This Week's Banner - an idea?

Remove this Banner Ad

Floated this across the Adelaide board.

Phil Walsh was involved with numerous clubs in various capacities.

On Saturday evening - how about a striped banner of Black, White, Yellow, Teal, Red, Blue, Maroon representing every club Walsh was involved in with the moniker #weflyasone

Have both clubs run through the same banner!

No banner

But get players to enter arena together

I would also like to see players swap jumpers at the end of the game

I actually think last week showed how banners are really not required these days. We have a token boring plain bed sheet with slits cut in it that someone holds aside. Not the spot for this discussion but i want banners out and for us to come up with something different

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think last week showed how banners are really not required these days. We have a token boring plain bed sheet with slits cut in it that someone holds aside. Not the spot for this discussion but i want banners out and for us to come up with something different

Yeah and the players duck under it anyway. No tearing any more.

If there is a banner I think it would be nice to see Hurn and Tex and maybe the coaches up front linked arms and then the rest of the players linked arms in a line/ s and walk through together rather than what they do for the anzac day banner.

#returnthebanner

I reckon I hit the nail on the head when I said on the podcast it'd be too hard to get our players from their race to a joint banner near the away race.

Just a logistical nightmare, would be easier to switch the whole game to Adelaide :D

I was thinking that too. Both teams come out complete opposite ends of the biggest ground in the league. Maybe they should put the banner in the middle and both teams run in each side at the same time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back