Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to have my dog of 11 and a bit years put down on Saturday. What shits me is that the poor little bugger, who's biggest crime in life was to have a piss on somebodies front lawn. had to have such a horrible end, in pain and confused from suffering a seizure.

Sorry to hear about your dog. Had to have mine put down a few years ago, he wasn't well at the end either so I know how you feel.

You only read one book at school?
That was by George Orwell, yes. Well, actually, I didn't even read it.

List if books off the top of my head...
Romeo and Juliet
Macbeth
Alibrandi
Mice and men
Life of Pi
Cosi
Animal Farm

A few more but can't remember the titles

That was by George Orwell, yes. Well, actually, I didn't even read it.

List if books off the top of my head...
Romeo and Juliet
Macbeth
Alibrandi
Mice and men
Life of Pi
Cosi
Animal Farm

A few more but can't remember the titles

Hmm, I guess it's not on the reading list anymore. I read it when I did my HSC which was, ahem, around 1984 :oops:

Hmm, I guess it's not on the reading list anymore. I read it when I did my HSC which was, ahem, around 1984 :oops:
I graduated nearly 30 years later so yeah

Had to have my dog of 11 and a bit years put down on Saturday. What shits me is that the poor little bugger, who's biggest crime in life was to have a piss on somebodies front lawn. had to have such a horrible end, in pain and confused from suffering a seizure.

Sorry to hear that - have been there recently myself so feel your pain
People keep trying to talk me into getting a new dog but tbh the hearts just not in it

I read Of Mice and Men for school. None of the others listed and not 1984. I don't recall any of the others we read, I don't think they were "classics". There was one based in Africa with a character called Nkwando or something. Another was a society of kids who developed a bastardised form of English. This was 12 years ago.

Sorry to hear that - have been there recently myself so feel your pain
People keep trying to talk me into getting a new dog but tbh the hearts just not in it
Yeah, buying a new dog just wouldn't be the same, especially if you're not ready for one.

Was running late for the train today. Had no balance on my myki so I went to top-up, and had no cash so had to use eftpos. The train was one minute away, which I thought was plenty of time for the transaction to go through. It took about 15 seconds for the machine to acknowledge that I had inserted and removed my card, then it was 'processing' for another 45 seconds. Then the 'do you need a receipt? you clicked no? oh well printing one anyway lolz' button came up, clicked no, train was waiting at this stage, screen says 'coding myki brb' for ages, I take a chance and hope that it topped up, try and touch on, still no balance, get on train just before doors close. Check bank account, money is gone but not on my myki.

Was running late for the train today. Had no balance on my myki so I went to top-up, and had no cash so had to use eftpos. The train was one minute away, which I thought was plenty of time for the transaction to go through. It took about 15 seconds for the machine to acknowledge that I had inserted and removed my card, then it was 'processing' for another 45 seconds. Then the 'do you need a receipt? you clicked no? oh well printing one anyway lolz' button came up, clicked no, train was waiting at this stage, screen says 'coding myki brb' for ages, I take a chance and hope that it topped up, try and touch on, still no balance, get on train just before doors close. Check bank account, money is gone but not on my myki.

That should be easy to prove if you get pulled up for it and the $ should appear on your MYKI at some stage . Hopefully you kept the receipt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone read to kill a mockingbird in school? Brilliant book
not in school, but when i was about 25. i thought it was great.

about a month ago my best mate was telling me he had just read it. i'm not a massive reader (maybe one every 2-3 months), and this guy is a huge reader (a book a week sorta guy)... so for a split second when i realised i had read a (great) book before he had i got a bit of a tingle inside. this was quite a rare occurence as usually i'll go 'hey man just read xxxx and it was wicked' and he'll follow up with 'yeah it's sweet. i read about 3 years ago'....

but he quickly doused that when he said it was the most boring book he had ever read.

each to their own i guess.

When our dog got put down, we were the same in saying that we weren't ready for a new one, however as fate would have it, we ended up with a puppy not long after and it really helped us. That's my two cents anyway.

I agree. We got our current one probably about just over 6 months after we put down our old dog and it helped the healing process. I didn't want another dog for at least 12 months but you don't realise just how much you miss having that companion there.

not in school, but when i was about 25. i thought it was great.

about a month ago my best mate was telling me he had just read it. i'm not a massive reader (maybe one every 2-3 months), and this guy is a huge reader (a book a week sorta guy)... so for a split second when i realised i had read a (great) book before he had i got a bit of a tingle inside. this was quite a rare occurence as usually i'll go 'hey man just read xxxx and it was wicked' and he'll follow up with 'yeah it's sweet. i read about 3 years ago'....

but he quickly doused that when he said it was the most boring book he had ever read.

each to their own i guess.

Fantastic book.

On the topic, has anyone read The Kite Runner from Khaled Hosseini? We had to read it in Year 10. I don't know why but I absolutely loved it. Incredibly deep story.
Read that in Year 11, I think.

Didn't get past the first 50 or so pages. Just couldn't take to it, which is odd, because I'll read most books from cover to cover.

Everyone else I know loved it, though.

Still got 96% for the essay on it, though. I was pretty happy with that :p

Read that in Year 11, I think.

Didn't get past the first 50 or so pages. Just couldn't take to it, which is odd, because I'll read most books from cover to cover.

Everyone else I know loved it, though.

Still got 96% for the essay on it, though. I was pretty happy with that :p

I was the same, the first 50-80 pages were very dull and boring, but necessary to set the story up. Glad I stuck through with it and finished it unlike 98% of my class.

Anyone read to kill a mockingbird in school? Brilliant book
Oh yeah, we did that in school too.

Absolutely loved the book.

I think I read it again after high school as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back