episode of the new season was the least enjoyable of the six to date.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back