Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bull ****, its the best insult ever. It has no meaning. People don't know how to respond to it. You are a flog.

I do enjoy calling my hubby a flog :D

picard-facepalm.jpg
Lol making Indonesian students write essays about the 'sanctity of human life' for a scholarship named after two men their country executed. This just sounds like passive-aggressive retaliation
As a student there, I have no problem with it.

The reasoning behind why they did this becomes more understandable once you take their mandatory units regarding the dignity of the human person etc. (although those units were a bloody pain in the ass).

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Thing I don't understand at the moment is the whole massive marketing push for the Under Armour brand of sportswear. It looks s**t and is poor quality. Not to mention the laughable brand name. Cant ever see it competing with the likes of Nike, Adidas or Asics etc.
Under Armour is huge in the US.

There's no difference in quality either. o_O

BALKAN

Cancelled
Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Aug 23, 2013
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
The news is split into 'hard news' and 'soft news' and I suppose after all the talk of drug smuggling, executions, deaths and earthquakes that they decided they needed to balance it out.

Jan 29, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thousands dead in Nepal. News for a couple of days
2 criminals executed in a foreign land according to that countries laws. People go crazy.
2 people have a baby. People lose their sh*t, news programs extended to cover all aspects of f*ck knows what.

1310483866536.jpg
I agree to an extent, some of the priorities seem off and in my opinion channel 7 reporting the Clarkson incident before Nepal was worst of all. However, while the earthquake in Nepal was incredibly tragic, what else can you report on except that it happened? There have been stories about miraculous survivors days after it happened, but what else really is there to say? People have donated and everybody knows it happened.

The executions were news because they were contentious. There were people on both sides and it was the culmination of a decade long story. Of course it was going to occupy a fair amount of news time.

And people love royal babies. Hardly surprising at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is to reflect how the thread goes, since there was royal baby talk I changed it, last week JoseMourinho said he was a tipmaster and he failed so it gets changed.
I am the tipmaster and I don't let anyone down. TEAMS LET ME DOWN.

BLOODY RICHMOND :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oct 23, 2010
Down by the River
AFL Club
Collingwood
How do people still not understand the concept of letting people off the train before you can go on?

Probably the same people who stand in the doorway of trams and refuse to move in so no one else can get on when it starts getting crowded. There is a magnitude of space if you move in a bit more, but people prefer to pack aroudn the doors

According to the paper, I haven't watched Neighbours in years, Scott and Charlene may be about to become grandparents. Kylie, a granny!!
Stingray Scott?

Westy2487

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
3 billion Asians can't all be wrong can they?

My one..... the need to stand up and clog the aisle the minute a plane stops and then crowd around the baggage carousel with your wife and 8 kids.

The thing about this one is speed. The quicker you are off the plane the quicker you get your bags, the quicker you get through immigration and the quicker you get well earnt first holiday beer. It is really surprising how efficiently a plane is unloaded especially in Asian countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back