Society & Culture Things you do/did that you probably think no one else does

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael-Scott-What-reaction-gifrific.gif

Great read, albeit spoken of well beyond what it actually is.

Didn't mean in a critical sense.

I just don't know that many people that have been exposed to it, people around my age anyway.

Didn't mean in a critical sense.

I just don't know that many people that have been exposed to it, people around my age anyway.
It's a seminal text, in terms of modern American writing, I would have it up there with Grapes of Wrath, To Kill a Mockingbird, Catch 22, Catcher in the Rye and Farenheight 451. I'm not sure how you could avoid being exposed to it.

I know its not just the African Americans who talk/yell at the Movies/TV, but I do it on a bigger level.

When I watch TV shows I find myself arguing with the choices that characters make, and sometimes find myself annoyed by it, even though I know it's just a TV show.
Dear Die Hard, You rock. Especially when that guy was on the roof. PS: Do you know Mad Max?

timtamWB What are you studying for, heading toward?

I can't believe I thought I'd heard all of bitter sweet Symphony, was listening to it today, and heard something I'd never heard before. (0:39-0:45) Blew my mind :D
I'm doing an audio production degree, hoping to go into recording or live sound, not sure which yet. I also like film sound... just all of it is awesome :D There are a few different paths.

You mean the spectral sort of rising and falling sound in the background? I hadn't heard that til you pointed it out! Pretty cool :D There was something similar in Wonderwall near the end of the song, a guitar riff comes in that I only heard the other day. Those overplayed songs you don't notice the little intricacies because of the fact they're so overplayed that you just ignore most of the subtleties and focus on the melody/what's in the forefront.

Does anyone else prefer deathly silence when watching TV - sports or TV shows - with friends/relatives.

FFS I do not want to hear about your crackpot theory of what the player is doing wrong. I want to hear what the professional commentators have to say.

Absolute worst is people who roll the 'oh you just have to watch this bit' endleslly through a TV show.

Disagree - I would say I know about said sport than 95% of the people I watch sport with so they can just shut their trap :)
Yeah people need to STFU when I'm watching a TV show. If it's sport and they're talking about the match (ie what they think team A is trying to do) then it is ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else prefer deathly silence when watching TV - sports or TV shows - with friends/relatives.

FFS I do not want to hear about your crackpot theory of what the player is doing wrong. I want to hear what the professional commentators have to say.

Absolute worst is people who roll the 'oh you just have to watch this bit' endleslly through a TV show.
For tv shows, yes. When watching sport, it depends on who it is. If it's with someone who's really knowledgeable about the game, it makes it a lot it better. If it's just someone who complains about the umpires the whole time, then no :D

At least if Dwayne Russell is commentating you can have a pretty good idea of what cliches he's using. I'm still not convinced that he's a real person and not just a monkey clicking buttons on a soundboard.
"Gives it some shoe" "Off the deck" "Shorts it" "Can get and go" "From the paint" "That's a gem" "Umpire says no"

Any other adults ( I use that term loosely) kick around the soft little footy and use the doors as goals? I've been practising quite a bit lately :p
Footy season favourite, until the dog got in and decided she liked my room and chewed up my little footy :(

Any other adults ( I use that term loosely) kick around the soft little footy and use the doors as goals? I've been practising quite a bit lately :p

Absolutely. Me and my brother used to have goal kicking competitions with the soft footy and doorways. You were allowed 4 kicks: 1 drop punt, 1 banana, 1 snap, and 1 opposite foot. Highest score wins

Absolutely. Me and my brother used to have goal kicking competitions with the soft footy and doorways. You were allowed 4 kicks: 1 drop punt, 1 banana, 1 snap, and 1 opposite foot. Highest score wins
Drop punts are always the hardest to keep straight with the little ball. Bananas are a piece of cake though!

Sometimes if I hit my hand or knee on something, I'll have to hit my other hand/knee on it to even it out. I don't do it as much as I used to when I was younger though. Back then, if I even brushed my hand across my face to get rid of a fly, I'd have to do it with the other hand as well.

This actually plagued me for about three years when I was a youngster (10 years old or so). My body would feel unbalanced if I didn't "even things up". Sometimes I'd run back 50 metres to step on a crack with the opposite foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back