Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ads which use music that is a clear rip off of a popular song.

For example, there is an ad going round for a car that rips off sail by awolnation.

I'm so over this constant crap - it shits me no end that they think they speak for all females

It shits me no end that feminists seem to have an opinion on everything and that they seem to think the general populace gives a crap what they think.

People that don't know how to use ramp signals. It's ONE car per lane per green light. Not 2 and definitely not 3, like I had tonight. Considering there was still a queue to merge onto the freeway, they achieved nothing except nearly crashing into me when we had to merge together before then merging onto the freeway.

I'd never seen this sort of thing before I went to Melbourne and even I managed to figure it out. It was still weird as s**t though.

discovering the s**t storm of the comet scientists shirt.

are people losing the plot.

if you find this shirt sexist then you to see the doctor for a serious case of softcockitis.

main-qimg-864fd9bbb66fde5eab048689080b3457

if you find a hideously ugly shirt, well you're probably onto something.

Feminists fight for the right to wear what they want whilst simultaneously denying the rights of others.

Logic.

Neither does comet guys shirt lol

Also lolling at how the anti-shirt brigade helped dispel the stereotype that women are way more interested in fashion than science...oh wait
It's why I didn't disagree with that part of the picture

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, while we are on things like this. An article appeared in the Herald Sun yesterday, written by a woman, calling Jamie Oliver a dickhead because he punishes his child using chilli.

Could you imagine the uproar if a man could a woman a dumb bitch in an article?
Also inevitable "how dare a man tell a woman how to parent"

People I work with telling me "I'm a chef by trade."

1) So what? (Should I be impressed?)

2) You sound like a w*nker "by trade" (one level up from a barista).

3) Why are you working in a totally unrelated field if you're so proud of and think it's so important to mention your "trade" (maybe you're no good at being a chef?)?

Not really - they are equivalent gender-specific insults
How is dumb bitch equivalent to dickhead? Why can't dickhead be applied to a woman?

A dumb *, anything really...Bitch is a bit of a step up to from a dickhead in my opinion. I also don't understand why saying dickhead to a woman doesn't make sense...Im not calling a guy a dickhead because he has a penis.

3) Why are you working in a totally unrelated field if you're so proud of and think it's so important to mention your "trade" (maybe you're no good at being a chef?)?

My sister in law is a "cook" who likes to think she is a chef. I'm not surprised that a chef would be insulted that she thinks they are on a par, The fact that you think they are only one step up from a guy making the coffee only reinforces that.

I don't know what you do but I'm sure, should someone without your qualifications or experience lay claim to being an expert because they've done it once or twice that you would certainly take offence. Nothing worse than people who are dismissive of other peoples jobs just because they don't rate it.

I just see dickhead as the comment that doesn't really offend anyone, but calling someone a bitch or a cow, and then adding stupid to the front of it, its just on a new level. You don't jokingly call someone a stupid cow/bitch.

1) I'm assuming whatever else it is they are doing doesn't require any specific qualifications? They are probably just voicing insecurity.

2) Chefs actually have training and qualifications. To be a barista you pretty much just need an ironic beard.

3) Maybe, but I think a lot of people just get sick of the hours chefs do. Your job is basically to make other people lunch and dinner every day. That would get old pretty quick.

My sister in law is a "cook" who likes to think she is a chef. I'm not surprised that a chef would be insulted that she thinks they are on a par, The fact that you think they are only one step up from a guy making the coffee only reinforces that.

I don't know what you do but I'm sure, should someone without your qualifications or experience lay claim to being an expert because they've done it once or twice that you would certainly take offence. Nothing worse than people who are dismissive of other peoples jobs just because they don't rate it.

I personally wouldn't care less if someone with little experience in my line of work claimed to be an expert, because I'm secure in my own abilities, and it's not a profession, just a job.

I'm not disrespecting what chefs do, it's just the big-noting of "I'm a chef by trade", when you're not even working in said trade (and you never progressed beyond being a low-level dog's body when you were), that annoys me. It's just w*nkerish. I'm comparing it to the extra importance a barista places on themselves (you make coffee, you're not splitting the atom), not directly comparing the actual roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back