Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
I don't care for either of their music so I have no horse in this race.

Mariah Carey cames across as a real cow.

Katy Perry comes across as pretty cool and loose. Likes a good time.

I could be completely wrong but that is the perception to me.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
This weird demonisation of smokers. I am not a smoker myself yet if someone lights up well sure it is health damaging but their choice, legal product after all which is taxed etc. What I don't get is how smokers are targeted as having some major failing yet it if someone takes a narcotic made by some biker in a back shed in the bush with f8&) knows what in it that is seen as a right of passage.......and hey drugs should be legal anyway. Weird double standard.

BALKAN

Cancelled
Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Aug 23, 2013
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
This weird demonisation of smokers. I am not a smoker myself yet if someone lights up well sure it is health damaging but their choice, legal product after all which is taxed etc. What I don't get is how smokers are targeted as having some major failing yet it if someone takes a narcotic made by some biker in a back shed in the bush with f8&) knows what in it that is seen as a right of passage.......and hey drugs should be legal anyway. Weird double standard.

I don't think people personally care if other people smoke, as long as it's away from them. It's just that for a long time you could smoke anywhere, and smoking stinks like s**t and passive smoking is also bad for your health. It isn't so much 'stop smoking' as it is 'get that s**t away from me'

The Scales

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2014
The Moral High Ground
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't quite understand if there is a benefit to Australia for sort of being under a monarchy. If that is the case.
We are a Constitutional Oligarchy. "A Constitutional oligarchy is a form of government in which government power is exercised on behalf of multiple sovereigns. A sovereign, or the representative thereof - ie, a governor general, a sovereign lieutenant, or an elected representative - exercises ceremonial powers in combination with other co-equal sovereigns. Together, the sovereign representatives would also wield reserve powers to dissolve the government at the request of the legislature or parliament (a vote of no-confidence) or in dire circumstances. A constitutional oligarchy would probably integrate the British (canadian) monarch as one of the sovereigns and allow recognizing regions to be joined into the British Commonwealth.'' http://cascadia.wikia.com/wiki/Constitutional_oligarchy.

I fail to see a benefit for Australia under these provisos, all the advantage is to the monarch of the day.

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah I heard in Rome, cat calling is like the way you pick up so it's pretty prevalent there.

I'm pretty surprised that these things are common in other countries, considering I've honestly never seen anyone cat call someone here in Australia.
Buenos Aries was the one that surprised me. I sort of expected it to be more open in that regard than here, but even so the amount the women there have to put with is pretty shocking coming from an Australian background.

To be fair to the men though, BA has the highest concentration of hotties per square kilometre on the planet.

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There is nothing worse than refrigerated chocolate.

Its not supposed to snap and be chewed.

It should be soft and melt in your mouth like liquid heaven.
I don't have air-con. So any chocolate I buy in the next few months gets eaten straight away or refrigerated. Otherwise I end up unwrapping a gooey, in January molten, mess.

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jewish people. I don't even know if they exist in Tasmania.
There are synagogues in both Hobart Launceston (one in each I think - and apparently the two oldest non-Christan place of worship in Australia), so I assume there are a few. But I don't ever recall seeing any of the conservative Jewish garb in the time I lived there.

Engimal

Cancelled
10k Posts North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor Pantskyle Minecraft Shiny Penny Ruby
Apr 27, 2010
Tasmania
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There are synagogues in both Hobart Launceston (one in each I think - and apparently the two oldest non-Christan place of worship in Australia), so I assume there are a few. But I don't ever recall seeing any of the conservative Jewish garb in the time I lived there.

I've yet to meet a Jewish person, I believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 7, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't understand why you have to wait for other people's meals to come out before you start eating yours. Why should your meal get cold just because it was the first brought out?

Nothing worse than a table full of adults sitting politely in front of their untouched meals like trained lapdogs, because there's one or two people at the table still waiting for theirs.

For the love of God, if you're still waiting for your meal, tell the other people at the table they can start theirs.
I think..... and someone correct me if I'm wrong.

But in the ancient official book of manners if there are 7 or more at a table you shouldn't wait. It is rude for the person served 1st is forced to eat cold food while he/she who is served last can enjoy the benfits. A sort of polite society way to avoid dinner time troll faces.

"Ha...... Reginald, thine banquet arrived first. Yet ye hadst to wait gazing upon thine hot crispy porcine crackling whilst it cooled and became tough to the tooth. Whilst, I, whom was served up my bounty last, shall enjoy my repast hot and mine crackling, crisp and with a crunch on the tooth. For shame"

Aug 5, 2004
FAR WEST SYDNEY
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sturt, West Perth
I think..... and someone correct me if I'm wrong.

But in the ancient official book of manners if there are 7 or more at a table you shouldn't wait. It is rude for the person served 1st is forced to eat cold food while he/she who is served last can enjoy the benfits. A sort of polite society way to avoid dinner time troll faces.

"Ha...... Reginald, thine banquet arrived first. Yet ye hadst to wait gazing upon thine hot crispy porcine crackling whilst it cooled and became tough to the tooth. Whilst, I, whom was served up my bounty last, shall enjoy my repast hot and mine crackling, crisp and with a crunch on the tooth. For shame"

I'm having pork belly for lunch now.

Aug 5, 2004
FAR WEST SYDNEY
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sturt, West Perth
I don't think people personally care if other people smoke, as long as it's away from them. It's just that for a long time you could smoke anywhere, and smoking stinks like s**t and passive smoking is also bad for your health. It isn't so much 'stop smoking' as it is 'get that s**t away from me'

* smokers, inconsiderate bastards. Keep your filthy habit to yourselves. I love how they're ostracised in public now. It's how it should be.

**** smokers, inconsiderate bastards. Keep your filthy habit to yourselves. I love how they're ostracised in public now. It's how it should be.
Swine!! If I wasn't so short of breath I'd thrash you. I don't understand all the Indian expats traveling from all over the place to see Modi. I wouldn't cross the street to see one of our politicians.

katana

Club Legend
Jul 12, 2013
Northcote
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
It isn't so much 'stop smoking' as it is 'get that s**t away from me'

like there's a difference...

**** smokers, inconsiderate bastards. Keep your filthy habit to yourselves. I love how they're ostracised in public now. It's how it should be.

why's it a filthy habit anyway? how does alcohol get this free pass in society where nobody ever seems to really mention that when people go out for a few beers they are poisoning themselves? but every time if i feel like a dart it's like the worst thing that's ever happened.

and why is there no one standing up out there for SMOKER'S RIGHTS??? it's like all the smokers are just copping it in the arse from the GOVERNMENT. corrupt ******* society won't even let me have a jasper after 12 hours of work, * y'all.

why's it a filthy habit anyway? how does alcohol get this free pass in society where nobody ever seems to really mention that when people go out for a few beers they are poisoning themselves? but every time if i feel like a dart it's like the worst thing that's ever happened.

and why is there no one standing up out there for SMOKER'S RIGHTS??? it's like all the smokers are just copping it in the arse from the GOVERNMENT. corrupt ******* society won't even let me have a jasper after 12 hours of work, **** y'all.

Well you won't get drunk from me drinking alcohol but I may get cancer from your second hand smoke.

There's very few non smokers that can appreciate it.

Aug 5, 2004
FAR WEST SYDNEY
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sturt, West Perth

and why is there no one standing up out there for SMOKER'S RIGHTS??? it's like all the smokers are just copping it in the arse from the GOVERNMENT. corrupt ******* society won't even let me have a jasper after 12 hours of work, **** y'all.

It's filthy to be around, nothing worse than copping a faceful of second hand smoke.

Almost hypocritical of me, considering my past love of 'hot ones' but I certainly kept that to myself, not in the faces of every other person.

Be gone with y'all!

katana

Club Legend
Jul 12, 2013
Northcote
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Well you won't get drunk from me drinking alcohol but I may get cancer from your second hand smoke.
haahah yeah right.

probably more likely to get smacked in the face by some drunk buffoon.

cancer from second hand smoke fmd.

i'm getting more second hand smoke from your car. carbon monoxide str8 to the dome. ban cars and ostracise drivers... it's time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back