Thierry Henry Circle Jerk

Remove this Banner Ad

IIRC they managed to win the title away at WHL one season. That would have been especially painful for the WHL faithful :)
That was the 2003/2004 year. A Spurs player was celebrating because they got a draw not realising that Arsenal won the league. Previous time we won the league was at Old Trafford.

Agree with sentiments here - absolute superstar player - and as a United fan it used to s**t me how often he seemed to bail Arsenal out and get them points pretty much off his own boot.

The RVN-Henry era in the EPL was a great time to be a fan.

If Henry had played the number of games Shearer had, he would have gone past him.

Possibly, though you could probably suggest if Shearer hadn't rejected Man Utd twice and joined them , he most likely would have scored more too. :D

Anyway, I'll pay tribute to the great man here. Still remember this free kick. We were hanging on for dear life, defending a slender 1-0 lead with 70mins played away from home. Then Henry did this.

Think it ended up a 1-1 draw but Henry almost poached a winner at the death.

At the height of his powers, there was no player I feared more in the PL. Could somehow make the impossible, possible with his freakish talents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit late to the party but he is my idol and this is really the end of an era for me. I am now in my post Henry football watching life.

Legend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back