Roast Things that suck after a loss

Remove this Banner Ad

As I keep telling myself, it's times like these that will make our future success (it will happen one day) all that much more sweeter. Those who have stuck fat through the hard times will be the ones who enjoy premiership 11 the most! :thumbsu:

Good post - reading on social media after the game an alarming number of people who want to sack Hardwick 4 games into a season!

Some were even saying we should be moving to get Malthouse or Sheedy in! :eek::drunk:

Times like this, you want calm professionals in charge of the club, not those who might react to a bit of pressure.

The club and senior figures at the club all have a clear direction of where they want to go. I'm happy to keep backing them in at this stage.

They say you see the true character of someone when they are tested with adversity. We will see the new Richmond and how it responds in the coming weeks.

What a complete over reaction. I agree that this year is super disappointing and as each week goes by that this year is not looking favourable. But a decade. You can rebuild a club twice in that time frame.

Yep. Spud and Plough's tenures fit in 10 years... :eek:/:D

Seriously, people need to chill out. Expectation is a funny thing. Just be glad the club got off it's knees in '09 and we're now in a position where we expect to play finals.

What a complete over reaction. I agree that this year is super disappointing and as each week goes by that this year is not looking favourable. But a decade. You can rebuild a club twice in that time frame.
But can you rebuild the RFC in that time?

My Pies mate told me a few months ago that the only reason they won they flag was that they had 90% of their team in the best form of their careers at the right time of the season.

At the moment it looks like we have 90% of the team in the worst form of their careers. :drunk:

I don't understand the anger. Being upset because Richmond lose at the slightest hint of pressure. Is like getting upset because the sun sets in the West.

I thought it rose in the west and set in the east.....go figure

We've been good for 5 minutes in 25 years. That's atrocious for the amount of games I've been too. Don't even consider knocking my thread :cool:

Can you give us a graph?

We're just as bad as the team, we're a shambles, we're not supporting at all. We have the power as a group to lift the team more than the team itself. We don't have an atmosphere anymore.

There was a guy who tore into the staff at the interchange bench at half time, absolute ****head. Acting as if the game is over, at half time. Come on. The bronx cheers when Vickery got subbed...Disgraceful

We should all be hanging our heads in shame, I know I am. The team was disgraceful tonight there's no doubt about that, but we've got the easiest job, lift your game.

Vickery 2pos til when he was subbed off. You are right though should not bronx cheers. What we should do is stand and applaud as he comes off to how good he is. Oh wait my mistake :) Also to say the weather conditions played part in his performance is a joke continue to say that EVERY poor game he has.

Last edited:
We've been good for 5 minutes in 25 years. That's atrocious for the amount of games I've been too. Don't even consider knocking my thread :cool:

I am interested to hear if the 5 minutes you are referring to was a five minute block or has this 5 minutes been made up of smaller 1 minute moments of brilliance over the 25 years

Given the OP also labelled most of us pathetic because we don't attend all games like him and are no hard core enough, why does anyone give a s**t?

If he thinks the clubs is pathetic at least we won't have to put up with bullshit unsubstantiated claims on the membership thread anymore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It takes courage to stick to a long term plan when setbacks occur, it takes no courage to make change for the sake of change, just to be seen to be doing something, and to appease the vocal minority.
The overall position our club is in now, compared to any time over the last 30 years, is very strong.

It takes courage to stick to a long term plan when setbacks occur, it takes no courage to make change for the sake of change, just to be seen to be doing something, and to appease the vocal minority.
The overall position our club is in now, compared to any time over the last 30 years, is very strong.

Yep let's do nothing and accept mediocrity.

I don't want the coach sacked, but I do want him to put on notice that the team performance is completely unacceptable.

The leaders at the club will no full well their planned budget for the year will most likely not be met and crowds will be well down and merchandise sales will be low.

Hardwick and Gale (March to an extent, too) have turned this club around. The fact that we react so vehemently to a loss like tonight, and a start to the season like the one we've had, is testament to that.I am not sold on Hardwick being able to take us to the next rung, but Gale has already proven time and time again that he has changed the face of this club with a swift and brutal totality. He has been a God send. Those saying otherwise need to pull their heads in. Give Hardwick time and trust in Brendan. Our players right now are at a low ebb, but so many of those problems aren't coaching issues. They are form issues.I am sick of this reactionary bullshit coming out of here.Jump back in the crib.EDIT: MODS WHY WONT MY POSTS FORMAT PROPERLY ITS KILLING ME, IM AN ENGLISH TEACHER

Show us Hardwick's game plan (besides always playing his pet Vickery)?
There in itself is a prime example of Hardwick's flawed judgement call on footballing talent.
Gale allows Hardwick to persist with a non-existent game plan.
Gale has overseen AND TICKED OFF on Hardwick's extension.
We are stagnant. We have stalled.

Keep believing in the Tooth Fairy. It's a nicer world there than reality.

:rolleyes:

The club has been turned from a basket case to a successful OFF FIELD operation. Benny Gale, Dimma and everyone else need to be commended. The reward for Dimma is a deserved 2 year extension. The success "off the field" has not translated "on the field". We caught a glimpse, but the playing group are not responding. Dimma is now measured on the "on field" criteria.

The Hierarchy have been hugely successful. The playing group need to lift.

Good post - reading on social media after the game an alarming number of people who want to sack Hardwick 4 games into a season!

Some were even saying we should be moving to get Malthouse or Sheedy in! :eek::drunk:

Times like this, you want calm professionals in charge of the club, not those who might react to a bit of pressure.

The club and senior figures at the club all have a clear direction of where they want to go. I'm happy to keep backing them in at this stage.

They say you see the true character of someone when they are tested with adversity. We will see the new Richmond and how it responds in the coming weeks.

Four years going into five last time I looked. o_O

Your argument is mute.

(Psst.....this "new Richmond" you talk about now has a slow, predictable forwardline, a Captain who thinks the game is only played below his vision line, confused mids who don't know what the game plan is, and backs who play like deers in a headlight)

My Pies mate told me a few months ago that the only reason they won they flag was that they had 90% of their team in the best form of their careers at the right time of the season.

At the moment it looks like we have 90% of the team in the worst form of their careers. :drunk:

YES !!! YES !!!! YES!!!!!! Great posts, lets not go to jelly in the face of a little hardship. Hardship for a club is not just about onfield events, it's also about what goes on offield and we will learn a lot about the character of our coach and administration over the next month. They can set a very strong example to the playing group here or fold (a great opportunity is in front of us ), we can meet it head on and become a serious contender or start eating eachother ? I know what I want to see, once again we cannot do the same things (eat our own) and hope for different results. we draw a line and make our stand together.

We're just as bad as the team, we're a shambles, we're not supporting at all. We have the power as a group to lift the team more than the team itself. We don't have an atmosphere anymore.

There was a guy who tore into the staff at the interchange bench at half time, absolute ****head. Acting as if the game is over, at half time. Come on. The bronx cheers when Vickery got subbed...Disgraceful

We should all be hanging our heads in shame, I know I am. The team was disgraceful tonight there's no doubt about that, but we've got the easiest job, lift your game.

Oh, so the supporters lost 3 out of the first 4?

Cheers......we better train harder in the stands, run to space in the stands, provide options in the stands, gut run in the stands, and kick goals from the stands.

Got it!

Cheers......we better train harder in the stands, run to space in the stands, provide options in the stands, gut run in the stands, and kick goals from the stands.

Got it!

Lol.

Some of our fans have zero perception of reality.

I'm only giving 100%, I'll train harder and cheer louder and we will win the flag. Sorry chaps. My fault.

Got it!
So many of us turn up each week it's too crowded for that. :p

Didn't Deledio say our crowd is so loud it's distracting?

Lol. Such a funny post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back