Society & Culture Things you do/did that you probably think no one else does

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I come up to a T intersection (signed or unsigned) I like to stop, indicate which direction I'm going and look both ways before making the turn.

Anyone else here like to wash their feet before bed?

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ever since I was a kid, whenever I'm sitting down on the couch in front of the telly, I always have so have something on my lap or in my hand(s). Usually a cushion or pillow, but if need be a rolled up jacket, a plate, coffee cup, stubbie etc. Anything to rest my hands on or keep them occupied. It was only recently I realised how naked I feel if I don't have said object. Weird I know.

I make a conscious effort to breathe out/hold my breath as I walk past strangers when waking down the street.

The first reason is to 'push away' any breath they are exhaling in case they have some sort of contagious illness. The second is to avoid smelling them as they walk past.

It's a weird little thing I'll often do especially in places like a packed shopping centre complex.

I make a conscious effort to breathe out/hold my breath as I walk past strangers when waking down the street.

The first reason is to 'push away' any breath they are exhaling in case they have some sort of contagious illness. The second is to avoid smelling them as they walk past.

It's a weird little thing I'll often do especially in places like a packed shopping centre complex.

Haha, how do you even go to any major shopping centre?! You'd never be able to take a breath!

It's not like a life-changing OCD tick that controls my life or anything.

It's usually only when I am forced to walked right next to someone coming the opposite direction.

People smell and are unhygenic and I to avoid the strange smells they make by doing this.

Sometimes though, I will hold my breath for a few seconds if I have to past a number of people consecutively, which can lead to the point of it being a little uncomfortable (I'm not walking down the street grasping for air or anything), it's so subtle you would not notice I'm doing anything different than going about my business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back