Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, Union is the game most ball sports are based off and therefore should keep the 'Rugby' name. This include, footy, soccer, gridiron, league, and Gaelic.

Yeah Rugby Union is just referred to as Rugby in most countries which is why it's called the Rugby World Cup and not the Rugby Union World Cup.

Rugby League can't call itself Rugby, it's League, which is why it's the Rugby League World Cup.

Yeah Rugby Union is just referred to as Rugby in most countries which is why it's called the Rugby World Cup and not the Rugby Union World Cup.

Rugby League can't call itself Rugby, it's League, which is why it's the Rugby League World Cup.
The naming of the two versions refers to how the games where founded. It started with Union until someone decided to change the rules slightly and create a league, therefore it called League.
Union, I believe, has something to do with a union being formed.
It's that straight forward.

The naming of the two versions refers to how the games where founded. It started with Union until someone decided to change the rules slightly and create a league, therefore it called League.
Pretty much and Rugby was the school where it all began

Yeah Rugby Union was being played a long time before Rugby League which was started as a breakaway professional version of Rugby Union in 1908.

Rugby Union was just called Rugby before Rugby League started, it's only called Rugby Union now to differentiate it from Rugby League.

In Lygon St last night, and the number of dickheads on loud bikes going up and down....no gives a s**t about your loud bike and everyone knows you are trying so hard to get attention...it's actually embarrassing....really, no one cares! Anyway ....let's get this game underway...

Yeah Rugby Union was being played a long time before Rugby League which was started as a breakaway professional version of Rugby Union in 1908.

Rugby Union was just called Rugby before Rugby League started, it's only called Rugby Union now to differentiate it from Rugby League.
And to add to that, rugby was called football before soccer was called football. And soccer was called soccer before it was ever called the singular 'football'.

The Grand Final pre-game entertainment. So cringeworthy. Who cares about some washed up singers singing songs that were popular thirty years ago?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Grand Final pre-game entertainment. So cringeworthy. Who cares about some washed up singers singing songs that were popular thirty years ago?

Well they tried popular Aussie bands a few years back and they were massively underwhelming and people cared even less, so what is the suggestion?

Well they tried popular Aussie bands a few years back and they were massively underwhelming and people cared even less, so what is the suggestion?

Scrap the pre-game entertainment altogether. Just have the motorcade then the national anthem then straight into it.

League s**t compared to union and I don't watch Union. League is such a s**t sport, it boarders unwatchable.

League is a lot more watchable than union. I've tried union before but just can't watch it.

Rugby Union is the thinking mans rugby, League is basically just touch rugby with tackling which is why it's easy to understand.

Rugby Union is basically the closest thing you can get to war in sport, you have your forwards to drive it up with mauls and rucks to release your backs.

You don't lose possession until you lose it, there's no tackle count like league, if you can hold possession you score.

There are also proper scrums in union were you smash into each other to fight for possession, they aren't token scrums like League which are a joke.

There's also a thing called line outs when the ball goes into touch where you also fight for possession but you don't smash into each other, you jump.

It's hard for me to explain as I grew up playing rugby and it comes naturally to me. I learnt the rules of rugby when I could learn to walk and talk.

I'm like how do you not understand rugby? It's so easy.

I understand Union but it bores the f*** out of me.

I prefer to watch AFL but I prefer to play Rugby Union, in Rugby Union you are always involved in the game following the ball, especially if you're a forward.

I hated playing Aussie Rules because I got shoved down into a back pocket and told to stay there on my man unless the ball came to me, as a rugby player my natural instinct was to follow the ball like a rover so I was always leaving my man to get the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back