Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might have to suss out anti-scalping laws first I reckon. Couldn't do it too often (ethically I suppose).

There's laws against privately selling goods that you own? Why?

If people choose to pay more than retail value, that's their problem, isn't it?

When you think about it, anti-scalping laws are pretty vague and surely hard to police.

If I can buy a product and then sell it in 10 years when it's value appreciates, why can't i do the same with tickets to sporting events and gigs?

Should be pointed out that scalpers do piss me off immensely.

weakBat3.JPG
mcd1.jpg

those guys on deviantart making sexy girls look jacked tall or big butts. Among other things. How the * people get off on this s**t is a mystery.

Shell

You're the America expert here due to your ongoing experiences.

Does this actually happen? Is this harrassment? Does this even happen in Australia?

Shell

Does this actually happen? Is this harrassment? Does this even happen in Australia?

Damn some of the comments on this video are so bad. Not every guy was a creppy arsehole. This woman is basically saying any guy who compliments you is a creep.

Damn some of the comments on this video are so bad. Not every guy was a creppy arsehole. This woman is basically saying any guy who compliments you is a creep.

Pretty sure most of them weren't just saying a friendly hello for no reason. If it was a man or an old woman they would have ignored them. It would be frustrating. I hate just walking down the street and getting the odd salesman trying to strike up conversation!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shell

American guys are definitely way more confident than Aussie ones, just in general imo. When I was there in 2001/03, I was getting hit on in clubs left, right and centre -nothing scary, I did like the attention dw about that-. Some of those guys in that video were creepy, lmao wtf was that one who just walked beside her all that time, but most were being friendly imho.

Which is another term I would use to describe Americans in general as well- friendly!!! In San Fran, everyone says hello to each other in the street, being from Melbourne I had NFI how to take that!!! We're all such bastards here. :D

Also if you don't want to be talked to or be approached, just listen to music.

I know in a perfect world, you shouldn't have to do this, but it does work. Altho some guys will even try to break that "ipod barrier". Omg, you do that, fecking watch out bitch, I will pound you. (I really hate being interrupted when listening to my ipod)

Happens all the time. Not even just to women. I'd get weirdos start-up conversations regularly if I was just walking around. Make a comment on something I'm wearing, or whatever. There was a dude in my old neighbourhood who just used to high-5 people on the street walking the other way. Things like that are a really nice touch and actually create a tangible 'culture' in a city. Here in Australia, people think culture is some nice houses and some trendy university students.

I think it's pretty lame that she's shaming these people, one great thing about NYC was how open everyone was. I'd hate to see it turn into another bland Melbourne/Sydney type city where everyone keeps their heads down and their mouths shut. I don't think anyone in that video was either threatening nor intended any malice. And the fact is, she walked around for 10 hours and managed to fill up a grand total of ... 2 minutes.

"Hey look over there... I just saw a thousand dollars". I did laugh at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back