Society & Culture Things you do/did that you probably think no one else does

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
As a male in my early 40's living by myself, I do about 10-15 minutes of housework each morning before I go to work.
Amazing how much time it saves me over the weekend so I can actually get out and do things, rather than being stuck at home.

How does one make 10-15 minutes worth of house work each day living by themselves? or do i really want to know...

04 Durif

All Australian
Jun 6, 2011
Albury
AFL Club
Carlton
I suffer from insomnia and have certain routines that i need to do or I can't sleep.

My routine before I can sleep

a.30 minutes of reading that's not on a screen.
b.10 minutes of stretching
c.Open and close my door 20 times so fresh air comes into my room (room lacks ventilation)
d.Wet my feet 10 minutes before I sleep
e.fresh made bed
f. Have gone to the toilet 10 minutes before

The annoying thing is if I don't fall asleep within 10 minutes I have to do part d and e again

life's a bitch
Do you also wash your hands a certain number of times?
Turn the lights in and off ?

Vapor

All Australian
Aug 12, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
I work in office and can finish at 5pm on the dot most days (when we're not too busy).

My iPhone is normally at about 45-60% battery by early-mid afternoon. I have a thing where I'll try to time the start of my phone charging so it reaches 100% at precisely 5pm or as close as possible. Managed to get to 99% at 5pm today which was pretty good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MrNatural

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers
When in a car driving or a passenger, i imagine a car coming in the other direction is in a race with my car to a specific finish line, such as a sign.
My car always seems to win the battle.
It's almost an OCD kinda thing because i can't help but not do it

when i wear sunglasses i pretend im in my own little world where no one can see me despite driving my car. i can do whatever i want in my car and everyone else only sees my car driving itself.

in my childs room its a partial mess. toys, structures sitting randomly. i imagine i have all of my old toys - he men, transformers, voltron - in my possession and set them up using the larger structures (i.e. castle, cubby house) as their bases. i make sure every nook and cranny is protected to make sure the enemy finds no passage to invade.

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I over think stuff. The other day i saw a car at the supermarket like my mums, i thought no it couldnt be hers, the roof looks different. But maybe im wrong, or maybe she got them changed, nah thats stupid, then i saw the car drive by, and i said it might be, no it cant, different people. But maybe someoneone else is driving it etc..... i do this often

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
On games such as FIFA world cup 2010, 2014 etc. I make my own Asian Cup/qualifying tournaments, do my own draws, write up my own fixtures etc. and keep the results written down in a scrap book. I'm currently playing as the USA in qualification for the 2014 WC, and writing the results down. I've even designed a whole world cup qualfying campaign for Asia, Africa and Europe.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
On games such as FIFA world cup 2010, 2014 etc. I make my own Asian Cup/qualifying tournaments, do my own draws, write up my own fixtures etc. and keep the results written down in a scrap book. I'm currently playing as the USA in qualification for the 2014 WC, and writing the results down. I've even designed a whole world cup qualfying campaign for Asia, Africa and Europe.

Looking forward to seeing your blog.

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle

I do this in sports games

Ashton Agar

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 20, 2013
Test Cricket
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
LIVERPOOL, Sydney FC, Nottm Forest
I do this. I made my own FA Cup on FIFA 14 once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back