Society & Culture Things you do/did that you probably think no one else does

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother is a dental nurse and she would always make us brush our teeth twice a day.

Now, I have such a bad habit that I brush twice a day but also keep toothbrushes to almost every location I frequent e.g. work, friends house, girlfriends, car, bedroom and bathroom for whenever necessary.

stu-is-a-dentist-not-a-doctor.jpg

I walk around the house while brushing my teeth. Like to watch tv or just wander because otherwise I get bored and do a half arsed job.
Yeah I have to put something on for me to watch while I brush otherwise it's too ******* boring (the reason in the first place why I delay it).

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
I walk around the house while brushing my teeth. Like to watch tv or just wander because otherwise I get bored and do a half arsed job.
My mum gets absolutely furious at this because I am spreading germs around the house as specks of toothpaste and saliva will fly out onto every object.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
When at a friends place in the suburbs or my folks place i prefer to wee outside in the backyard.

Whenever I arrive home I pee in the yard before going inside. Why waste water?

Nov 24, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Whenever I arrive home I pee in the yard before going inside. Why waste water?

Haha, yeah I do that too. I also relieve myself in the same spot in the backyard before heading to work each morning. In fact, just in general I would urinate outside far more often that I do in a toilet - even if I have to walk past a toilet to get outside. Not sure why - it's not about saving water for me, there's just something about pissing outside. I'm told it's not very ladylike, but * that right?

I can never have a fap the night before a cricket match.
I know a girl who reckons her boyfriend once refused to, well, copulate with her for an entire week leading up to his basketball grand final. Was convinced it would drain his testosterone or something.

Sounds pretty stupid to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 13, 2012
Waiting for Josh Kelly #2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I associate things I do or have done on weekends with the days footy games happened.

For example, I would have no idea if you asked me what I did on the night of the 24th of May this year, but if you asked me what I did the night Port played Hawthorn on 24/5 this year, I could tell you that I was at a party or whatever.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
I associate things I do or have done on weekends with the days footy games happened.

For example, I would have no idea if you asked me what I did on the night of the 24th of May this year, but if you asked me what I did the night Port played Hawthorn on 24/5 this year, I could tell you that I was at a party or whatever.

Has your birthday ever fallen on any significant games or noteworthy games?

Aug 13, 2012
Waiting for Josh Kelly #2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Has your birthday ever fallen on any significant games or noteworthy games?

The last time I went to an AFL game on my actual birthday was in 2011 against Fremantle with my dad. Our car broke down on the way to Melbourne, so we had to borrow my sister's, and it was a stinking hot day. We won by 99 points.

Previous to that, 2004 against the Western Bulldogs. Defender Matthew Croft kicked five goals in his last game and they beat us by that exact margin. We went into the rooms after the match and, because I was crying due to the loss, we were invited in to mingle with the players.

I'd think that's pretty common, really.

BALKAN

Cancelled
Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Aug 23, 2013
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Lots of people do this, but it's probably quite rare for people my age (23).

I love watches. I won't spend more than 250ish on a night out, any amount of money on a playstation etc or 4-500 bucks on a TV or a smartphone like most gen Ys, but I'll happily drop a grand or 2 on a quality automatic watch that really takes my fancy.

Hell the other day I seriously considered buying a GMT master II 11670 BLNR before deciding against.

All this for a timepiece that is less accurate than a $10 quartz watch.

What watch would you recommend for a first-time watch buyer? Something stylish but with poverty prices.

Simple Jack

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Webber, Ricciardo, NE Patriots
What watch would you recommend for a first-time watch buyer? Something stylish but with poverty prices.
Depends what style/movement you want but you can't go wrong with a good Japanese brand like Citizen (excellent customer service in my experience), Seiko or even Casio.

Those brands will get you something stylish and good quality for <$200-300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back