Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean the mum/dad in the front passenger seat?
No. There's always gonna be someone in the driver seat so it makes more sense to have the child on the back passenger side. If the baby drops it's toy or what every you can easily reach back to pick it up. A lot harder if directly behind you. There's not always someone in the passenger seat so it just makes sense

I just saw someone driving a Nissan Maxima.

That's not the unusual bit- the custom number plate was what caught my attention.

'MH370'.

I'd have to add this to the list of things I don't understand...why? What subliminal message is this person trying to convey about themselves?

I just saw someone driving a Nissan Maxima.

That's not the unusual bit- the custom number plate was what caught my attention.

'MH370'.

I'd have to add this to the list of things I don't understand...why? What subliminal message is this person trying to convey about themselves?
Plane transmogrified into a car. Congrats Doss you've just solved the mystery, someone ring Tony Abbott.

Plane transmogrified into a car. Congrats Doss you've just solved the mystery, someone ring Tony Abbott.
It's been in Hawthorn all this time!

Or maybe they had if before the accident.
Possible, yes. What are the chances?

My grandfather's birthday is September 11. He always remarks that up until 65 (he was born in 1935) it was as unremarkable a date as any other, that on 66 people were too captivated to pass on birthday wishes, and that since then, he always gets looks whenever he states his birthdate.

Funny how people focus on such ultimately meaningless coincidences like that.

Why I've all of a sudden got a slow computer.

It was running as per normal earlier in the week and now, even though I've deleted some s**t to free up (some unnecessary Excel document among the deletion) some space, is not quite grinding to a halt but is slow, has all of a sudden turned on me.

I can access pages online in the usual speed but I find trying to type online a lot slower than what I would on Excel and Notepad.

I also see some of your GIF DP's a lot slower than I usually would.

http://www.downloadmoreram.com/

I thought it was common to put kids in booster seats in the middle of the back seat rather than on the driver/passenger side. Gives you the best visibility via the rear vision mirror. You just have the potential that if you hit the anchors the kid might go flying through the windscreen. Anyway I don't have kids, I've just seen others with the kid in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was common to put kids in booster seats in the middle of the back seat rather than on the driver/passenger side. Gives you the best visibility via the rear vision mirror. You just have the potential that if you hit the anchors the kid might go flying through the windscreen. Anyway I don't have kids, I've just seen others with the kid in the middle.

My son is in the middle at the moment. I think they are supposed to be moved to the side when they are booster seat age (around 4). If you have 2 kids you have no choice to use the sides.

Fools who call for conscription/national service/all the young need is a good dose of the army. Don't these people realise that by turning on the very young who feel disconnected diseffected and perhaps screwed over by policies of the older brigade and turning into an elite army unit may not be such a good idea?

Could be the fighting turns inwards if these same people feel disconnected and removed from society and wake up to the fact they have no interest in fighting some useless war. Than you have a truly screwed society. Sort of happened in the US on a lesser scale. (No they don't have conscription but no gov support means the army basically instead of the dole. Also arm them to the teeth and things have already gone downstream.).

i'm fairly certain they sell them at woolies

Oh I gather from this bit in the link Cleavy put up " Bertie Beetles — Discontinued in 1970, only sold in showbags now and available on special occasions." that they didn't.
Must look harder next time I'm in Woolies.Unless the "occasions" refers to things like Easter,Halloween & Christmas and maybe they release bags of them in stores.

Oh I gather from this bit in the link Cleavy put up " Bertie Beetles — Discontinued in 1970, only sold in showbags now and available on special occasions." that they didn't.
Must look harder next time I'm in Woolies.Unless the "occasions" refers to things like Easter,Halloween & Christmas and maybe they release bags of them in stores.

i think you may be right about the 2nd part.
nevertheless i will go to woolies today and report back with my findings.

Fools who call for conscription/national service/all the young need is a good dose of the army. Don't these people realise that by turning on the very young who feel disconnected diseffected and perhaps screwed over by policies of the older brigade and turning into an elite army unit may not be such a good idea?

Could be the fighting turns inwards if these same people feel disconnected and removed from society and wake up to the fact they have no interest in fighting some useless war. Than you have a truly screwed society. Sort of happened in the US on a lesser scale. (No they don't have conscription but no gov support means the army basically instead of the dole. Also arm them to the teeth and things have already gone downstream.).

Is that actually still a thing? I thought all the pro-conscription fools died out? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back