Beauty & Style Things where cheap isnt an option?

Remove this Banner Ad

Milk. None of the Coles/Safeway brand white water. Pauls is where its at.
Bread. Bakery usually, but can deal with the more expensive supermarket bread (tip top, wonderwhite)
Coffee. For the home it's moccona or **** off. People that drink international roast confuse and scare me.
Jocks. A poor pair of jocks is bound to ruin your day.
Meat. Butchers meat only for steaks roasts etc.
Socks. I have a real thing for socks and having them on properly and comfortable. I get irritated when my socks slip out of place.

There is probably heaps more I can't think of.
Milk tastes the same.

I'm a tightarse. I buy cheap everything.

Footy Boots/Running Shoes: Yes there's a budget involved (usually $60-80 does the trick, if they're discounted from above $100 even better) but I'm not looking for no name crap from the $20 bin.
Airfares: Gold Virgin Velocity member for a reason. Have had hopeless experiences with Tiger and Jetstar (arguably Jetstar are worse). If I want to skimp on transport costs then I can put up with the bus or train.

Runners should match your feet, regardless of how much they cost. I had a pair of Adidas runners (not sure how much they cost, $100 or so) which were comfortable as hell to walk in but offered no support running/playing sports. Consequently if I ran in them too much I'd need to ice my shins. I now have a pair of New Balance and have never had an issue. They were $140 and money well spent.

Airfares are dependent on when/where you're going. Flights within continental Europe or Melbourne to Sydney etc. who gives a s**t if you don't get silver service - you're in the terminal longer than you're on the plane anyway. If you're flying long haul then it's a different equation. It's also never worth saving $10 or $20 to get the cheapest flight when it gets in at 1am or something and you have to get stopover accommodation etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a good comfortable pair of dress shoes. went through a period where i had no option but to buy $20 Kmart shoes, and they fell apart after 3 months

about 12 months ago, i purchased a good pair of hugo boss shoes. wear them every day, look as good as they did the day i bought them

People saying razor blades are crazy. Packet of blades for a double edged razor for $2 >>>>>>> $20 safety razor cartridges. In both quality of shave and price.

People saying razor blades are crazy. Packet of blades for a double edged razor for $2 >>>>>>> $20 safety razor cartridges. In both quality of shave and price.

Really? I've never used those cheap disposable razors but I always presumed it'd be like shaving with a carrot.

What are you guys talking about? The sickest sunnies are $2, look like something a slip from the 1999 Australian cricket team would wear, and are available at your local Shell or BP
I like sunglasses that actually filter out the sun and protect my eyes

Really? I've never used those cheap disposable razors but I always presumed it'd be like shaving with a carrot.
Not disposable, these:
detail_39_MK_1008.gif

The actual razor can set you back a bit, but there's no need to buy an expensive one. Mine was $25 or something. Blades are incredibly cheap, and you just use one for a few shaves, then replace it.
Far superior to the cartridge ones in my experience.

Not disposable, these:
detail_39_MK_1008.gif

The actual razor can set you back a bit, but there's no need to buy an expensive one. Mine was $25 or something. Blades are incredibly cheap, and you just use one for a few shaves, then replace it.
Far superior to the cartridge ones in my experience.

There's about a 99% chance I would cut off something important :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back