Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stand the "rules are rules" argument as I can't stand any argument that paints the world in black & white.

The question should be: is justice really being served?

I'm not sure putting a bullet in the head of those 2 men is really justice.

I don't understand what these dickwads think Tony Abbott can do about it

What a bunch of idiots? What do they think Abbott can do that he hasn't already done? :confused: Would they still have made this video if we currently had a Labor government? I doubt it. Nothing other than a cheapshot. Pretty disgusting to politicise something as serious as this.

I don't understand why Australians are defending drug smugglers.

I don't believe they are defending drug smugglers - if they were they would be advocating for their release and they are not. I don't think anyone deserves to be executed and imo its political grandstanding because it's predominately foreigners that are being executed and if he was serious about it then this guy would be standing alongside them tonight

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-pair-prepare-brutal-death-firing-squad.html

Not just that - people who live here in general and bang on about how much they hate Australia.

If they don't like it nobody is forcing them to stay.
Is the real patriot the one who has the jingoistic "we're great" attitude, or the one who points out the perceived failings and wants things made better?

Few really hate Australia (and some are forced to stay here because they have no rights to live elsewhere). Many hate, or at least disapporve of, aspects of Australia - and of any other country.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You go to a country and break their laws, you get what they give.

Why is that so hard to understand? Do you walk into someone else's house, steal their yoghurt, get caught and try to tell them they have no right to have you arrested for trespassing?

Just want to point out there is also laws which should have prevented them being executed murdered. Why is it okay to select which ones to follow then?

No it's not.

"My home. My rules."

Indonesia's home. Their rules. Suck it up, princess.

There is a difference between someones domestic home and a country

A country has a responsibility to a large variety of citizens and non citizens, a home doesn't. A home doesn't have laws, it has rules. The laws of a home are dictated by the laws of the country.

A country must act justly in accordance with human rights, as must a home. You would not be excused for killing somebody in your home for eating your yoghurt, and a country also cant be excused for killing rehabilitated men.

Indonesia have declared that their justice system does not care for rehabilitation and is for punishment and retribution only, where does that put them in comparison to first, second and third world countries? Its a very dark stance to have that doesn't belong in modern day

Thing I dont understand is that 10000 people have died in Napal, including Australians but I turn on the news and its all about the execution of 2 criminals. The government would have spent a lot of money trying to get them off, but have only given $4 million in aid to Nepal. That's about the price of a couple of houses in Peppermint Grove.

Thing I dont understand is that 10000 people have died in Napal, including Australians but I turn on the news and its all about the execution of 2 criminals. The government would have spent a lot of money trying to get them off, but have only given $4 million in aid to Nepal. That's about the price of a couple of houses in Peppermint Grove.
Stuff like this is why I have a lot of apathy towards the news and world events. People say I should care more, I say I'll only get angry and frustrated, and I'd rather not.

People who post in stupid threads telling them how stupid the thread is
one-cries-because-one-is-sad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back