Social Science Things we remember but do not exist now...

Remove this Banner Ad

Backyard trampolines that don't look like they are built for UFC cage fights.

All we had as kids was the frame , springs and the bouncing mat. We used to set it up between the house and the pool, climb on the roof and launch ourselves onto the tramp and into the pool. Sometimes we landed in the water and sometimes Mum drove us to the hospital.

'The X Files'. I had every episode recorded on VHS, until my Dad taped over them. :eek:

I Want To Believe.

That would have been a shitload of VHS tapes. Did he tape over all of them?

That would have been a shitload of VHS tapes. Did he tape over all of them?

I think so. There might still be one or two kicking around somewhere. You can probably get the series on DVD now, anyhow, so I wasn't too worried about it. Are you a fan?

I think so. There might still be one or two kicking around somewhere. You can probably get the series on DVD now, anyhow, so I wasn't too worried about it. Are you a fan?

Can't say I was but I remember being pissed off when someone would tape over a VHS tape. Then remembered how little you could fit on one tape, how long that show ran for so it would have had to have been a lot of tapes. Fair effort of your dads to have taped over I'm guessing 20+ tapes

Can't say I was but I remember being pissed off when someone would tape over a VHS tape. Then remembered how little you could fit on one tape, how long that show ran for so it would have had to have been a lot of tapes. Fair effort of your dads to have taped over I'm guessing 20+ tapes

IIrc I used to record on 'Long Play'. I think the show ran for about 8 years...

They won a couple (but finished last I think) in BB1, none in BB2 and so far none in BB3, to my knowledge.

Correct, they won their first two matches and have lost their next 18 straight. Giving the Heart a run for their money.

They're still available, but mainly in New Zealand :(

The Pinky Bars I remember were different. They were around when I was a kid, so in the 80's. They were a flat choccy bar like a Cadbury Furry Friends (the ones with the native animals on them) and they were just plain pink-coloured chocolate. They were named 'Pinky' after the little white mouse that used to feature on the label.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I miss VHS. Sure s**t quality, but it least it never skipped or froze.

Had some good football matches on video as well, including the Footy replay of the 1994 Prelim final. IIRC, I think I wore out that tape. :)

Those were the good old days. s**t quality, yes, but we had nothing to compare it to, so we didn't know any better! The first movie I ever saw on video was 'The Dark Crystal'. I loved that movie. I think I might have some 'Roos games on video, too, now that you mention it...

Those were the good old days. s**t quality, yes, but we had nothing to compare it too, so we didn't know any better! The first movie I ever saw on video was 'The Dark Crystal'. I loved that movie. I think I might have some 'Roos games on video, too, now that you mention it...

Yeah, I have a few of my most favourite games (as well as my first ever match- MCG 93 v Essendon), from "name a game" in Richmond. They weren't cheap either back then like $40 a match I think!

The first movie I think I ever saw on video was The Big Steal. It wasnt even our video player tho, it was my grandma's and she was overseas at the time, so we took it while she was gone. How hopeless is that?? :oops:

Smelly pens. Not the Smiggle type-rubbish you get nowadays, I mean the pack of six pens that were all the rage in the 80's: Purple (Grape), Pink (Strawberry), Green (Mint?), Blue (Blueberry), Orange (um, Orange), Yellow (Lemon). They were the bomb back in Grades 2-4.

daze3yhe.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back