Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest, what sporting cities do you have above Melbourne?

Probably London.

- Hosted 3 Olympics (only city in the world)

- Hosted FIFA World Cup Final (with England winning)

- Home of 3 of the worlds biggest football clubs (Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham), another 3 in the Premier League and countless others down the divisions (all with their own stadium)

- home of the FA Cup Final, the worlds oldest competition

- home of cricket (Lords)

- host of first ever ICC World Cup final

- home of Wimbledon

- dare say it will be the home of the first international NFL club

- Twickenham, home of rugby

There'd be shiteloads of others that don't come to mind.

- dare say it will be the home of the first international NFL club
Look, if the game goes international, then London is definitely the first base.

I don't think it will happen though.

I did a tour of Camp Nou when I was in Barcelona.

If they aren't the biggest club in the world they wouldn't be far of it, would've loved to have gone to a Barca game.
Yeah I did that too, phenomenal.

Manchester United are, then Real Madrid.

9c0.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got nothing to do with the club I support, but I would not call Spurs a big club personally.

If Spurs were a big club they would've kept Gareth Bale.

Chelsea were a similar sized club to Spurs before Abramovich turned them into a mega rich super club that could basically buy whatever players and coaches they wanted.

Chelsea were a similar sized club to Spurs before Abramovich turned them into a mega rich super club that could basically buy whatever players and coaches they wanted.
He was one of the first of the so-rich-I-can-by-a-football-club types. I remember Taksin Shinawatra owned Manchester City for a while, which always struck me as odd.

I know.

Your first statement is stupid though.

Got nothing to do with the club I support, but I would not call Spurs a big club personally.

Haha... I reckon it's got everything to do with the club you support.

I'm not saying they're on the same level as Chelsea etc. But they're a big club all in all - in fact I think they're closer to Arsenal than Arsenal are to Chelsea.

I think most people views are seen through the prism of the old "Big 4" thing. Personally think that's a thing of the past. In England now there's a big 3 then a gap - Man U, City and Chelsea.

Haha... I reckon it's got everything to do with the club you support.

I'm not saying they're on the same level as Chelsea etc. But they're a big club all in all - in fact I think they're closer to Arsenal than Arsenal are to Chelsea.

I think most people views are seen through the prism of the old "Big 4" thing. Personally think that's a thing of the past. In England now there's a big 3 then a gap - Man U, City and Chelsea.
Have you seen the table? I'll give you a hint one of those teams isn't in the top three, and it's not City or Chelsea.

And Liverpool are arguably the second biggest club in England.

You should probably stop talking before you look even more clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back