Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Those ****ing losers at shopping centres trying to sell s**t in those stalls that you have to walk right past.

AVOID the hand cream...got caught in San Fran a few years back...felt like this...

giphy.gif

When I was at Uni and even for some years afterwards I would have regular dreams about missing exams or suddenly realising I had three essays due the next day and so on. The reality was I was very good at making sure I had everything done and never missed an exam or anything like that but it must have preyed on my mind subconsciously I suppose to have had those dreams. I preferred Uni over school, everyone leaves you alone once you get to Uni. The pressure of HSC was worse I think.

Actually found this too - even after I'd been working for 3+ years I'd have dreams where I'd be at Uni and realise I had three essays due that I hadn't even started - or had missed the final exam because I'd completely forgotten about it. Like you - also never missed an exam or assignment in my uni career.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Actually found this too - even after I'd been working for 3+ years I'd have dreams where I'd be at Uni and realise I had three essays due that I hadn't even started - or had missed the final exam because I'd completely forgotten about it. Like you - also never missed an exam or assignment in my uni career.

It's bizarre isn't it? I was going to call them nightmares but they weren't exactly that but when I woke up I was always very anxious until of course I realised they were just dreams.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
People who think crossfit is some form of higher enlightenment and feel the need to let everyone know. It's ******* circuit training rebranded you silly twat!!

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Those ****ing losers at shopping centres trying to sell s**t in those stalls that you have to walk right past.
One of them tried to get me one day, and without breaking stride, as I was walking past I said, sorry, I don't speak English.

It was glorious.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Probably been said before, but I really hate opening a thread, and finding it is littered with embedded youtube links that slow down the loading of the page. If it's something like a movie trailer or music video thread, then yeah, cool. But in general discussion threads it just irritates me when you come across an entire page of youtube vids. Can't people just talk about something without the need to force a visual reference? Youtube isn't a great deal different to google, people will check it out if intrigued. It's just a pet peeve, but yeah, if you see me posting in a youtube dominated thread, you will know it was posted through gritted teeth lol.

Last edited:

BALKAN

Cancelled
Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Aug 23, 2013
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Probably been said before, but I really hate opening a thread, and finding it is littered with embedded youtube links that slow down the loading of the page. If it's something like a movie trailer or music video thread, then yeah, cool. But in general discussion threads it just irritates me when you come across an entire page of youtube vids. Can't people just talk about something without the need to force a visual reference? Youtube isn't a great deal different to google, people will check it out if intrigued. It's just a pet peeve, but yeah, if you see me posting in a youtube dominated thread, you will known it was posted through gritted teeth lol.

Mar 7, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
When the air conditioner gets turned down to 18 in summer because people think it will make the room cooler.

Damn thing just freezes up every time and the room just gets hot.

Leave the bastard on 23 or 24 you silly people, that is a comfortable temperature. It will blow up the compressor in the middle of a heat wave and then we will cook. *air con mechanics are booked out in heatwaves and we'll never get it fixed.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Buy subway, salad filling is all pushed to the inside and meat filling is all on the open side. It's like there's the Berlin wall running down the middle of my sandwich. Give you a footlong across the nose next time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back