Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, this is going to seem like a petty one.

But, people who use an excessive number of question marks after posing a question. It looks...really amateurish.

One is fine. And enough.

I have no idea why I didn't type it as tomorrow. I am disgusted in myself.
Alright, this is going to seem like a petty one.

But, people who use an excessive number of question marks after posing a question. It looks...really amateurish.

One is fine. And enough.
The girlfriend does two. It is kinda annoying.

#firstworldproblems.

I have no idea why I didn't type it as tomorrow. I am disgusted in myself.

The girlfriend does two. It is kinda annoying.

#firstworldproblems.
It's the most irrelevant of first world problems, to be sure.

Two, I suppose I can tolerate. It's not necessary, but it's not ridiculous.

See Gough's post above though. It's almost like a way of registering displeasure and annoyance but you're too lazy to put that into words properly, so instead just use copious numbers of question marks and come across as a muppet in the process.

I type this as I'm delaying going to vote in the state election. Somehow that seems oddly appropriate.

It's the most irrelevant of first world problems, to be sure.

Two, I suppose I can tolerate. It's not necessary, but it's not ridiculous.

See Gough's post above though. It's almost like a way of registering displeasure and annoyance but you're too lazy to put that into words properly, so instead just use copious numbers of question marks and come across as a muppet in the process.

I type this as I'm delaying going to vote in the state election. Somehow that seems oddly appropriate.
Get what you mean.

I went at 8.50 and was still in line for 15 minutes.

Separating the plastic bags in self serve checkouts. Legit took me 20 seconds.
This. I'm now so scarred from previous experiences I pray that when I go to a checkout the bag is already open. If not, I will try to go to another one. I also struggle with fruit/veg bags at grocers too, but some old lady told me the trick is to wet your fingers before trying to open them. Magic. I'm pretty incompetent when it comes to doing ordinary things :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This. I'm now so scarred from previous experiences I pray that when I go to a checkout the bag is already open. If not, I will try to go to another one. I also struggle with fruit/veg bags at grocers too, but some old lady told me the trick is to wet your fingers before trying to open them. Magic. I'm pretty incompetent when it comes to doing ordinary things :oops:
Yeah, same with splitting open the bags you get for fruit and veg.

Just wet your fingers and slide across horizontally.

I don't know you, but I hate you. I guess the feeling is mutual.

Seriously, how hard is it?

Cold foods (dairy) are all on the belt together, followed by
Meat
Frozen
Fruit and veg - heavy stuff first (spuds), then soft (strawberries).
Then bread/bakery.
Light Grocery (cereal boxes)
Heavy Grocery (cans, bottles)
Non Foods

I give you seven bags - three insulated, four cheap

All you have to do is scan in the order I give it to you, and put it in the bag.....even if you get the order slightly wrong, then you have cold foods with meat, meat with frozen, light fruit/veg with soft bread, soft bread with light grocery, and cans with non food.

Yet most times we end up with canned food thrown on top of the fruit/bread bags (it's too light), the washing powder sat on top of the meat, and my personal favourite, the (leaking) hot chicken on the top of the frozen bag.

If only they could make the self-serve scanners work quicker, (why 5 seconds between scans - weight reading method of security) I would never use the counter again.
I'm not really talking about that stuff. I tend to separate the hot and cold anyway unless the customer doesn't care.

It all gets unpacked anyway. What's the big deal?

The"Welcome to insert club name" threads on BF

It seems ****in childish and I'm 99% the player couldn't give a **** whether he's welcomed to the club on a footy forum or not.

Put his name there and forget it, throw the niceties out the window
Agree. Should just be thread discussing the pick not acting like the players actually read this forum.

I'm not really talking about that stuff. I tend to separate the hot and cold anyway unless the customer doesn't care.

It all gets unpacked anyway. What's the big deal?
It would appear you work in a supermarket, I have a question.
When I'm waiting to buy cigarettes it always seems that everybody gets served while I stand at the counter wheezing and coughing. Is this because you know smokers are hopeless addicts and won't go elsewhere?

It would appear you work in a supermarket, I have a question.
When I'm waiting to buy cigarettes it always seems that everybody gets served while I stand at the counter wheezing and coughing. Is this because you know smokers are hopeless addicts and won't go elsewhere?
Doesn't happen at my supermarket haha.

Where I work though is separated into a grocery department and a separate liquor store for booze and ciggies.

Instant service. Coles and Woolies would be different obviously with cigarettes being sold at that front counter

"We make clothing and other items for use exclusively in a high-corrosion marine environment, so let's put metal zips on everything." - every sailing equipment manufacturer ever.

Agree. Should just be thread discussing the pick not acting like the players actually read this forum.
The worst thing a prospective draftee could do is read online forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back