Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The touchpad mouse on my laptop is failing - specifically the right mouse button. Something I find really bizarre as I press the left mouse button far more often than I do the right mouse button.

Speaking of touchpads, unibody touchpads absolutely s**t me. As a network admin I come across enough of them to warrant carrying around a wireless mouse to plug in as needed to avoid those abominations.

Chicken/meat/fish - whatever

Chicken is a "Protein" (as against Vegetable, Grain, etc), but I think the comparison being made is to the actual weight of the Protein itself.

For example, Chicken might be only 25% Protein, 10% Fat, 0% carbs (guessing).

So you saying you eat 100g of "Protein" - do you mean 100g of chicken (eg half a small skinless breast), or 100g of Protein (eg 2 small skinless chicken breasts)

Chicken is a "Protein" (as against Vegetable, Grain, etc), but I think the comparison being made is to the actual weight of the Protein itself.

For example, Chicken might be only 25% Protein, 10% Fat, 0% carbs (guessing).

So you saying you eat 100g of "Protein" - do you mean 100g of chicken (eg half a small skinless breast), or 100g of Protein (eg 2 small skinless chicken breasts)

I'm aware that chicken is a "protein" ;)
I do mean 100g of chicken or fish or beef etc.
apologies for the confusion - it started out as an interest in powder v food forms of protein and ended in me looking ridiculous but my kids will say that's par for course. The point being you could just as easily get your daily protein from eating right but apparently it's easier to mix a powder and drink it

This whole "Protein powder is bad for you ahh" has me a bit irked.

Firstly, people seem to believe that those who take protein powders only take protein powder for my source of protein.

Uhhh... no. Protein powder is the quickest way to get x amount in your body after a workout. I don't use them as meal replacements. That's just ******* ridiculous.

You seem to be missing the point that I can buy 2kg of protein powder for 60 bucks that will last me 33 workouts which would last me about 3 months. It's readily available for whenever I organise a workout, rather than having to spend time making sure I have fresh fish/chicken, prepare it, and ensure I have a time/place to consume it post workout.

My workout times are rather sporadic, I can't schedule them just in time for breakfast, lunch, dinner.

I might go a little after those times.

What's easier? Finishing a workout, full from the previous meal, and THEN have to eat 100g of chicken?

Or does it seem a bit more convenient, mixing powder and milk together, then having a drink afterwards?

Now the biggest conspiracy, whey protein is "bad" for you. Now, I'm happy for people to post where they get their information from that it's "bad" for you, but I've done a lot of reading on it. Granted, I'm not a nutritionist, nor have I done any formal study on it, but almost everyone in any weight-training exercise, recommends protein some time post workout whether it be from eggs, milk, chicken, fish or whey protein.

In fact, I've just tried researching whether or not it's bad for you, and I can barely find anything against it.

i see people drinking protein shakes during workout at the gymnasium i frequent. they are not ripped.

is it like obese persons drinking diet coke cause they believe its healthier?

i myself dont use protein suppliments. i always reason that nutrients can be gained from fresh fruit/food that have many other qualities.
Doesn't make sense why they would take it during their workout.

Either it's something else or they're doing it wrong.

And no, it's more like Calcium supplements, a more convenient way than just consuming dairy.

I have no idea TheFreshBanana whether it's good for you or bad for you and tbh I don't care. It's probably no more harmful than loads of other stuff out there. I was just questioning the value of it compared to food when you were complaining how bad it tasted but If that's what suits your lifestyle go for it - I've personally never liked anything that comes in powdered form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People mostly women who think their bag needs a seat on public transport and then get all snooty when someone asks to move it so they can have a seat.

So much this :thumbsu:

Bookies who suspend betting.

First pissed me off in 2009 when the Saints were playing the Hawks in Tassie.

Saints were the fave due to the winning streak. Betting suspended as word was going around we would rest some players.

Teams are named and 8 players out for the Saints. Betting re-opens with Hawks as favorites.

I bring it up because bookies have suspended betting on the Queen abdicating her throne. A rumor has come out that she will abdicate during her Christmas mesage this year.

It pisses me off because if you want to gamble against the market you should expect some people are going to have better info than you do.

If bookies frame markets they should be forced to see it through. Sure, change the odds as bets come in but they shouldnt be allowed to just close a market for a few days because they are worried about losing money.
Is your main point that bookies should have better ethics?

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Is your main point that bookies should have better ethics?

Hahahahahahahahaha!

No my point was that the laws on how they frame their markets should be tougher.

They use these obscure bets to try and take people's money but then freak the * out at the first sign of someone knowing more than them.

I think that if a bookie frames and opens an "exotic" market they should be forced to keep it open until the result is offcial.

Driving this time of year. Not sure of this is just a Sydney thing but every year around Christmas people do stupid ******* things on the road like driving straight through stop signs, not indicating ect. I seriously don't even feel safe driving these days with the amount of near misses I've had due to some idiot not paying attention

The word 'barista' makes me cringe even more than 'selfie' or 'brekkie' (two of the most brutally annoying cutesy words ever).

Me: "Hi, could I get a tall cappuccino please'
Guy at coffee place: "Would you like the Barista's choice blend?"

Ugh.......

The word 'barista' makes me cringe even more than 'selfie' or 'brekkie' (two of the most brutally annoying cutesy words ever).

Me: "Hi, could I get a tall cappuccino please'
Guy at coffee place: "Would you like the Barista's choice blend?"

Ugh.......

You seem like a pretty sensitive guy. A breakfast out must drive you nuts.

Yeah, what's wrong with this guy?
mediaw971_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back