Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I heard on SEN that it was $150 on Main Event but you could be right.

I just looked and it's $59.95. They may have been talking about the price in America.

Thing I don't understand at the moment is the whole massive marketing push for the Under Armour brand of sportswear. It looks s**t and is poor quality. Not to mention the laughable brand name. Cant ever see it competing with the likes of Nike, Adidas or Asics etc.

Thing I don't understand at the moment is the whole massive marketing push for the Under Armour brand of sportswear. It looks s**t and is poor quality. Not to mention the laughable brand name. Cant ever see it competing with the likes of Nike, Adidas or Asics etc.
I'd say it would be ahead of Asics, in the US anyway. Its only 10 years old I think and they already have the tender for the US Army and a few national sporting teams. I think they are a real threat to Nike and Adidas

Last edited:
How do people still not understand the concept of letting people off the train before you can go on?

3 billion Asians can't all be wrong can they?

My one..... the need to stand up and clog the aisle the minute a plane stops and then crowd around the baggage carousel with your wife and 8 kids.

My one..... the need to stand up and clog the aisle the minute a plane stops and then crowd around the baggage carousel with your wife and 8 kids.

I just want to get off the damn plane. I couldn't care less if it means I have to wait at the baggage carousel as it means I'm off the plane and not stuck waiting in a small, cramped space.

I just want to get off the damn plane. I couldn't care less if it means I have to wait at the baggage carousel as it means I'm off the plane and not stuck waiting in a small, cramped space.

You and me and the 298 others. But do you find that this practice allows you to disembark from the aforementioned aircraft any earlier than if you just sat in your seat and got up when appropriate to do so?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You and me and the 298 others. But do you find that this practice allows you to disembark from the aforementioned aircraft any earlier than if you just sat in your seat and got up when appropriate to do so?

Not sure but it certainly gives that illusion which is all that matters

Yes as I don't have to wait for as many people to get their hand luggage out from the overhead. Especially when coming back to Perth from the East Coast and every prick has boxes of Krispy Kreme.

Yes as I don't have to wait for as many people to get their hand luggage out from the overhead. Especially when coming back to Perth from the East Coast and every prick has boxes of Krispy Kreme.

Oh s**t, of course it must. Thanks for clarifying this conundrum.

LOL at Krispy Kremes. Here in Indonesia every *er insists on carrying on 6 boxes of "J Co" donuts.

The connection between donuts and aeroplane passengers, when I never see (or eat) donuts anywhere else, is another of life's conundrums.

Edit - further LOL's at "f**ker" becoming "goose".

Australian Catholic University will create two scholarships named after executed drug smugglers Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran for Indonesian students to study in Australia.

The scholarships will provide full tuition fees to the student's chosen course over four years and be awarded to those who write an essay based on the theme of "the sanctity of human life".

link

picard-facepalm.jpg

Last edited:
Shortened slang terms for things that aren't actually shortened at all.

Is sandwich really so hard to say that you need to invent a word (sanga)?

Shortened slang terms for things that aren't actually shortened at all.

Is sandwich really so hard to say that you need to invent a word (sanga)?

The purpose of slang isn't to make words shorter or easier to say, but rather to satisfy our sub-conscious need to fit into groups and have an identity. 'Sanga' isn't a word you would normally hear from a fortune 500 CEO but you would hear it often on a construction site and so there is a common bond through language. Same way we use footy terms and colloquialisms that we wouldn't use around someone who wouldn't understand them. Language is about communicating and connecting.

The purpose of slang isn't to make words shorter or easier to say, but rather to satisfy our sub-conscious need to fit into groups and have an identity. 'Sanga' isn't a word you would normally hear from a fortune 500 CEO but you would hear it often on a construction site and so there is a common bond through language. Same way we use footy terms and colloquialisms that we wouldn't use around someone who wouldn't understand them. Language is about communicating and connecting.

Makes sense.

I still don't like or understand it.

Bit like the word "flog" - I don't think I've ever heard that word used anywhere but on BF. Then again maybe I just need to get out more.

They use it a lot on SEN too (including callers). Same deal, covers a myriad of other words they otherwise wouldn't be able to use. Don't mind it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back