Thierry Henry Circle Jerk

Remove this Banner Ad

Henry spent 7 years of his career in England. Shearer played his entire career playing in England. Henry's record for seven years is pretty great.

The only thing Sherarer had over Henry was being a better header of the ball and a better finisher. Henry had him covered everywhere else.

I like his performance at the 98 World Cup as a 20 year old scoring a brace in the group stages + converting the pen in a shootout against Italy in the quarter final. Wasn't a hero for France like Zidane or Platini or like he was at Arsenal.

He was Arsenal's best ever player and they shouldn't have sold him. That was a disgrace

I like his performance at the 98 World Cup as a 20 year old scoring a brace in the group stages + converting the pen in a shootout against Italy in the quarter final. Wasn't a hero for France like Zidane or Platini or like he was at Arsenal.

He was Arsenal's best ever player and they shouldn't have sold him. That was a disgrace
He wanted to leave.

He wanted the new challenge of Barca.

To this day, I wonder if he regrets leaving. He was good at Barca, but regularly played out of position, and simply wasn't as effective.

If it ain't broke....

And a payrise.

Would have thought making Arsenal the first London club to win a UCL could have been a huge challenge for him.

Problem was that team wasn't going to win the CL.

That 2006 run was every star aligning at the right time. Henry had 2-3 chances to finish the final off even when we were 1-0 up with 10 men.

2006-07 he was injured for most of the season and we finished 21points behind United and knocked out in the round of 16 by the mighty PSV.

He joined the best team in the world at the peak of their game to win the CL, which he did

. I cant hate him for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RVN v Henry. Who wins?
See i rate RVN more but im also a United fan so i might be biased but that 1st season he was with us i have never seen a striker have a 1st season like that.
Never seen a better finisher in the box either, him and Fowler are the top 2.
Henry was around longer and def had the better career in the EPL but RVN is extremely under rated for what he did considering the 2 major knee injuries

RvN better in the box/finisher. Henry was better at everything else.

If I wanted someone to score a goal if my life depended on it, I would take van Nistelrooy.
In the end that period of the EPL when we had RVN and you had Henry was sensational. Both superstar strikers who scored for fun.

I didn't know it was his decision. It was a poor decision by him then. He was Arsenal's best ever player, it was the place that made him a hero.

David Dein's departure was the beginning of the end for Henry and Arsenal. He was aware of the direction we were heading with the stadium project etc.

I can't fault him for making his decision. He's always been a winner and wanted to continue that way.

David Dein's departure was the beginning of the end for Henry and Arsenal. He was aware of the direction we were heading with the stadium project etc.

I can't fault him for making his decision. He's always been a winner and wanted to continue that way.
Post of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back