Social Science Things we remember but do not exist now...

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 5, 2004
FAR WEST SYDNEY
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sturt, West Perth
Yeah, I have a few of my most favourite games (as well as my first ever match- MCG 93 v Essendon), from "name a game" in Richmond. They weren't cheap either back then like $40 a match I think!

The first movie I think I ever saw on video was The Big Steal. It wasnt even our video player tho, it was my grandma's and she was overseas at the time, so we took it while she was gone. How hopeless is that?? :oops:

Loved that movie. Claudia Karvan...........praise be

quickstraw

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2001
E-Girls
I always laugh when Brynne comes out with the tackiest ensembles imaginable at social events and all the other women patronise her and act all polite and s**t. In their heads they're calculating that everyone knows how bad Brynne dresses and everyone will look upon them as they are graceful and not a bitch.

Brynne has got her leg up and her little nest egg. Good pay for a few years work.

RoOGrrrl

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor
May 18, 2013
Truth or Consequences
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Brashs is going back a long while now, 15 years or so.

Too right, I used to buy all my vinyl there. :thumbsu:

Just jokes, the last thing I can remember buying at Brash's was Paul Kelly's 'Songs from the South':
Songs_from_the_south.jpg

Music shops in general. :( It's all iTunes now. I have an iPod, and use it a hell of a lot, but there's nothing romantic about it. Bring back the mixtape. :thumbsu:
Music streaming is great. If you are on Telstra I'd thoroughly recommend you check out MOG, $13 a month and it gives you access to fifteen odd million songs, unmetered so you can play them through your phone without chewing through your download allowance. I'm back to buying vinyl only now.

RoOGrrrl

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor
May 18, 2013
Truth or Consequences
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Music streaming is great. If you are on Telstra I'd thoroughly recommend you check out MOG, $13 a month and it gives you access to fifteen odd million songs, unmetered so you can play them through your phone without chewing through your download allowance. I'm back to buying vinyl only now.

Thanks for the tip, Gough. I buy a combination of songs downloaded from iTunes/banditfm - just for my iPod for walking, exercise, etc; CD's that I listen to in the car, and a bit of vinyl when I can find forgotten gems at Op-shop's, garage sales.

Vinyl has so more depth of sound the digital medium. I got my parents record collection in their divorce so I've got a whole lot of old great old stuff from the 60s, including my old man's Dylan albums with sleeve notes in Portugese because Smithy didn't like ol Minnesota mud throat and banned him Rhodesia, so they all had to be bought in from Mozambique. Same with some of the Dave Brubeck records.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vinyl has so more depth of sound the digital medium. I got my parents record collection in their divorce so I've got a whole lot of old great old stuff from the 60s, including my old man's Dylan albums with sleeve notes in Portugese because Smithy didn't like ol Minnesota mud throat and banned him Rhodesia, so they all had to be bought in from Mozambique. Same with some of the Dave Brubeck records.

I wish this happened to me... Dad kept it and then sold heaps of them. I was shattered. So many Elvis records gone :(

Music shops in general. :( It's all iTunes now. I have an iPod, and use it a hell of a lot, but there's nothing romantic about it. Bring back the mixtape. :thumbsu:

Hahaha I agree. Altho I must admit, my car still has a cassette deck, so I still have mix tapes actually :oops:

I also miss the days where you took photos on a camera, and couldnt see what you had just taken. It was exciting getting photos processed and picking them up. Like you said, no more romance, that is all dead due to digital cameras.

And FWIW, my old camera took better photos than the digital camera I have now. :rolleyes:

Rooz90

All Australian
Mar 30, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Melbourne City
North Geelong and Ballarat ones are still around, in fact I think the Ballarat one might be new

Well there you go. As soon as i read the Bi-Lo post those annoying NQR ads came into my my mind. Had no idea there was a couple around still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back