News Thomas and Keefe - 2 year ban - Trade, De-List, Rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon I could be driving for uber very soon unless someone starts pumping money into resources again. The big companies at the moment are just getting bigger, the smaller guys are all falling on their swords. Just need to look in the auction yards to see how many sadly are going belly up.

You will adjust and re-train mate. There are always other options if you are flexible and creative.

You will adjust and re-train mate. There are always other options if you are flexible and creative.
That's something I do well. Over the last 25 years I've done Avionics, Maritime Surveillance, Airborne Surveillance, Simulator Technician, Ship Manager, Project Manager and Business Development Manager across 5 companies. There's always something new and exciting to look at. Trouble now days is that people want a bit of paper with a waxed stamp on it........

I put my faith in the Collingwood Football Club in this case.
Not a BF poster who knows better than the club.
If the club cut them, then I would support that (as the club thought good reason to cut), however they have not, hence I believe they evaluated the case carefully & came to their conclusion.
Have you ever been granted a 2nd chance by anyone?
Not sure I ever said I know better than the club. I just know that is it a bad example supporting drug cheats.
And to think the club is always right is simply wrong.
history shows that is a truth.

That's something I do well. Over the last 25 years I've done Avionics, Maritime Surveillance, Airborne Surveillance, Simulator Technician, Ship Manager, Project Manager and Business Development Manager across 5 companies. There's always something new and exciting to look at. Trouble now days is that people want a bit of paper with a waxed stamp on it........

You can get that stamp if you need it.

You can get that stamp if you need it.
Not me. I left school at 16 and struggle with the study routine. I'm not worried about not getting work too much. I have plenty of good contacts that I'm sure would be happy to help me out but it's tough at the moment.

Not me. I left school at 16 and struggle with the study routine. I'm not worried about not getting work too much. I have plenty of good contacts that I'm sure would be happy to help me out but it's tough at the moment.

Returning to study is difficult but you shouldn't discount it. Judging from your writing on here you could knock up a pretty good essay.

Not sure I ever said I know better than the club. I just know that is it a bad example supporting drug cheats.
And to think the club is always right is simply wrong.
history shows that is a truth.
No, I know you didn't, I said that (because that's what I think).
I don't believe they are drug cheats...just unlucky idiots.
I don't always think that the club is right...but in this case...I think they are closest & in the best position to judge, hence I support their decision.

I didn't support Collingwood moving from Victoria Park...but I guess I was wrong.
I supported the Ranald McDonald takeover...got that wrong.
Supported Tony Shaw as coach...got that very wrong.
I supported Malthouse, now support Bucks.
I just think the whole recreational drug issue is a pandora's box for the AFL & is not as cut & dried as some believe. Hopefully the Keeffe/Thomas saga has woken the rest of the list...a lesson for all.

Returning to study is difficult but you shouldn't discount it. Judging from your writing on here you could knock up a pretty good essay.
Thanks for the kind words JMac but I know my limitations. The other half is the educated scholar, I'm just the one with the street smarts.

I went to an oil & gas pipeline corrosion seminar last night and must've looked like one of those clowns you see at a country show you put balls in the mouth. (Keep it clean Obese Arachnid) Very academic but after all the fancy numbers, science and math, the end result came down to the correct application and preparation of works from a lonely tradesman getting $85 and hour if he/she is lucky.

There are some very smart and dedicated people out there.

Would love to know your views if this was Carlton who had two banned players and we're trying to get around the rules.

As for listing these two, I'm seriously pissed with the club.
They are drug cheats pure and simple. And have embarrassed my club.
This decision will have further ramifications.
They have forfeited the right to ever wear the Black and White, even at VFL level.
Don't know how you can call yourself a Collingwood supporter if you seriously believe the club is turning a blind eye to systematic performance enhancing drug use.
Do you think Keeffe and Thomas have done that and managed to hide it from the club? Or do you seriously believe that anyone who takes a recreational drug with traces of peds shouldn't be allowed to play AFL or VFL football? How can you, who has never met these two men, let alone spent time with them day in day out, condemn them over one negative drug test? Collingwood are black and white but issues like this are absolutely NOT black and white. Glad I don't live in your judgemental, pessimistic, negative world. If you don't support the club then don't - good luck finding another club to "support".

Do everything that is asked of you by the club, the coach, the team...

Make one mistake...

(Albeit a massive one) we'll back you.

I love whats happened here... * up again though...

Millane, Banks, Swan, Johnson, Didak, Shaw would never had been Premiership players without the same treatment.

Great message to send to our next bunch of Premiership players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My last and irrelevant post on our players on this topic.

IMO the Club feels guilty because the other "alleged" players that night didn't get tested so that it the reason they have retained them on the list.

It's all about team moral and being able to look in the mirror for me.

IMO doing things for the wrong reason.

I hope it works out for us but two years out of professional football is like climbing Mount Everest to me.

I hope they have the fortitude for the journey.

Do everything that is asked of you by the club, the coach, the team...

Make one mistake...

(Albeit a massive one) we'll back you.

I love whats happened here... **** up again though...

Millane, Banks, Swan, Johnson, Didak, Shaw would never had been Premiership players without the same treatment.

Great message to send to our next bunch of Premiership players.

Sorry but this is definitely my last post now!

Please don't put Millane & Banks in the same sentence with the others.

Totally different era in football and they had justification for a hangover and a big head after 1990.

IMO our 2010 professional team had no excuse.

Totally different era in football and they had justification for a hangover and a big head after 1990.

No matter the period in time there's never an excuse for acting like a f**kwit.

The tests don't lie.
Drug cheats.
They have a cover story, if you want to swallow that good luck to you.
Somewhere out there there are two players who have busted their guts to get the chance at An AFL club. And have not had a positive drug test.
Those are the guys I feel sorry for. Not those who had the chance and stuffed it.
Again, would you be so forgiving if this was any player other than a Collingwood player?

I am prepared to believe what you call the cover story, just as youre entitled to not believe it.

I do not believe that they are "deliberate" drug cheats. If any other player with no prior track record at another club found themselves in an identical situation I'd back the club if they chose to support them. Saad at StKilda for example.

I just think the whole recreational drug issue is a pandora's box for the AFL & is not as cut & dried as some believe. Hopefully the Keeffe/Thomas saga has woken the rest of the list...a lesson for all.
I saw what you did there.

Millane died, Mccarthy died. I'm not sure a lot has changed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back