Environment Things that make you nervous

Remove this Banner Ad

When I was playing, I'd be the designated opening bat for my team. And I ******* hate the tension leading up to the start of an innings. Despite it being my strength in the game, I hate batting.
This. I'm an opening bat, and it's my best skill but I hate batting. It's so stressful. I enjoy bowling/fielding a lot more as it's a lot more relaxed.

Batting is brutal. So mentally taxing.

I love batting. It's the chasing a little red ball in the field on a 38+ degree day I find not so appealing.
I loved fielding, you spend most of your time playing cricket doing it, might as well enjoy it. A good fieldsman has an extra dimension to his game too.

I loved fielding, you spend most of your time playing cricket doing it, might as well enjoy it. A good fieldsman has an extra dimension to his game too.
If I was 20 years younger I probably would agree with you.

If I was 20 years younger, I'd be 15 kilos lighter, faster across the field and still have an arm.

If I was 20 years younger I probably would agree with you.

If I was 20 years younger, I'd be 15 kilos lighter, faster across the field and still have an arm.
I didn't play cricket much past my mid twenties, so my opinion might be different nowadays. I was a leggie who batted number eleven, I needed as many dimensions to my game as possible.

I didn't play cricket much past my mid twenties, so my opinion might be different nowadays. I was a leggie who batted number eleven, I needed as many dimensions to my game as possible.
All I'm good for these days is coming in at 3 or 4 in the one day team and still being able to rack up a few runs.

I'm also pretty good at standing at first slip and giving the finger point when the ball flys past me.

tumblr_inline_n8p63dDXyQ1qbogyy.jpg

Standing under a skied catch.

Love fielding in close, no time to think, just got to take the chance. When it's up in the air, all I can think about is how much of a putz I'll look like when I drop it, which I invariably do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Standing under a skied catch.

Love fielding in close, no time to think, just got to take the chance. When it's up in the air, all I can think about is how much of a putz I'll look like when I drop it, which I invariably do.

This happened to me today. Was bowling my s**t leggies and the bloke has skied it so bloody high straight up. I had about 5 second to curse myself for calling 'mine' and not letting the keeper take care of it before I caught it. Dropped a pretty easy one off my brothers bowling right after that. I'll never live it down.

Watching Hawthorn play prelims. The last four seasons have knocked maybe 5 years off my life all up.

Any time I need to get my head around new software/hardware that will radically change the networks I administer. I love IT, but it really can play absolute havoc for someone with terrible depression/anxiety.

Speaking in front of groups of people, even though I've been teaching for many years. First day with new classes today - definitely feeling nervous, but know from experience that 2-3 minutes after the start of each class I'll be fine.

As OP says the lead up to reffing a game is a sickening feeling.

Some other classic nervous moments.

- the last 10 minutes or so when you're racing a hard deadline to submit a job application or something, you've done the work and it's just a question if you're going to make some stupid mistake and waste it all.

- the feeling when your car breaks down in traffic and people start to back up behind you.

-when you're walking at night and see a sketchy/obviously drug ****ed person coming towards you.

- the point where you've started a sentence which you realise is going to end with you telling a girl you want her.

- when a family member or someone close has scheduled medical appointment to get biopsy/CAT or any other kind of result which might be life threatening, and you have to wait to hear from them.

Dentists appointments.

EFA.

Not that I go to the dentist a whole lot... but definitely dentist >>>> doctor any day.

Also- the first day of school. No matter how long I've worked in education first day is always nerve racking, feels like you are starting a new job every year in a way.

And driving and flying. Am getting more and more nervous re. both I think.

Dislocated shoulder. Cant throw more than 20 meters these days.

In saying that, we actually have a guy at the club with only one arm. Decent batsman too.
How'd you lose it?

Thats enough for me. I'm hopeless on the phone. I know what I want to say, and can say it perfectly in my head, but come time to vocalise and its a jumbled, speedy mess.

Lol, yeah I can relate. I'm nervous on the phone too, especially phoning parents or people I don't know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back