Thirds 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dingley v Mount Waverley: Dingley too strong, 14 goals
CH v Dragons: CH at home by less than 10 points
EH v South Yarra: If EH turn up for once, South Yarra (but who cares?)
Cobras v Cerberus: Cerberus in a tough one, fitness will be too much for Cobras, 4 goals
Dandenong v Sandown: Sandown in a physical challenge, 9 goals
Cheltenham v Skye: Skye in a walk over, 16 goals
Clayton v Dragons 4's: Clayton by 5 goals
Highett v Doveton: Highett to run all over them, 18 goals.

Goodluck to all

Let's get this moving again. been pretty quiet on here.
Ladder looks very interesting now with the surprise results over the past few weeks. Top 7 looks very tight. Dingley have won 10 on the trot with their only loss to the dragons in round 1. They must be starting to gel. Other than that, looks pretty wide open. Will be extremely unlucky for any of the current top 7 to miss finals with the format staying at top 5. Thoughts?

Even with the unevenness of the draw, 2-7 is pretty open. A couple of us might get hurt by percentage though, not getting to play Doveton or Endeavor hills has made it tough for a couple of us. Lots of the top sides playing each other over the next few weeks, so we might get more of an idea how we're all placed. Sides 2-7 HAVE to be on every week. Which is good I guess.

Next couple weeks should be good and top 3 should be clear with at least 4 clubs fighting for the remaining 2 spots. As I said earlier in the year though, with the easy draw some clubs have, I don't think the 5 best teams will be playing finals

Some interesting results on the weekend... Worked out pretty well for us. Gonna assume the Dingoes had a few out as they turned their toes up pretty quickly. Not something you usually see from a side thats only lost 1 game for the year. The battle is still on for spots 3-5.

A pretty basic question I'll leave here, I've been thinking about playing AFL for some time now, and I was wondering in these lower leagues of the SFL is it just a sort of walk up and pay your money thing and you get to play or are they a bit more tight with who they let in and who they don't? As you can tell I'm a complete novice in the way of this but I live around Heatherton/Cheltenham and I know they have clubs so I thought why not ask around Bigfooty and see what you guys have to say

A pretty basic question I'll leave here, I've been thinking about playing AFL for some time now, and I was wondering in these lower leagues of the SFL is it just a sort of walk up and pay your money thing and you get to play or are they a bit more tight with who they let in and who they don't? As you can tell I'm a complete novice in the way of this but I live around Heatherton/Cheltenham and I know they have clubs so I thought why not ask around Bigfooty and see what you guys have to say

Hey mate, I was in your position pretty much and decided to take the plunge this season. I guess it depends on the club really, but from what I've seen most teams struggle to get a bench of 4 at times. In this comp there isn't a cap on players on the bench that I know of, at times we've had 8 on the bench (especially at the start of the season) but other times we've only had 2. I'm sure that if you pay your fees you will get plenty game time in the thirds at the majority of the clubs.

Also from memory I don't think Heatherton has a thirds side at the moment, but Cheltenham do

Cheers kwanga that's good to know, I wouldn't mind playing AFL at some point as I always felt like I missed out as a kid not playing auskick being too busy with Baseball. Heatherton are very close to me but it'd be a shame having to wear black and white stripes so I guess if I ever get a move on it probably will be with Cheltenham :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do Dingley a favour will you and knock off Sandown. Dingley have 2 forfeits in the last 2 rounds and can't improve our percentage to get top spot

i always thought with a forfeit, that the winning team received the highest score kicked for the round and the forfeiting team received whatever the lowest score kicked was. Unless the sfl have changed this..
top 5 is still extremely tight. any of the top 7 teams to miss will be extremely unlucky.

Nope...Sth Yarra forfeited against us 2 weeks ago, which would've been the 1st time for the year we played any of the bottom sides. But only got the 4 points, no %

Sorry Rhino...Sandown too good for us on the weekend. Handled the conditions far better than we did. Moved the ball beautifully with a wet ball. Where as we fumbled.. panicked. Disposed of it terribly.

Was good to finally have a look at them up close before finals time though.

Final 5 won't be finalised until after this week. Only 2 sides are certain I think. You'd think it's will be Cerberus v Dingley & Us v Either Highett or Dragons in the 1st week of the finals.

Do Dingley a favour will you and knock off Sandown. Dingley have 2 forfeits in the last 2 rounds and can't improve our percentage to get top spot
Very comical scenes at Dingley saturday when Sth Yarra thirds turned up to play Dingley and the only person there was the Dingley president. It seems Dingley expected South Yarra to forfeit(and didnt ask sth yarra or the sfl) but they had enough for the game and drove down for the game. Sth yarra 4 points Dingley 0!! i wonder if they sung the Song its been a long year for the yarras lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back