Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your first purchase it's more or a less a case of trial and error. I don't recall my first ever purchase (made multiple at the same time) but i used the Australian sizing as a rough guide to what i ordered. Wouldn't have a clue who makes the redbull shirts (would be piss easy if it were Nike, Adidas - could just go off their sizing).

I purchased a few Superhero shirts in one go XXL and even XXXL as i was not sure how either would fit. Turns out XXL was more like XXXL and XXXL was more like XLIV almost like NFL top size. And an amusing thing i discovered recently, if i want to get an NFL players top that isn't excessively baggy i would just get an XL (i'm usually an XXL in polo/collar shirts), anything else and i may as well be wearing a blanket.

I woke up today feeling really off mentally, it's hard to explain and don't want to make a fool out of myself by ranting about random crap like i did on here back in May. I'm hoping it's just me being in a slump because of being sick over the past week.
I mean more to the point of wanting to feel exactly how it feels on me. I like to know the exact length of the sleeves, and how its going to fit on me. You can't do this with online stuff. I've seen so much variance between two Small garments

I have them every now and then, its only natural to feel the highs and lows. I usually find if I'm on a real high, I can feel quite dejected the next day when reality sinks in. I was reading about the phenomenon last night. The page was saying you shouldn't rely on being 'in the zone' Because you get those days where everything is just on, and as mentioned earlier, you get a dose of reality after that. I've seen this typically happen to people after a Sunday church service. When I'm like this I just put aside all the stress factors, and just chill.

Seems to work though - shame more blokes didn't put the same effort in
The other day I was looking at getting a nice suit/vest combo looking stylish, while watching a video about improving social skills, playing in the background. As I'm thinking, yeah I could get one of these suits, the guy says something along the lines of not buying a new suit for this purpose. LOL

Have hated this forever. When commentators do not correct errors that their colleagues have made, must be a rule or something.

Gerard Healy was just going through the weekend's results which were on the screen and said how great Sydney's win was.

He did not correct himself immediately, thus Sandy Roberts should have said "you mean Richmond's win".

It happens with names, numbers, stats, facts, etc and rarely if ever on radio or TV do I ever hear someone correct their colleague.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Servo attendants trying to sell you stuff when you just want to pay for petrol. Conversation last night:

"number 4 thanks"
"$3 for 2 mentos?"
"no"
"2 iced coffee for $6?"
"no"
"snickers 2 for $4?
"no"
"not a sweet tooth hey?"
"I just want to pay for my bloody petrol and go, is that okay?"

Attendant shakes his head and snatches my money :rolleyes:

They have to do that. The margin on a litre of petrol is a couple of cents (about three).

Either accept you have to listen to their up-sell or be prepared to pay much more for petrol.

Phone companies - 50 minutes on phone -30 of which was just waiting to speak to someone after the voice recording told me two minutes

My home handset is broken
Them: we don't replace handsets
Me: but you charge me a monthly rental fee
Them: okay, we will give you a credit for the last six months
Me: no, you have been taking money for two years for a service you don't provide
Them: my manager will call you in the next 48hrs

It's only $2.95 a month, so no real biggie but it's the principal of it all and the expectation that I will just smile and say it's okay

trawling my way through the fappening goldmine, when suddenly, Justin Verlander's penis appeared o_O

NwpML8n.gif

being nominated for ice bucket thingo.

havent done it (although donated a few weeks ago). nominator is not happy

Somebody is not happy because you donated money to charity?

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back