Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

She can't simply put some hot water in it and let it sit, thus making it a million times easier to wash? :confused:

One thing that is a complete bitch to get off saucepans is scrambled egg, I find (no matter how much soapy water you put in)- if anyone has a solution to this, please post away.

I always squirt a bit of detergent into the pot with a bit of hot water as soon as I've plated up and pop it back on the heat for a minute or two - seems to work for me.

Love using cream in my scrambled eggs but my hips aren't as happy about it

When my girlfriend comes to Melbourne to stay with me, she brings these weird oats/muesli s**t to have for breakfast. Anyway, she'll make it in the morning, then leave a bit in the bowl and put it in the sink. You know when you have weet-bix and you leave small bits along the rim and sides of the bowl and an hour later it's all hard and a bitch to clean? Well that's what her breakfast stuff does. The morning after, instead of cleaning the bowl she used previously, she gets a clean one and uses that, and repeats the process. Same goes for knives and forks and stuff. Can't you just wash what you want to use that is lying in the sink instead of getting clean stuff out all the time?

She also takes a trolley full of stuff through self-serve. I'm halfway to rectifying that.

You should just cut her loose now, or, murder her.

She can't simply put some hot water in it and let it sit, thus making it a million times easier to wash? :confused:

One thing that is a complete bitch to get off saucepans is scrambled egg, I find (no matter how much soapy water you put in)- if anyone has a solution to this, please post away.

As soon as you've finished making the eggs fill the saucepan with cold water. Let it sit for as long as you can (the longer the better but about 15 minutes is usually enough). Then tip the water out and use a rubber spatula to scrape off the eggy stuff which should be nice and soft by now. That will get about 90% of it off and the rest should come off with just normal washing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Middle managers who just have to create work completely unnecessarily in order for their own stamp and thus own existence be justified. Also I can manage without been babysat and giving you an up to date report every half hour. If someones not happy or the performance is shot fine take it further everyone ultimately lives or dies by that but I'm not about to go kissing anyones arse or worship your title or beg and plead so piss off and let me work.

People who don't take no for an answer. FFS if I wanted a slice of cake, doughnut or cup of tea for about the 8th consecutive morning/afternoon tea I'd take a knife/spoon and prepare the bloody thing myself. It's not so much that that shits me they are just being friendly but those who think they are somehow entitled to an explanation. If after work I insisted everyone down the beers and demanded an explanation as to why not I'd be accused of harassment so mind your own business and fu** off.

Personal gripe. But people incapable of shutting up. Why does every spare second of silence immediately need to be filled?

Getting sick for the 7th time since moving to Melbourne. Used to only get sick once or twice yearly back home. At the moment my skin is burning up but I'm shivering cold with pins and needles and a headache. And a cough that won't go away and one that feels like my head wants to explode. Been trying to sleep since 2 but haven't managed, just been tossing and turning having weird as, vivid thoughts.

And my work keeps ringing me asking me to cover shifts. I just started there and I feel terrible that I have to say no and that they might think I'm faking.

Getting sick for the 7th time since moving to Melbourne. Used to only get sick once or twice yearly back home. .

When I started working in a school, I had the same problem. You'll get used to Melbourne germies and it'll pass trust me. :thumbsu:

Getting sick for the 7th time since moving to Melbourne. Used to only get sick once or twice yearly back home. At the moment my skin is burning up but I'm shivering cold with pins and needles and a headache. And a cough that won't go away and one that feels like my head wants to explode. Been trying to sleep since 2 but haven't managed, just been tossing and turning having weird as, vivid thoughts.

And my work keeps ringing me asking me to cover shifts. I just started there and I feel terrible that I have to say no and that they might think I'm faking.

Are you from the country?

It might take a season for you to build immunity against the additional bugs in the city.

sounds bad mate. have you been to a general practitioner?

i note with interest that you live in Mt Waverley. I knew someone who experienced similar symptoms who lived in a rental property also in MW Spitta2Azza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back