Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because if you do that every time they scream you're going to have screaming, demanding children who act up constantly if they don't get their way.

I beg to differ - it's respect for other patrons. There is nothing wrong with removing them from the environment and discussing their behaviour and consequences if it continues when they go back inside. The key is to follow through with the consequence

I beg to differ - it's respect for other patrons. There is nothing wrong with removing them from the environment and discussing their behaviour and consequences if it continues when they go back inside. The key is to follow through with the consequence
Again, depends on circumstance. Try doing that with a 2 year old.

Again, depends on circumstance. Try doing that with a 2 year old.

I'm a mother of three - it's an effective technique and really not that hard to put in place. In a place such as a restaurant it's not just about you and your child, it's also about those trying to enjoy their own meal. Pretending you can't see or hear their behaviour might be the solution at home but it's certainly not in public

Because if you do that every time they scream you're going to have screaming, demanding children who act up constantly if they don't get their way.

Then don't take them to restaurants.

When did society shift that children are the responsibility of anyone other than parents? I'm sure I played up when I was a toddler but I didn't do it in restaurants.

I'm a mother of three - it's an effective technique and really not that hard to put in place. In a place such as a restaurant it's not just about you and your child, it's also about those trying to enjoy their own meal. Pretending you can't see or hear their behaviour might be the solution at home but it's certainly not in public

#motheroftheyear

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've spent the day being based in a general staff room (just for today). As far as I can tell there are about 20 teachers based in here.

Have NFI how they can stand being in an office as big as this. Only here for 1 day and already had enough.

Mine has twelve teachers plus teacher aides in and out all the time. We also have students constantly banging on the door. It drives me nuts at times.

Mine has twelve teachers plus teacher aides in and out all the time. We also have students constantly banging on the door. It drives me nuts at times.

Yeah sounds about right. Nope, could not stand it- Luckily I'm in two offices- one with 5 people in it, the other 2. Is bliss. Except for the occasional mobile phone going off. But after experiencing what I experienced yesterday, won't complain about that ever again!

Was at the musuem the other day and my girlfriend and I were looking at an exhibit reading the placard sort of thing that accompanied the thing, there was about a foot distance between ourselves and the placard thing.

This little kid comes between us and the placard and we sort of just look at each other like o_O and think wtf. Parent nowhere to be seen. Kid then runs off.

News reporting that two people went Kayaking last night in the wind storm and had to be rescued.

How stupid can you be. Winds were ridiculously strong last night, Hey I got an idea lets go Kayaking in it.
Thought the same thing when I heard it on the news this morning.Idiots like that deserve to drown.

#motheroftheyear

It did come off w***erish and I do apologise to Hard Ball Get for that. My kids were certainly no angels and still aren't, but I did take responsibility for their behaviour when out and would leave a venue If they were being disruptive little shits.

Last edited:
I don't understand women who have problems. I find they almost always unfairly come back on me and I don't have the compassion or empathy to respect their absurd grievances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back