Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually, 4WDs only number some 11% of the cars on the road/registered.

do you crack the sads when there's a tree, large object or building that is in your way when you reverse or drive out of a road/car park?

When there is a tree, large object or a large building you have the footpath and nature strip or equivalent to work with. Trees, large objects and buildings don't pull up next to you when you are turning left at an intersection.

When there is a tree, large object or a large building you have the footpath and nature strip or equivalent to work with. Trees, large objects and buildings don't pull up next to you when you are turning left at an intersection.

you have your opinion, others have theirs. i completely empathise with you on this matter.

when it comes to road matters you hate
- fire engines
- trucks

didn't ask you about these
- vans
- women drivers (doesnt matter what car they drive)
- rubbish collection automobiles

anyway, tonight i shall think about your posts as i turn right at intersection thereby blocking view of left turner.

you have your opinion, others have theirs. i completely empathise with you on this matter.

- fire engines
- trucks

- vans

anyway, tonight i shall think about your posts as i turn right at intersection thereby blocking view of left turner.

Trucks, fire engines, garbage trucks are all examples of vehicles that are almost always utilised for their specific purpose. 99% of 4WD owners can achieve the same main objective with their vehicles by driving a normal car instead - which is to get from A to B on a public road. Except they don't get that 'thrill' of being king dick driving doing so.

Its an ego thing - not a function thing.

For this reason I conclude that 4WD's s**t me.

I rest my case.

- fire engines
- trucks

- vans

Women drivers? You're on shaky ground now mate ;)

I had a ute once... when I lived in the country. I also had a van once... when I needed it for my business. Have no need or desire for either now that I live in the city and don't need a large vehicle for any particular purpose. I couldn't tell you the last time a fire engine or truck blocked my view when turning left but I would say the 4WDs do so on a daily basis. That 11% must all drive around my area.

Trucks, fire engines, garbage trucks are all examples of vehicles that are almost always utilised for their specific purpose. 99% of 4WD owners can achieve the same main objective with their vehicles by driving a normal car instead - which is to get from A to B on a public road. Except they don't get that 'thrill' of being king dick driving doing so.

Its an ego thing - not a function thing.

For this reason I conclude that 4WD's s**t me.

I rest my case.

respected post.

holden and ford drivers are the worst. especially when women are behind the wheel :D

Pizza Hut withdrawing the following offer...

Pizza Hut withdraws offer of free animals with pizza purchase

Article%20Lead%20-%20wide6127069010h98m1410764125493.jpg-620x349.jpg

They'd be better eating than their pizzas.

One Guinea Pig Calzone thanks...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shits me that 9 days after I had my dog put down I still feel like s**t. Thought I was doing all right, but burst into tears again about half an hour ago. Coming home shits me, no dog there to greet me.

I actually think losing a pet can be worse than losing a family member in some circumstances. You've hit the nail on the head with the coming home to an empty house bit. I actually felt worse when some of my pets died than I did when my parents (elderly) passed away because my pets where a part of my everyday life in a way that my parents weren't by that stage. Remember too that grief will ebb and flow, you will feel better for a while then you will be sad again. Over time the sad bits become shorter and less frequent. I know it's a cliche but time is a great healer. If you love having a dog do consider getting another one in the not too distant future, even if it's hard to contemplate now it will help you get over your loss (but when you are ready).

Not a people person, mum passed away 5 years ago, couple of days I was fine. The dog going has hit me lik a ton of bricks, even though I knew anything could have happened at any time. Just me and him at home,I will get another dog eventually, won't be for a while though. Feel like i'd be betraying him if I got one soon. Heap of long service to use to go traveling, will offer my service up to dog sit for friends/family until Im ready for another one.

Not a people person, mum passed away 5 years ago, couple of days I was fine. The dog going has hit me lik a ton of bricks, even though I knew anything could have happened at any time. Just me and him at home,I will get another dog eventually, won't be for a while though. Feel like i'd be betraying him if I got one soon. Heap of long service to use to go traveling, will offer my service up to dog sit for friends/family until Im ready for another one.

Srs?

Ross Prunster, You could always volunteer at a dog shelter until you're ready to get another one of your own.

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling, I was lucky in that my dog was one of two - we had to focus a lot of our attention on him as he really struggled to cope with the loss of his mate. Wasn't eating or drinking and didn't get out of bed for three days - we got really concerned for a while but all good now - king of the roost. The downside is that he is 12 so.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back