Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ice bucket challenge.

i read somewhere on the internet that you pour ice cold water on yourself OR donate money.

so no one's donating?

i stand to be corrected
It's either donate 100 dollars if you don't do the challenge.

Or send the 10 dollars and do the ice bucket challenge.

People are stupid and actually think the celebrities are only donating 10 dollars.

No you ******* idiot, the whole point of doing the challenge in the first place, and challenging other people to do it, is to spread awareness about ALS.

And it's not like they're going to just donate 10 dollars when they do it lol.

It's either donate 100 dollars if you don't do the challenge.

Or send the 10 dollars and do the ice bucket challenge.

People are stupid and actually think the celebrities are only donating 10 dollars.

No you ******* idiot, the whole point of doing the challenge in the first place, and challenging other people to do it, is to spread awareness about ALS.

And it's not like they're going to just donate 10 dollars when they do it lol.
Charlie Sheen poured 10k over his head in cash and donated that.

It's raising awareness of MND which in itself is important. A mate of my old man's died of it twenty odd years ago, his started the same was as it seems to have done with Neale Daniher in that his speech was the first to be affected meaning that he sounded a bit pissed all the time. It's a s**t of a diseases and if tipping a bucket of ice water over yourself means that awareness and hopefully a bit of coin is raised I don't see any harm, only good coming from this.

53537990.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stevo from Jackass said 15 million on his facebook page, but not sure if all countries are doing it for the same thing.
Yeah, saw a vid last night that said the ALS organization have already raised 13.3 mil

I hope they collected cash from the other players to donate. Awareness is a crock of s**t. Awareness disappears in 2 weeks when the next passenger jet is shot down by drunk Russians over the Caspian Sea.

i somewhat agree with that. celebs are doing it mostly IMO for attention.

question, if there was no tipping of iced water on self, would people donate?

i somewhat agree with that. celebs are doing it mostly IMO for attention.

question, if there was no tipping of iced water on self, would people donate?

Probably not. It's the whole "look at me I'M FULL ON MAD!!!" element of this day and age. Oh, and just like the planking s**t, there's already a few people dead from it. Collateral damage?

Probably not. It's the whole "look at me I'M FULL ON MAD!!!" element of this day and age. Oh, and just like the planking s**t, there's already a few people dead from it. Collateral damage?

i agree with what you say, and add that celebs almost feel compelled to do this in order to keep up with the competition. if they don't participate, they will lose fans which will hurt financially.

at least through photos and video they can prove that they have done it. donation to charity however is harder to prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back