This club is the best in the world, bar none you flogs!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes it was Graham Arthur.

In typical Dunstall manner, he was gone from the stage faster than Rioli in traffic. Such is his persona, the last thing he would want is to be seen as part of the moment, even though he's had so much to do with the recent success of this great club.

It just shows the strength of his character when others, such as Bob Skilton, who wouldn't get off the stage - held the cup as if it was his own and then claim it as being the best moment in his life.

Yeah, I've always been disappointed the club never authorized a Jason Dunstall DVD mapping highlights of his career, but I guess JD didn't want it done. It's doubly annoying because people such as Warwick Capper had one done.

Just on Skilts, I guess it would be easier for JD to behave in the manner he did, having played in 4 flags himself, but Skilts was starved of any team success his entire life, and when one came along I can understand him wanting to be involved.

Happy with your Dunstall comment.
BUT
Geeeee that's rough on Skilton.
Skilton only played in 1 final (from memory) - certainly was not involved in any Grand Final and I think it probably was his finest team moment.

Fair point. Maybe it's just my hate for Sydney in general slipping through the cracks.

We all make bad calls

I'll forgive Tige

One thing I have to say - he does seem to have a lot of 'the sky is falling' moments on this forum. Reminds me of our Prelim Final game day thread. I gotta hand it to him though, he sucked in Tigers supporters to ridicule themselves yet again in their feeble attempts to compare their club against ours. Hmm... maybe that was his intention in the first place? Genius!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - there would of been more than Tige questioning the appointment.

More amusing are the Richmond faithful. The irony is them ending up with a clarko disciple as their coach

View attachment 91422

Preachin to the choir AH.....This picture pretty much says it all bout the olde 'Plough'....He would often strut past me at the old Princess Park before a match in his leather hip hugging pants & jacket with the :cool:aura, gait & manner of a 'rock star'!

Still recall his comments about the 2004 Draft. About how significant it was in defining the next 10 Years for Richmond going forwards....He wasn't wrong!o_O

In the meantime....Clarko kept a low-media profile & his mouth shut, & nabbed 3 guns who would lead us to that self-same promised land, of which Wallet had promised the Tigers faithful!

Karma Baby, Karma!....Clarko delivered on what Wallet could only promise!...Substance over Methane!:D
Who are these people?

View attachment 91422

Preachin to the choir AH.....This picture pretty much says it all bout the olde 'Plough'....He would often strut past me at the old Princess Park before a match in his leather hip hugging pants & jacket with the aura, gait & manner of a 'rock star'!

Still recall his comments about the 2004 Draft. About how significant it was in defining the next 10 Years for Richmond going forwards....He wasn't wrong!o_O

In the meantime....Clarko kept a low-media profile & his mouth shut, & nabbed 3 guns who would lead us to that self-same promised land, of which Wallet had promised the Tigers faithful!

Karma Baby, Karma!....Clarko delivered on what Wallet could only promise!...Substance over Methane!:D

That photo is a virtual who's who of recruiting blunders. I know it's been done to death, but their recruiting that year (and the next couple of years), given they had an unprecedented collection of 1st round picks, still has to be seen to be believed. It'd probably be long-forgotten if their entire club hadn't fallen over each other to jump into Hawk fans about how they'd cleaned up so extraordinarily...at our expense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - where the club was assassinated to make the unusual choice of "Clarkson" when better candidates were available by the media and opposition supporters as well as some of our own.
But the club can be seen to be going with a well researched decision, which they had weighed up (and no one would of been privy to the criteria the coaching selection panel was using), and the media just went with there darlings.
When looking at this from what has occurred over last few decade - we go down the Ross Lyon appointment at StKilda - he was no where near the favorite and is considered a very good coach now (even with no premierships), again media missed that one. Ken Hinkley was seen as the last man standing for the Port job and derided as such - now they cant stop singing his praises.
Its like when the media gets it wrong they then bag it without knowledge of why one was selected, the criteria etc.
A couple of times in recent years media were falling all over past champions coming back to coach without even doing an apprenticeship - Hird/Voss - one has been sacked, they other is in the middle of one of the biggest if not biggest scandal a club has been involved in - both started as media darlings.

It appears that IDGAF is so concerned about the appointment of Wallace to Richmond that he NEEDS to justify it by getting a response from Hawthorn fans.

We'll here's another response, to back up Grendel's (which I have quoted for repetition as it sinks in better that way), to help you feel better.

THANK YOU FOR HIRING WALLACE AND KEEPING HIM AWAY FROM HAWTHORN.

Under-rated post!:thumbsu:

You hang around these boards long enough and you'll inevitably embarrass yourself with a howler.

But **** me, you'd be doing well to top this...

Perhaps there are indeed alternative dimensions?

One where Terry Wallace is a three-time premiership coach for the Tigers. And Tambling a Brownlow Medalist.

In another, the world is made of cheese and we're counting the years down until the mice finally eat us into oblivion.

That's why Hawks supporters have some of the worst ratings here on BigFooty.
This Tige to start this thread how bad must he be feeling:rolleyes:
Still remember the day Clarko got appointed & that Douche Quatermain was pissed off so bad *******
Love how the Mighty Hawks make everyone look stupid!

Fact adelaide Hawk : Eade and Wallace were by far the best two candidates out there.

Fact: Hawthorn pursued both of them but were beaten to the punch.

Fact: In both of Ayres appointments he inherited lists that were top 4 material when he walked in there , rabble when he left .

Fact : Wallace walked into a team that were consistently a basket case only to have them , from nothing , a NTTAWWTteenth away from a grand final within two years , all this with only being able to use 90% of the salary cap

Fact : Richmond spent 5 weeks researching and interviewing candidates , and eventually appointing Wallace .Hardly a hasty decision.

Soon to be fact : Dermott is going to ruin your footy club , and i`m not just being a smart- a..e
Wow.... Just wow....
Fact: You want to swap with us right about now.

How is Terry going these days?
To everyone bagging Terry - you are all closed minded. Terry's plan was more successful than anything Clarko has ever done. Terry planned to have copious amounts of cash in his bank account in 5 years. It took 3. SUCCESSFUL beyond belief.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back