Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
i asked about big macs in the event that you eat them, which contain mustard
I don't eat Maccas, I've had it once in about 12 years.

Burgers, coffee, ice-cream, muffins, salads or all of the above? I'm kind of interested because I work with them and others in the industry over here. McDonald's Australia is the #1 performer in the world this year.

I worked at Maccas as a 15 year old and even then I couldn't stand it. The food is terribly bland (not to mention extremely unhealthy) and tastes very ordinary. Plus after you eat it you get that sick empty Maccas feeling in your gut. I don't know about the coffee, because I wont go into a Maccas with that horrible smell each store has.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Maccas coffees aren't too bad, they are about the same quality as some café coffees but not as pricey.

They also have more healthier food options now, some of their wraps are quite good and healthier than eating a burger and fries.

Maccas is orright

They can be a godsend when you are travelling overseas, at least you know that their food will be OK and won't poison you plus they have free bathroom/toilet facilities.

i think the key aspect to subway argument is that there is no right or wrong amount of any ingredient

I think you wrongly characterise it as an argument. This is the 'things in life you just don't understand thread'. I think it would be fairly safe to assume that 99.9% of people who ask for red onion but don't specify an amount wouldn't want half a kilo of it and similarly people who asked for carrot but don't specify an amount would expect more than 1 gram. I just don't understand how their default position on the quantities of these ingredients seems to be so arse about especially given the respective price of both ingredients.

Olives are disgusting. I don't understand how people can like them.
I hated them until I was in my late 20s then all of a sudden I found I quite liked them. Same with anchovies on pizzas although that's been more recent.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Olives and pickles can GAGF, they ruin any sub or burger you put them in.

I don't understand how people can get salt and pepper on their subs either, I have had them put on my subs a couple of times before I could get a chance to stop them and they completely ruin the taste of the sub.

Deserves in the things that please me but ordered a pizza last night, my go to: The Lot with no anchovies.

Lady on the other line was considerate enough to ask if I also didn't want anchovies, which I don't like but have grown to enjoy on pizza.

It's the little things sometimes.

Who the hell actually says "kek" when they laugh?

Then again I guess no one actually says "lol" in real life either.
Lol stands for laugh out loud.

How are you managing to accidentally get olives on Subway? They make it right in front of you.
Sometimes there's cross contamination in the little container thingys.

Man I should get a job at Subway and teach them how to make a proper sandwhich...
I've thought this at times too. Then I remember the old woman behind me one day who was asking the guy if he could remove all the 'sticks' from the ends of the baby spinach leaves, which he did. That would be the end of me as telling the customers to gtfo would probably not go down too well.

Are you a woman?

;)
Just a very good former sandwhich artiste. Grew up with it in the family business.

We used to do Roast pork, turkey chicken, beef, lamb, chicken schnitzel and tuna rolls.

I retired from the industry a couple years ago and it seems like the standards have dropped since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back