Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got a wedding on the last Saturday of November...

Which is now the Test match weekend - my favourite of the year; and this is the night Test, which will be out of control, and I've got mates coming from interstate for it...

So I'm going to the ceremony, but not the reception.
I see it as an invitation, not a summons. If you don't want to go to a wedding that's your prerogative as long as you RSVP on time.

One of my toenails was getting a bit long and it seemed loose (I probably whacked it on something earlier) so I decided to gently take it off with my fingers, only for it to start bleeding just as I got it off. Bastard.

It shouldn't be counted as an official Test, but it will be an unbelievable social event.

Will never understand those who fork out the money for a SACA membership and don't see a ball live. Don't like the possible cheapening of a test match for the novelty/ social value. Will give it a chance but just not at all convinced about the pink ball.

Will never understand those who fork out the money for a SACA membership and don't see a ball live. Don't like the possible cheapening of a test match for the novelty/ social value. Will give it a chance but just not at all convinced about the pink ball.

5 days mate, plenty of time to watch plenty of Cricket, and have a huge weekend out the back.

I'm in complete agreement re the night Test, it shouldn't be an official Test, but at this stage, it's a one off, and will be bloody good fun.

Knowing CA though, they've given us the Night Test as they don't want to compromise Boxing/NY Tests, and they know that our attendances are massive, so it'll likely be a packed house for 3 days, and a solid crowd for the rest of it, and they'll then be able to sit back and proudly proclaim Night Tests as a massive success due to the fantastic attendance...

When we would've had fantastic attendance anyway, like we always do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I woke thinking today was Sunday, so here I am going to change some clocks, before I realise it's only Saturday. This Public holiday has really fired my brain

i dont have an issue with americans calling RL "league". i said im ok with it.

i feel some people may dislike it however.

as others have stated, rugby is RU. league is RL, AFL = AFL/aussie rules.

when in nsw or qld when discussing RL with people there i refer to it as league or footy. similarly, in the same states, when discussing rugby with RU diehards, can also call it footy. in all other states, when conversation centres on AFL, call it footy. depends on the person conversing with.

when chatting soccer to former citizens of the united kingdom, call it football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back