Premiership Player
May 10, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Lakers
A Geelong supporter?

Footscore and I have had many run ins.
But he has really grown a new leg. Research.

I agree with both sides.
I want Rivers in, and I want Brown retained.

But the fact you couldn't acknowledge his effort in putting together the vids was pretty poor.

You could have said "kudos for going to that effort"
But nup, it had to be the slander of 'princess'

Do us a favour, grow up and help make the forum richer.
Do you hand out forum etiquette to everyone?

Cheers for the tip but how bout you just do your thing and I'll do mine...
:)

Hood007

Premiership Player
May 10, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Lakers
Just to kids.
They take time
Thanks pops. I look forward to the nuggets of wisdom you'll be sending my way...
How long do you think it'll take me to get to your grand level?
Seeing as I have so much to learn I'm curious as to whether I should
a) learn how to make youtube videos
b) learn how to value a business properly
Cheers.

footscore

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 1, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
I agree with both sides.
I want Rivers in, and I want Brown retained.

Thanks vinum :)

Unfortunately, I do acknowledge that I am again responsible for de-railing the thread due to my persistent and know-all nature.
I do respect others opinions and do take it in (eventually) but sometimes it can get a little off putting when your trying to express something and it just doesn't come out the way it's intended and you end up getting 2 or 3 posters jumping in and suddenly there's multiple arguments on various subjects flying all around the place as has been the case on the last 2 pages.

Mitch has been a much debated player on this website, do feel for him and sure hope he's never read any of these internet forums but time is running out and he's know that better than anyone else.

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
so from rounds 3-5 when Rivers was playing....Taylor booted 9.5, when Rivers went down because of injury, Taylor did not hit the scoreboard again until round 19 when he booted 1 but funnily enough, Rivers returns round 20 and Taylor boots 3 & contributes to 2 other goals.

Interesting you say that in light of this comment of yours...

no it doesn't, you have tried to twist everything to suit your argument all day long and again, you mention that Taylor was kicking goals last year as well, isn't that because we had Scarlett?

Rivers didn't play in Round 3. If anyone is twisting anything it's you. He didn't play and Taylor still kicked 2 goals. Neither was Brown, so just maybe Taylor is capable of pushing forward and kicking goals regardless (much like Mackie). It's also worth pointing out that while Rivers did play in Round 5 and Taylor did kick 5 goals, a guy called Tom Hawkins did not play and Taylor played as a key forward. Big difference to pushing forward from the backline.

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
Thanks pops. I look forward to the nuggets of wisdom you'll be sending my way...
How long do you think it'll take me to get to your grand level?
Seeing as I have so much to learn I'm curious as to whether I should
a) learn how to make youtube videos
b) learn how to value a business properly
Cheers.

I'd love to learn how to make youtube videos if I can find the time. FS's efforts are fantastic at demolishing myths that can rapidly grow out of a player's perceived performance. Our own memories should rarely be relied upon either of course.

Hood007

Premiership Player
May 10, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Lakers
I'd love to learn how to make youtube videos if I can find the time. FS's efforts are fantastic at demolishing myths that can rapidly grow out of a player's perceived performance. Our own memories should rarely be relied upon either of course.
That's the key right there. I struggle to find time to post in here let alone make youtube videos.
It is true though, things do get lost as time goes by.
But the vids can also be selectively edited to suit people's arguments.
Although in footscore's case I don't think the Rivers/Brown video's did anything to prove whatever point he was trying to make...

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
That's the key right there. I struggle to find time to post in here let alone make youtube videos.
It is true though, things do get lost as time goes by.
But the vids can also be selectively edited to suit people's arguments.
Although in footscore's case I don't think the Rivers/Brown video's did anything to prove whatever point he was trying to make...

The previous ones regarding Brown to me have all shown he has been nowhere near as bad as some have made out. Both in the North game in Round 2 and the Port game in Adelaide. I haven't looked at the recent ones so won't comment yet. I remember Brown being pretty solid against St.Kilda but you never know.

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
wonderful Partridge, so you make the assumption I put together highlights in order to extinguish a players 'perceived' performance and yet, you haven't seen the video I posted?

You know damn well that I have not favored anyone in those videos, I know how to do that as well but your right off the mark if you think I went out of my way in order to make Brown's performance look worse than it was.
If you had of bothered to watch the video, you would have noticed Rivers made more skill errors than what Brown did.

And again, watch the damn games on the AFL website! (they are all there for everyone)
Whenever Rivers has played, Taylor & Mackie have suddenly become more productive offensively, anything you say in order to dispute that is only indicating your need to try and refute anything I post on this subject.

Unlike yourself, I'll ask politely. Where do you get that from? How do you draw those conclusions? Where did I ever say you tried to make Brown look bad?

Read every post I've ever made relating to your videos. Every single one is complimentary. What I said there is correct - we as fans have opinions on a player's performance after a game (quite often negative) and your videos normally show pretty conclusively that the player wasn't as bad as we thought.

You go off on a 3 paragraph rant because you don't like a compliment? Don't worry, you won't be getting any more.

footscore

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 1, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
well seems as though Rivers did indeed take Pyke for long periods of the game today.

Mackie got to play the attacking sweeper off the back flank which he excels at.

Hood007

Premiership Player
May 10, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Lakers
well seems as though Rivers did indeed take Pyke for long periods of the game today.

Mackie got to play the attacking sweeper off the back flank which he excels at.
I woulda thought Taylor on Tippett and Lonergan on White meant he had to..?

Try and keep the discussion respectful thanks, everyone.

Back on the topic, I think poor Cowan has got injured again at the wrong time.

One of him or Schroder (maybe Schroder if he inherits the curse of the vfl b n f) will probably go at year's end, and it's a 50-50 call which one.

I agree with vinum coupe and footscore about rating Brown.
But as supporters we've got to differentiate between what we want to happen and what is likely to happen. And it's pretty hard not to see the writing on the wall and see that Brown probably won't be here next year.

Lana

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
GWS
As much as I like Eardly and shocked that they chose to keep sherringham for a third year over him, I think it reflects their confidence in Bews, who i thought was solid in the first two vfl finals. I would say it's quite certain that he will debut next year.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
As much as I like Eardly and shocked that they chose to keep sherringham for a third year over him, I think it reflects their confidence in Bews, who i thought was solid in the first two vfl finals. I would say it's quite certain that he will debut next year.

I would think that they see Sheringham's age disadvantage vis a vis Eardley as being outweighed by his clear and marked advantage in skill, ability and proven versatility.

Lana

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
GWS
Its good the be versatile, but i think sheringham has a low ceiling and is unlikely to get much better if at all. With most player taken later in the draft and rookies, they tend to get picked up an a few special traits, with a hope that the will develop a well rounded game around that. Eardy had an amazing attack on the ball, I really don't see Sheringham's upside, the attribute that makes him stand out. He is a case example of jack of all trades master of none.

TheJimmyCartel

Club Legend
Jan 21, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Spurs
Bump.
I see I went with Simpson and Menzel and I'm still a better chance of being right than I would like.:(
Nice bump :)

Sheringham was my number one and listed the following - Blicavs, Bathie, Brown, Schroeder, Burbury, Cowan. Not looking bad except for Blitz! Was hard to see that coming though.

Whit3y

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sheff Wed
handy bump

i like looking back at these old posts.

if 2013 was a make or break year for some players, what was 2014?, cowan in particular

surely his time is up

Back