Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its the constant complaining and saying "but soccer is so much better" that gets to me. He has a lot of trouble understanding what you said about liking more than one sport.
Shits me too. 'It's actually football not soccer'
and then they'll something like 'soccer is the biggest sport in the country'
or call footy Gayfl because we make contact with each other? Hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it. I don't mind soccer, in fact I'mquite a fan but actual soccer fans ruin it for me.

Has nothing on League followers.

"Hahaha GAYFL is so s**t. What is that s**t doing on?"

Often heard from people who go to 0 League games a year rarely watch the game on TV. It's a bit rich complaining that another code is s**t when their preferred code isn't good enough to watch.

Shits me too. 'It's actually football not soccer'
and then they'll something like 'soccer is the biggest sport in the country'
or call footy Gayfl because we make contact with each other? Hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it. I don't mind soccer, in fact I'mquite a fan but actual soccer fans ruin it for me.
I'm also a soccer fan but refuse to call it football. I just laugh at numpties like Foz who are so upset that AFL and NRL are way bigger than soccer. People like him are so dismissive and patronising yet their sport just doesn't cut it locally.

I'm also a soccer fan but refuse to call it football. I just laugh at numpties like Foz who are so upset that AFL and NRL are way bigger than soccer. People like him are so dismissive and patronising yet their sport just doesn't cut it locally.
The thing is I'm surrounded by soccer fans, it just annoys me no end because I know footy's a much bigger sport in Australia yet I'm out numbered so there's nothing I can do.

I live in Sydney. If my sons soccer ball or tennis ball or cricket ball goes over the fence, the neighbor throws it back over. If his footy goes over, forget it, they ain't throwing it back over. They mad.

I'm just amazed at how many people in Sydney bitch and moan about the AFL but don't even follow league. Even my sons Aunty. Doesn't watch League. Doesn't follow it. Has no idea which teams are near the top of the ladder. But has no problem telling my son he is following the wrong game. Must be some sort of tribal thing - with a generous helping of stupidity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's probably happened to us all at some stage.

Waiting for green light to turn right at an intersection. After a lengthy delay, the green arrow comes on, and the idiot down the front doesn't move. After a few beeps to try an wake the imbecile up, they snap back into the real world, notice the arrow is green and then fart around picking a gear.

They manage to sneak through on the amber light, leaving everyone behind them sitting there on red. People like this need to be smacked around the head in a very friendly manner.

It's probably happened to us all at some stage.

Waiting for green light to turn right at an intersection. After a lengthy delay, the green arrow comes on, and the idiot down the front doesn't move. After a few beeps to try an wake the imbecile up, they snap back into the real world, notice the arrow is green and then fart around picking a gear.

They manage to sneak through on the amber light, leaving everyone behind them sitting there on red. People like this need to be smacked around the head in a very friendly manner.

...unless there is a red light camera.

Game of Thrones fanatics. We were out last night with a guy and that's all he could talk about.

Oooh TheFreshBanana just saw some of MTV VMA's on Foxtel- Taylor putting in an alright performance of Shake it Off. Miley and Gwen Stefani looking extremely bored (was nice of them I guess to keep their eyes open), then spotted Stefani clapping at the end of it with two fingers and laughing.

I felt outrage on behalf of you. :D;)

Oooh TheFreshBanana just saw some of MTV VMA's on Foxtel- Taylor putting in an alright performance of Shake it Off. Miley and Gwen Stefani looking extremely bored (was nice of them I guess to keep their eyes open), then spotted Stefani clapping at the end of it with two fingers and laughing.

I felt outrage on behalf of you. :D;)
Good work.

However, I can excuse Gwen Stefani because she made the best song with a "bananas" line in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back