Things That Make You Cringe.

Remove this Banner Ad

On pages like VicPol on fb who posted about the Doncaster girls stabbing, there are wk's who for whatever reason exhibit cringeworthy comments like this
"Some of us guys actually get it..!! It's a terrible dillema ..& I feel disgusted in men in general ..everytime I'm walking down the street & the woman walking in the other direction towards me crosses the road.. I feel bad that women have been forced to develop that defence & suspicion, to a point where it is now instinctive.. Sometimes it's a shame to be a man..it really is!"

Probably trying to WK the bishes already posting. Absolutely cringworthy and hilarious. Even worse if he actually believes it.

People who don't seem to have any friends outside of work.

This.

I barely attend any after work drinks and always get questioned why.

Always need to come up with some excuse, when the real reason is I'd rather spend time with my real mates rather than you boring sods for another few hours.

On pages like VicPol on fb who posted about the Doncaster girls stabbing, there are wk's who for whatever reason exhibit cringeworthy comments like this
"Some of us guys actually get it..!! It's a terrible dillema ..& I feel disgusted in men in general ..everytime I'm walking down the street & the woman walking in the other direction towards me crosses the road.. I feel bad that women have been forced to develop that defence & suspicion, to a point where it is now instinctive.. Sometimes it's a shame to be a man..it really is!"

Probably trying to WK the bishes already posting. Absolutely cringworthy and hilarious. Even worse if he actually believes it.

is that an actual quote or are you paraphrasing....?

for the most part, I understand the sentiment, although I would never express it as poorly as you/your source

Or maybe that's how he really feels?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Commentators which bring up personal circumstances, experiences etc. of sportsmen which don't need to be brought up because they know it will draw an emotional reaction from the sportsman/audience.

Exhibit A. Mark Nicholas interviewing Michael Clarke after the WC final. He did not need to bring up Phil Hughes. If Clarke wants to bring it up then let him, but to prompt him into it shows a lack of class.

Exhibit B. Friday night West Coast vs Carlton. Referring to Liam Duggan's debut during the call, Basil Zempilas brought up the story of Duggan's teammate who passed away in the U/16s. Again, let Liam Duggan bring this up if he is asked about his debut at AFL level etc.

tumblr_lo3l2nqDAN1qa1m9oo1_500.jpg

Exhibit B. Friday night West Coast vs Carlton. Referring to Liam Duggan's debut during the call, Basil Zempilas brought up the story of Duggan's teammate who passed away in the U/16s.

Agree with Exhibit A, but not this one. I found it a good insight into Duggan's upbringing as a footballer and teenager. As a first-time watcher and not much knowledge on him, I thought Basil was in the right to deliver that info. However, the fact he told it while the game was going on, therefore rendering any match commentary impossible for the next 15-20 seconds, was poor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back