This club is the best in the world, bar none you flogs!

Remove this Banner Ad

lol, I am kinda getting over seeing my posts quoted to be perfectly honest. I look like the right fool, I know this.

As pacman suggested above, it's all just a bit of fun. You should enjoy the notoriety and milk it for what it's worth. lol.

no biggy mate, you showed passion and voiced an opinion.
I have no problem with that at all, there are plenty worse than you but at the end of the day we really all just want what is best for our footy club.

I'm sure you're enjoying this ride as much as the next hawks supporter.

I grew up through the 80s, then experienced our decline in the 90s before being flirted with in 2001 so come 2003/2004 I was like a 30 year old Virgin in the playboy house. I was angry.

I hear you tige19, I had never, not ever, got worked up enough about anything hawk related until I think it was 2004 when they played port across in SA and copped an absolute shellacking. I don't mind losing, my god, by that point we were used to it, but to rollover and capitulate that day like we did SO got my blood boiling that I fired off an email to the club telling them exactly what I thought of the club and players - I even spoke of not renewing my membership. I wasn't abusive or anything like that but questioned their pride in the jumper and respect for supporters and the club they played for :$ Not my finest hour i admit but I am a passionate supporter - I did feel embarrassed after that though and learnt to wait 48 hours before sending an email. I have sent two since and surprisingly both this year - one in relation to my perspective of the club treatment of Brian lake and the other is the horrendous inclusion of the colour blue in the club shirts - they were though far more balanced and thought out than the very first :D

I hear you tige19, I had never, not ever, got worked up enough about anything hawk related until I think it was 2004 when they played port across in SA and copped an absolute shellacking. I don't mind losing, my god, by that point we were used to it, but to rollover and capitulate that day like we did SO got my blood boiling that I fired off an email to the club telling them exactly what I thought of the club and players - I even spoke of not renewing my membership. I wasn't abusive or anything like that but questioned their pride in the jumper and respect for supporters and the club they played for :$ Not my finest hour i admit but I am a passionate supporter - I did feel embarrassed after that though and learnt to wait 48 hours before sending an email. I have sent two since and surprisingly both this year - one in relation to my perspective of the club treatment of Brian lake and the other is the horrendous inclusion of the colour blue in the club shirts - they were though far more balanced and thought out than the very first :D

Haha mate I'm hearing you, I used to get so depressed everytime we played North through the 90s and early 2000s. It was like our guys were the year 7s playing against the year 12s, we just rolled over and got smoked religiously.

I've never sent an email to the club but when I was younger I used to get quite shitty and emotional when we got regularly beaten.

So much of my early BF materiel was pre life responsibility and career and firmly in the rat bag, night club junkie and hooker rooting jock stage haha. Glad I've retired from playing and now live a less stimulated and warped life.

Is this the type of thread you got disappointed with me as mod not closing down tige19? Go give Dylan's "My Back Pages" a listen. (Byrd's version is better). Fwiw, stuff you were writing like this on the net a decade or so back. Well, it's close to what I was feeling a decade previous (leading into 1996) except there wasn't an internet (or not like the internet is all pervasive as it is now) to explode over what looked like a directionless Club and a bleak looking future. But one thing to close, aintcha glad we signed Clarkson now though. ;)

Ah the memories.
Who wants to play
"Clarko won me over when...."

Very early for me when he cut out the dead wood dragging us through mediocrity, gave crawf the boot as captain and sent everitt packing as soon as he could (after one failed attempt. Thanks roosy).

Its there for everyone to see, yet alot of people still have forgivness for this crap.

We have let the 2 best candidates slip through our fingers to coach the club, for gods sake they have gone to the Bulldogs and Tigers what the hell does it say for our rabble of a joint.
It is all getting more and more pathetic bye the day and we are fast becoming the most laughed at club in the modern era of football.

I know ill get alot of your always negative replys to this topic and alot of excuses because thats what alot of you always do MAKE BLOODY EXCUSES it is well past the time the supporters have to rip into the club and have some voice and let the club know that this situation the club has got ITSELF in is no longer goping to be tolerated.

Please guys get some balls about your self and stand up for what we deserves more than anything 'Success'.

cheers
I love how you got a few likes for this rant at the time.

Fact adelaide Hawk : Eade and Wallace were by far the best two candidates out there.

Fact: Hawthorn pursued both of them but were beaten to the punch.

Fact: In both of Ayres appointments he inherited lists that were top 4 material when he walked in there , rabble when he left .

Fact : Wallace walked into a team that were consistently a basket case only to have them , from nothing , a NTTAWWTteenth away from a grand final within two years , all this with only being able to use 90% of the salary cap

Fact : Richmond spent 5 weeks researching and interviewing candidates , and eventually appointing Wallace .Hardly a hasty decision.

Soon to be fact : Dermott is going to ruin your footy club , and i`m not just being a smart- a..e
tumblr_la3ez2S3Fv1qc2d3ro1_500.jpg

Is this the type of thread you got disappointed with me as mod not closing down tige19? Go give Dylan's "My Back Pages" a listen. (Byrd's version is better). Fwiw, stuff you were writing like this on the net a decade or so back. Well, it's close to what I was feeling a decade previous (leading into 1996) except there wasn't an internet (or not like the internet is all pervasive as it is now) to explode over what looked like a directionless Club and a bleak looking future. But one thing to close, aintcha glad we signed Clarkson now though. ;)
Grendel, I'm not complaining at all but what's with all this nostalgia ?
I haven't read anything from you in a long time, but youre back & reminiscing :thumbsu:

Gee, that first page is interesting reading!! But I'm sure we are glad to be wrong...reallllly wrong! :p

A lot of posters around here won't beware of the bigFooty climate back in those days. This thread is a nice window into the times. Back in '05 and '06 Hawthorn supporters were given relentless s**t by Richmond posters as Wallace had sold them the most colossal of dummies. It was a very odd situation where everyone else but them seemed to read the writing on the wall very early, but by mid 2006 the poor bastards were starting to perceive another Richmond doom cycle unfolding, when we flogged them in Tassie and Franklin booted six. Actually that season saw them hit the pinnacle of the Wallace era, before it all came crashing down. In the meantime Hawthorn shot up the ladder to premiership glory, Franklin grew into a star in '07 and then detonated on the league completely in '08.

There would be millions of baiting threads started by Tiger fans on here. Some of them are absolutely brilliant reading.
None better than the "Duddy Franklin" thread.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/lance-duddy-franklin.237045/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee, that first page is interesting reading!! But I'm sure we are glad to be wrong...reallllly wrong! :p

The thing that stands out is that a lot of posters go off with little reason.
It's all very well to say " that coach is going to be hopeless", or "player X is a dud" or "player Y is a superstar", but if you shoot from the hip, you sometimes shoot yourself in the foot!

I'm just glad I didn't post anything stupid.

The thing that stands out is that a lot of posters go off with little reason.
It's all very well to say " that coach is going to be hopeless", or "player X is a dud" or "player Y is a superstar", but if you shoot from the hip, you sometimes shoot yourself in the foot!

I'm just glad I didn't post anything stupid.
Or something like "Schoenmakers will never amount to anything", "Tim O'Brien is a dud, delist"

That's what you get when you've been on the board through numerous life stages, I'm like hoarded cars, you can never get rid of me :p

Since this thread was penned we've been in four Grand Finals for three flags.

Terry Wallace has long since departed the Tigers and now spends his time on a tanning bed in his garage.

I should get some recognition for our turnaround...

Grendel, I'm not complaining at all but what's with all this nostalgia ?
I haven't read anything from you in a long time, but youre back & reminiscing :thumbsu:

Old bookmarks from an old disc (way before 2nd hard drives were affordable). Bored and a bit of fun. Especially sending the note
out re Mantis and Essendon winning a Flag before we'd win (four now and counting) again. Noticed it was a Sydney and West Coast
mod/s that locked it. Come on whoever is modding the Hawthorn thread now. Reopen it and tell the other mods to stick it if they don't
like it. I used to do it when I was a mod on here. Kick them when they're down as the saying goes. Especially trolls from Essendon. ;)

Old bookmarks from an old disc (way before 2nd hard drives were affordable). Bored and a bit of fun. Especially sending the note
out re Mantis and Essendon winning a Flag before we'd win (four now and counting) again. Noticed it was a Sydney and West Coast
mod/s that locked it. Come on whoever is modding the Hawthorn thread now. Reopen it and tell the other mods to stick it if they don't
like it. I used to do it when I was a mod on here. Kick them when they're down as the saying goes. Especially trolls from Essendon. ;)
I did notice it'd been shut down by an eagles mod.
Pretty lame excuse, i thought

Im with you, open 'er up Hawk mods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back